You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Date thread

Remmie

I've got a second date with a Parisien Academic tonight.  She's researching modern creative writing and likes indie music.

Not a clue how a philistine like me has managed another date.  I'm sure she'll come to her senses tonight and be posting on a PSG date thread tomorrow.

So out of my depth.

• Upvote 1

I've got a second date with a Parisien Academic tonight.  She's researching modern creative writing and likes indie music.

Not a clue how a philistine like me has managed another date.  I'm sure she'll come to her senses tonight and be posting on a PSG date thread tomorrow.

So out of my depth.

No you're not for heaven's sake.  Bit of the old bon soirs, creme de menthe, and she'll be all over you like a cheap suit.  Ensure your philistinism comes over as aloofness, and bob's your uncle.  

Seriously, be yourself, and be interested.  

I think I'll get in early with the excuse that I'm not sure I fancy her.  Just in case she's not interested.

Out for a meal tonight at one of her favourite restaurants in Norwich.  A sample of the conversation:

Her: I loved the mussels there. I really love trying different foods.

Me: They do a great burger with a massive onion ring on top.  Served on a piece of wood.

Her: "Perplexed look".

• Upvote 2

I think I'll get in early with the excuse that I'm not sure I fancy her.  Just in case she's not interested.

Out for a meal tonight at one of her favourite restaurants in Norwich.  A sample of the conversation:

Me: They do a great burger with a massive onion ring on top.  Served on a piece of wood.

If she left Paris for Norwich you're definitely in with a chance mate.

So out of my depth.

No you're not for heaven's sake.  Bit of the old bon soirs, creme de menthe, and she'll be all over you like a cheap suit.  Ensure your philistinism comes over as aloofness, and bob's your uncle.  

Seriously, be yourself, and be interested.

Well, unless you are just playing to your attentive audience on here, get a grip of yourself and see what happens. I know nothing of dating but what I do know is that there is no greater turn off than a bloke with esteem issues (well, there probably is but you get my drift)

Just go straight in with that mate. 

"Errr.... I'm not sure if you know but TLW has this thing about young fit birds."

Well, unless you are just playing to your attentive audience on here, get a grip of yourself and see what happens. I know nothing of dating but what I do know is that there is no greater turn off than a bloke with esteem issues (well, there probably is but you get my drift)

Get confident, stupid.

I'm confident enough now.  I'm just having a joke about it.

I'm not sure we have an awful lot in common.  She's intelligent.  I work in IT.  I've had dates with braniacs before.  I don't think like normal people.

A second date is unfamiliar territory for me.  They're normally too crazy to want to see again.

I'd like some french dressing on my cock.

I'm confident enough now.  I'm just having a joke about it.

I'm not sure we have an awful lot in common.  She's intelligent.  I work in IT.  I've had dates with braniacs before.  I don't think like normal people.

A second date is unfamiliar territory for me.  They're normally too crazy to want to see again.

I'd like some french dressing on my cock.

haha

I don't come across that word too often any more.

Good luck on your date. Hope it's eventful in one way or another.

So out of my depth.

If she's left Paris for Norwich the Gendermerie must have been closing in. Check under the bed for ice picks.

You're one of those bellends in IT aren't you. 

I fucking hate ringing you cunts. 

Wait, how did you get a second date? 

She well just wants her laptop back. 

Have you fixed it yet? 

e855f3b5371e6b4db8e0192b7abbebae977d6dbe

Jules has let himself go....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1