You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sorry Simon, he was being incredibly condescending and as usual, ignorant of any opposing views. Alternatively if, like Lawrenson you are unable to articulate your opinion in such as ways so as to not cause offence, then shut up and say nothing!

I agree but the idiot does.

So basically everyone who doesn't agree with your point of view is a thick cunt???

Condescending beyond belief you are frode!

No thats not what I`m saying, but to sit down and write a piece like that based on the comments from Lawro, I just find that a bit strange to be honest, why would anyone ever do that if they really got what Lawro was saying?

I read it first time after I saw a link to it on Twitter and I thought, what a load of shite and what a poor childish piece it really was.

When someone not old enbough to ever have seen Lawro play and remember it, writes that he will never remember him play for Liverpool how can you take it seriously, it takes out most of the credibility the piece might have in the first place and badly written pieces like that does no one a favour

Let me ask then whats good about it, why is it good, what relevant points does it raise and why on earth bring even a quarter of the things thats included into it?

Guest ShoePiss

If he'd said "we just want the truth no matter what it uncovers" it would have been fine and maybe he was thinking just that, hard to know. It simply wasn't necessary to add in supporters may be at fault and they'll have to live with the consequences.

It wasn't a perfectly acceptable comment at all, far fucking from it. The response from Kristian is overly personal but there are good points in there, Lawrenson could argue that if he wasn't at Liverpool he would have made a decent career for himself elsewhere but it cannot be disputed that being at Liverpool at that time was the absolute pinnacle for a professional footballer, it improved his game no end and provided him with fame and fortune that just wouldn't happen at another club.

I didnt see anything wrong with what Lorrow said to be honest.

I took it to mean, look, everyone is willing to except responsability, if it was the club at fault or the fans, they are ready to shoulder the blame, should eny be attached through uncovering these secret files.

So why is it that the government still try to wriggle out of making them puplic?

people can make there own minds up and in doing so understand why the families and the city have fought so hard and so long for this to be made public

Just out of curiosity Coro what are these other things that you speak of that Code and Lawrenson are more concerned with?

Just seems a bit of a throwaway comment and I'm just interested what it means thanks.

Lawrenson loves the sound of his own voice, Codey loves his internet persona.

Whelan's post is spot on.

If he'd said "we just want the truth no matter what it uncovers" it would have been fine and maybe he was thinking just that, hard to know. It simply wasn't necessary to add in supporters may be at fault and they'll have to live with the consequences.

It wasn't a perfectly acceptable comment at all, far fucking from it. The response from Kristian is overly personal but there are good points in there, Lawrenson could argue that if he wasn't at Liverpool he would have made a decent career for himself elsewhere but it cannot be disputed that being at Liverpool at that time was the absolute pinnacle for a professional footballer, it improved his game no end and provided him with fame and fortune that just wouldn't happen at another club.

Because that letter went personal it will never be looked at for its good points, emotional from the writer, but will looked at by the majority as crass and will go straight in the bin.

People need to get out of the bubble they live in when it comes to highly emotive subjects such as Heysel and Hillsborough. Let me explain. There are other opinions and thoughts on the subject that do not tally with your own. I'm not saying you should accept them but just acknowledge that they exist.

Lawrenson may not be everyones cup of tea but there is one thing many have not grasped, he moves in former player and media cycles and I bet there are a big majority of players and journalists that are convinced that either Liverpool and/or its fans were to blame. An ex Sun reporter works in my office and I have never discussed Hillsborough with her for fear I'll lose my rag but I know if I asked her what the journalists then and now believe about the incident I'm sure she'll respond with "some are convinced it was down to the fans". Neither them or ex players of that era will say it publicly for obvious reasons but they believe it. If you think the hatred for Liverpool starts at Gary Neville then you should donate whats left of your brain to medical science.

Didn't Old Big Mouth Clough blame the fans then retract the statement? Lawrenson knows that by sitting on the fence on certain subjects gives it a greater chance of it being aired rather than;

"It was all down to poor ground selection and piss poor policing".

