You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steve Jobs Has Died

Guest Numero Veinticinco

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Ironic given apple tries to control everything you do with their products.

Firstly, that's not even close to being ironic. Secondly, Apple are absolutely massive in the creative industry; I certainly feel exactly the opposite about what their products did for me. Neither of those things have anything to do with my feeling upset at Jobs' passing. All in all, a bit of a shit post.

Firstly, that's not even close to being ironic. Secondly, Apple are absolutely massive in the creative industry; I certainly feel exactly the opposite about what their products did for me. Neither of those things have anything to do with my feeling upset at Jobs' passing. All in all, a bit of a shit post.

Nothing to do with your feelings I was responding to the speech you quoted.

And while we're at it, anyone who starts saying they're devastated and really upset because the CEO of a massive company that they've never met has died needs their fucking heads read the fucking dramatic fan boys.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Fuck, sorry Cardie. My bad: just didn't show up in the quote. Still disagree on the 'controlling' aspect of your post, though.

Fuck, sorry Cardie. My bad: just didn't show up in the quote. Still disagree on the 'controlling' aspect of your post, though.

I know realised it didn't too late to edit it.

I'd say by their nature they are a massively controlling company, certainly when it comes to the iPhone.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I know realised it didn't too late to edit it.

I'd say by their nature they are a massively controlling company, certainly when it comes to the iPhone.

I think they've got a closed system in some of their post-pc devices, but they're not a controlling company in terms of how they've acted through history. If anything, they've given the creative industry the tools and the freedom to thrive.

The iPod and stuff... doesn't really mean much to me: just some great hand held bits and bobs. All of which were incredibly innovative.

And while we're at it, anyone who starts saying they're devastated and really upset because the CEO of a massive company that they've never met has died needs their fucking heads read the fucking dramatic fan boys.

You do have to wonder how these people cope when someone they actually care about dies.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You do have to wonder how these people cope when someone they actually care about dies.

As somebody who has lost close family, I reckon I'm fairly in touch with my feelings on this one. I am upset that he has died.

You've got to question, in my opinion, those going on the attack just because some people like Apple as a company. I'm not a fanboy, but I am a long time user of the products and I thought Steve Jobs was genuinely innovative. Apple, Pixar, NeXT (which was then used by Tim Berners-Lee to create the first web-server and also to write the first web browser and the WWW).

I think it's pretty much a show of respect that we've lost such a rare figure in this world. I'm sure he had his faults - who doesn't - but I'll certainly remember him as more than just somebody who tried to control everything other people did. It seems those who believe that have some strange anti-apple stance. To me, that's as strange as fanboyism.