You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester City can confirm that striker Carlos Tevez has been suspended until further notice for a maximum period of two weeks.

The player’s suspension is pending a full review into his alleged conduct during Tuesday evening’s 2-0 defeat to Bayern Munich.

The player will not be considered for selection or take part in training whilst the review is under way.

MCFC

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone remember if there was this kind of outcry when it happened with Mascherano? That was much more disrespectful. The Tevez thing has been going on for a while already and him staying beyond the last transfer window was quite unexpected. Anyone could have seen this thing happening from a mile away.

I heard people on the radio calling for him to be sacked. If that happened he'd be delighted. He could go wherever he liked on a free. City have a big problem there, but they are probably the only club that could afford to deal with it in the best way regarding morale.

Limavady United's loan offer to Manchester City's Carlos Tevez

Irish League club Limavady United have offered Manchester City superstar Carlos Tevez an escape route from his troubles with the Premier League club.

The County Londonderry team's vice-chairman David Brewster faxed City on Wednesday afternoon offering to take the multi-million pound striker on loan for the rest of the season.

It follows City manager Roberto Mancini's vow that Tevez would never play for him again after the Argentina international failed to come on as a substitute against Bayern Munich in a Uefa Champions League game on Tuesday night.

Limavady United play in the second tier of Northern Ireland football, with opponents including Harland and Wolff Welders and Ballinamallard FC.

Mr Brewster said the club would be willing to take Tevez on loan and keep him fit, if City agreed to continue to pay his wages.

"Pursuant to the well publicised comments of your manager yesterday evening to the effect that Carlos Tevez would not be permitted to play for your club again, may I on behalf of Limavady United FC indicate our willingness to assist you with a difficult problem," his statement said.

"We would be perfectly willing to take Mr Tevez on loan for the remainder of the season or until transfer, thereby permitting him to play football but without the risk of being cup-tied for the Champions League.

"Limavady United play in the championship in Northern Ireland and our manager would be happy to accommodate Mr Tevez within his squad.

"Naturally, our club would not be in a position to discharge Mr Tevez's wages but I am sure you can see the advantages of keeping him match fit prior to any possible sale."

The offer has yet to receive a response from Manchester City.

The BBC has learned Tevez feels his row with boss Roberto Mancini was about warming up and not a refusal to play.

The 27-year-old felt he was ready to play when asked to prepare to come on in the second half of the 2-0 defeat.

Tevez blamed "confusion on the bench" for the "misunderstanding" in a statement on Wednesday.

In his statement, Mr Brewster said he looked forward to Manchester City's "early reply to permit us to complete the necessary paperwork with the Irish Football Association if the matter is to proceed".

BBC News - Limavady United's loan offer to Manchester City's Carlos Tevez

Carlos Tevez rushed home after his wife had given birth to their baby son. He came into the room and saw his perfect baby in front of him, cradled in his wifes arms and began to cry.

"What's the matter, Carlos?" asked his understandably tired wife

"It's just...well...look at him, he looks nothing like me!" The distraught Tevez replied

"Jesus wept Carlos give me a chance!" She replied "I've only just switched the kettle on"

Interesting to read Roberto Martinez's comment :

These things happen continuously. Football is a game of emotions and behind each player there is a person and sometimes they react and make mistakes. Those sort of situations happen very often and sometimes they come out in the press.

From The Independent

Edited by Sandman
Forgot to add link.

I heard people on the radio calling for him to be sacked. If that happened he'd be delighted. He could go wherever he liked on a free. City have a big problem there, but they are probably the only club that could afford to deal with it in the best way regarding morale.

Actually depending on UEFA, and if they will follow up on their own rules regarding FFP. They are the club who can least afford to let go of one of their most expensive players on a free or let him drain wages and then leave for a cut down fee or on a free. They are already under investigation regarding FFP.

And somehow i reckon UEFA are more willing to make an example of City than say Utd or Real Madrid...

Actually depending on UEFA, and if they will follow up on their own rules regarding FFP. They are the club who can least afford to let go of one of their most expensive players on a free or let him drain wages and then leave for a cut down fee or on a free. They are already under investigation regarding FFP.

And somehow i reckon UEFA are more willing to make an example of City than say Utd or Real Madrid...

Tevez signed his current contract before June 2010 so neither his transfer fee nor his wages are included in FFP calculations. Money received for him, either in terms of loan or transfer fees would be an income for them though.

Jim Boyce, our FIFA rep, was surprisingly harsh on him though.

"I believe Fifa should have the power to ban the player from taking an active part in football.

"If he has done what has been said, then I think his club would be better off without him.

"If Manchester City prove it, write to Fifa and state the exact circumstances that happened, I would have no problem with that whatsoever. It hasn't occurred before but I think what happened was despicable."

Boyce added: "If this player did what he has been accused of doing, then if Manchester City were to release him I don't think it would be right if he could go and earn a considerable amount of money somewhere else next week.

Tevez signed his current contract before June 2010 so neither his transfer fee nor his wages are included in FFP calculations. Money received for him, either in terms of loan or transfer fees would be an income for them though.

Jim Boyce, our FIFA rep, was surprisingly harsh on him though.

"I believe Fifa should have the power to ban the player from taking an active part in football.

"If he has done what has been said, then I think his club would be better off without him.

"If Manchester City prove it, write to Fifa and state the exact circumstances that happened, I would have no problem with that whatsoever. It hasn't occurred before but I think what happened was despicable."

Boyce added: "If this player did what he has been accused of doing, then if Manchester City were to release him I don't think it would be right if he could go and earn a considerable amount of money somewhere else next week.

I suppose the fee they paid for him wont be included as it was years ago, but surely his wages, which must be included in their annual reports has to be included ?

I suppose the fee they paid for him wont be included as it was years ago, but surely his wages, which must be included in their annual reports has to be included ?

No, it's one of the major reasons that clubs such as City aren't panicking yet. Any player wages from contracts agreed before the clubs signed up to FFP (June 2010) can be omitted from the calculations in the case of a deficit.

Basically it was agreed as part of the introductory, easing-in period and obviously it won't an advantage for long as you generally re-negotiate every 3 years

No, it's one of the major reasons that clubs such as City aren't panicking yet. Any player wages from contracts agreed before the clubs signed up to FFP (June 2010) can be omitted from the calculations in the case of a deficit.

Basically it was agreed as part of the introductory, easing-in period and obviously it won't an advantage for long as you generally re-negotiate every 3 years

Didnt know that, thought it was only transfer fee's agreed before the rules came into play. Fuckin loopholes.

Im bored of this already. what happened was Tevez was acting like a petulant child , but it was lost in translation. He had just been warming up for 10 mins he sat down and Mancini told him to warm up again . Tevez responded by saying i've just warmed up and Mancini took it as he was refusing to. Mancini has a short a fuse as Tevez and if he had taken the time to walk over to tevez the matter would have been resolved. Whilst the british press as spunking themselves over this story with over blown histeria you would have thin he killed someone. What will happen is he will sit it out in Man City reserves until January and will move to Real Madrid for a cut price of 20-25m in January. End of story.