It may come from the heart but how many people will it reach? How many minds will it change?

Its all about "playing the game". Ask that all you want is the truth and the government can't object and pressure to release the documents will grow, but scream "show us the documents that prove we were right and you've been covering it up all this time" and you'll be lucky if your grand kids get to see them!

Again this is my own opinion, you can accept or reject it, but its there.

Guest ShoePiss
Because that letter went personal it will never be looked at for its good points, emotional from the writer, but will looked at by the majority as crass and will go straight in the bin.

People need to get out of the bubble they live in when it comes to highly emotive subjects such as Heysel and Hillsborough. Let me explain. There are other opinions and thoughts on the subject that do not tally with your own. I'm not saying you should accept them but just acknowledge that they exist.

Lawrenson may not be everyones cup of tea but there is one thing many have not grasped, he moves in former player and media cycles and I bet there are a big majority of players and journalists that are convinced that either Liverpool and/or its fans were to blame. An ex Sun reporter works in my office and I have never discussed Hillsborough with her for fear I'll lose my rag but I know if I asked her what the journalists then and now believe about the incident I'm sure she'll respond with "some are convinced it was down to the fans". Neither them or ex players of that era will say it publicly for obvious reasons but they believe it. If you think the hatred for Liverpool starts at Gary Neville then you should donate whats left of your brain to medical science.

Didn't Old Big Mouth Clough blame the fans then retract the statement? Lawrenson knows that by sitting on the fence on certain subjects gives it a greater chance of it being aired rather than;

"It was all down to poor ground selection and piss poor policing".

It may come from the heart but how many people will it reach? How many minds will it change?

Its all about "playing the game". Ask that all you want is the truth and the government can't object and pressure to release the documents will grow, but scream "show us the documents that prove we were right and you've been covering it up all this time" and you'll be lucky if your grand kids get to see them!

Again this is my own opinion, you can accept or reject it, but its there.

Why is this in response to my comment? I'm confused.

It was a poor choice of wording as you have to be aware of the audience you are speaking to sometimes when discussing things. For example I might, if I wanted to, enter a debate with people on here about how, aside from crowd control, the way people are crushed is that people at the back keep pushing because they don't know that people at the front are dying. I might also raise incidents like in Athens and Barcelona where people were clearly not giving a fuck about cramming into a stadium without a ticket and causing overcrowding.

I certainly wouldn't be raising them outside this forum where views on whether a couple of percent of the blame should be shouldered by other fans would clearly be very much read as points to place the majority of the blame on those seeking to get justice.

I don't like Lawrenson, the TV comment was pretty crass also what he said about LFC fans might be to blame was pretty stupid too. Nobody can have much respect for the guy but my point is relating to the "LFC made Mark Lawrenson the player he was", now the article suggest that had Lawrenson never played for LFC then he would have been a lower league player who never made the big time. When Lawrenson signed for LFC from Brighton in 1981 he picked LFC over Arsenal and Man Utd so if we hadn't have got him one of the other big clubs would have and so he was always talented enough to play for a big glamourous club. Trying to say he was an ordinary player who Liverpool somehow made into a top notch star doesn't really fit the facts. The man was a special player but a knob of a pundit.

Guest ShoePiss
I don't like Lawrenson, the TV comment was pretty crass also what he said about LFC fans might be to blame was pretty stupid too. Nobody can have much respect for the guy but my point is relating to the "LFC made Mark Lawrenson the player he was", now the article suggest that had Lawrenson never played for LFC then he would have been a lower league player who never made the big time. When Lawrenson signed for LFC from Brighton in 1981 he picked LFC over Arsenal and Man Utd so if we hadn't have got him one of the other big clubs would have and so he was always talented enough to play for a big glamourous club. Trying to say he was an ordinary player who Liverpool somehow made into a top notch star doesn't really fit the facts. The man was a special player but a knob of a pundit.

I agree that he was a very good player but I do think that joining us elevated his career more than any other club interested would have. His partnership with Hansen is the best this league has ever seen in my opinion.