You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

Reading through some of the other forums, and if you believe all of the rumours we have enquired about 20 players!! The latest rumour has us enquiring about Defoe......if the summer is anything to go by, I'll believe it when they're shaking hands with Kenny outside melwood. It was Cahill/Dann for centre back wasn't it??

Only serious link apart from Coates was Phil Jones i believe...

You do realiae there is difference between playing for a newly promoted team and playing for 1 of the biggest teams in the league?? If he were to move here his assists and goals would increase easily.

It's hilarious how often i see this kind of logic, just casually thrown around as though it is a fact that this happens all the time. It's not even nearly true is it?

Based on the two games i´ve watched him play at international level, i´m hoping that the jackson martinez link will beat it. Poor movement and very poor finishing. Granted it´s only on the basis of two games, one of which was on a waterlogged pitch but more pertinently not many people here really seem to see that much in him.

For the record if we were to take a punt on a Colombian striker i´d prefer it to be Carlos Bacca of my local team Junior de Barranquilla. Recently fired them to the title and has said he has to decide between staying for a crack at the Libertadores this year or a possible move to Brugges.

Money would be less I´d imagine and he looks a better prospect.

Adam Matthews linked again. Could be nonsense of course, but it seems odd that we're being linked to right backs at all. Does this suggest Kenny is thinking of moving Kelly inside and doesn't reckon Flanno is really ready to be 2nd choice?

In a hypothetical, if we lose either Skrtel or Agger, who would you want to see come in at centre back?

constantly linked to midtable shite. By this time 2014 we will be established midtable team unless FSG provide some serious cash to go buy top talent. Its there. I dont give a fuck what anyone says about attracting players and how we cant anymore. Are people honestly saying we could get say these players.

Christian Eriksen. Ajax

Roberto Soldado. Valencia

Yann Mvilla. Rennes

60M, which is what we paid for Carroll, Downing and Adam.

come on guys - stop abusing each other, we're all reds

i'd be happy with three signings this window, striker, wideman and defensive midfielder - 40 million should get some decent players and we can recoup a bit by selling kuyt and factoring in the sales of cole and aquilani, exchange deals might also lower prices

come on guys - stop abusing each other, we're all reds

i'd be happy with three signings this window, striker, wideman and defensive midfielder - 40 million should get some decent players and we can recoup a bit by selling kuyt and factoring in the sales of cole and aquilani, exchange deals might also lower prices

We are getting like 5m for Aquilani and with Cole we are still paying most of his wages.

Ghana youth midfielder Mumuni Abubakar will leave Accra on Sunday night to begin a two-week trial with English giants Liverpool, GHANAsoccernet.com can reveal.

The New Edubiase United skipper was spotted by scouts of the Reds in November last year while on tour with Ghana’s Under-20 in Italy.

The 18-year-old’s name was penciled down after impressing in the friendly against Serie A side Parma.

Abubakar could earn a deal if he impresses the Liverpool technical team before the January transfer window shuts at the end of the month.

“Liverpool will assess him for ten days and then take a decision but I’m confident is not coming back to Ghana,” Fifa agent Oliver Arthur told GHANAsoccernet.com.

“I understand he had a good game yesterday (Saturday) against Medema in the Ghana Premier League and so his fitness level cannot be questioned.

“He is a promising player and I wish him all the best.”

Abubakar was voted the Sport Writers Association of Ghana Premier League Player of the Year for 2011.

Ghana Soccernet

Harry Redknapp has sparked a massive transfer scramble for Newcastle’s Demba Ba by revealing his release clause is around HALF the £10million mooted over the weekend.

Officials at St James’ Park have been desperate to keep a lid on the fact that the striker, who has netted 15 times this season, is available for the right fee.

But asked about a £10m release clause, Spurs boss Harry Redknapp said: “I think you will find it is a lot less than that.”

Asked if was as little as £7m, Redknapp added: “Even less than that.”

A whole host of clubs are set to investigate poaching the predator who destroyed Manchester United last week with an outstanding display.

Liverpool, Sunderland, Everton and QPR are all in the hunt for reinforcements up front. Ba left West Ham last summer as he had a clause in his contract saying he could quit if they were relegated.

Ba has blown away fears over a knee injury that prompted Stoke to pull out of a move for him last year.

Mirror

Blackburn Rovers fan on RAWK:

Something I've been told by somebody I trust. Makes sense anyway, Junior's settled in the North and moving to London would be a big change for him. Biggest club in our area bidding for him is Liverpool - chances are you'll offer him the most money, therefore he and his paps will prefer you.

If Spurs put in a bid things could change - but I still think Liverpool would offer more money. Without getting Modric or VDV off their books Spurs can't afford another big contract, whereas Liverpool can.

Also, Cooper-man is spot on regarding our ownership situation. Steve Kean conducts most of the club's big business - we have no infrastructure as such. Most prem managers know this - it's no coincidence Redknapp was buttering Kean up a few weeks ago. He knows full well that it will be Kean that will negotiate the Samba/Hoilett deals.

Junior Hoilett

Guest Numero Veinticinco

For me, that's the sort of money you throw at a gamble like Ba. Esentially, he's a half-season wonder. £5m is the sort of cash you put down on somebody like that.

*glances at Andy Carroll*