You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shirts might sell because of the name but I'd wager a good chunk of money that the training and leisure gear won't sell half as well as the adidas stuff. Of course the brand matters to people, it would be foolish to think othewise. Warrior's parent company might be massive but let's be honest, none of us knew who they were when the deal was mooted.

It doesn't matter if they do... Adidas were bastards to deal with... They left us a bit of the crust whilst they feasted on most of the pie.

It doesn't matter if they do... Adidas were bastards to deal with... They left us a bit of the crust whilst they feasted on most of the pie.

That's on Parry that. If you get a club like Liverpool for a song you don't turn it down. Same goes for Carlsberg. You can't blame these companies for getting away with it if they can.

Umbro are owned by Nike. Nike use them as a more traditional brand, hence the whole "tailored by Umbro" marketing they use for their kits these days. And whilst the Chinese market is growing I think the majority of the people over there that follow football are as interested in the players themselves as they are the clubs. Hence all those pictures of those Asian fans buying Madrid shirts after Beckham went there, although I'd acknowledge that is the extreme end of the spectrum. I think the counterfiting scene is a major problem over there, as is the price that companies charge for footy shirts over there. It's overrated for me.

I know Nike own Umbro, but as I say, your initial point was regarding the fashionable side of Warrior, that hasn't stopped Umbro.

And I work with lots of Chinese, and they all follow and support Liverpool, or United/Arsenal/Barcelona, they are less player focussed than people give them credit for.

The question is do people by the apparel because it is Liverpool first, or Addidas first? I think Liverpool is the priority, its not like we are using Hummell!

That's on Parry that. If you get a club like Liverpool for a song you don't turn it down. Same goes for Carlsberg. You can't blame these companies for getting away with it if they can.

That's definitely true.

If Warrior are serious about entering the football market, then Liverpool FC deal will fucking make them.

We know it. They know it... and I bet the terms were something that Adidas wouldn't ever match.

That's definitely true.

If Warrior are serious about entering the football market, then Liverpool FC deal will fucking make them.

We know it. They know it... and I bet the terms were something that Adidas wouldn't ever match.

And that’s the key for me. We have the guaranteed safety net of £25m a year no matter what which is a great bit of business. And then the huge and significant opportunity of a company, owned by a much larger well known company in New Balance, trying to break a market with us as their flag ship brand.

It’s amazing as I’m probably accepted as the glummest most negative twat on these boards, yet even I can’t help but see the huge benefits of this deal. Jesus, even if it goes absolutely pear-shaped, we still get the money!

And that’s the key for me. We have the guaranteed safety net of £25m a year no matter what which is a great bit of business. And then the huge and significant opportunity of a company, owned by a much larger well known company in New Balance, trying to break a market with us as their flag ship brand.

It’s amazing as I’m probably accepted as the glummest most negative twat on these boards, yet even I can’t help but see the huge benefits of this deal. Jesus, even if it goes absolutely pear-shaped, we still get the money!

That's a pretty fair summary.

Reebok are a larger company and are now owned by adidas. That brand couldn't crack football. Once again we were on board with a company that gave us good money and was intent on breaking into football. They couldn't do it. So a company that no one's ever heard of and backed by a running shoe company famous for making their shoes in the US doesn't fill me with confidence. I think we've sacraficed adidas's global recognition, marketing and distribution for something that will make us straight up money but will reduce our chances of growing the LFC brand into other avenues like retro wear, boots and leisure wear.

Umbro are owned by Nike. Nike use them as a more traditional brand, hence the whole "tailored by Umbro" marketing they use for their kits these days. And whilst the Chinese market is growing I think the majority of the people over there that follow football are as interested in the players themselves as they are the clubs. Hence all those pictures of those Asian fans buying Madrid shirts after Beckham went there, although I'd acknowledge that is the extreme end of the spectrum. I think the counterfiting scene is a major problem over there, as is the price that companies charge for footy shirts over there. It's overrated for me.

It's not like I want the club to fail with this deal but I can't abide people making out that we've been dead clever when Warrior are a complete unknown in football. It might work out, it might not but the precedent for companies trying stuff like this isn't good.

You remind me of those board level innovators at Hotpoint, Electrolux and Hoover who told James Dyson to sling his hook as they didn't want to rock the boat as the UK vaccum bag industry was worth 100M. Now Dyson is worth nearly 2Billion.

Sometimes going with the flow and doing what everyone else is doing just leaves you as stale as the rest. Talking a chance can push you to the front.

Wrong. Adidas taking the lionshare is their standard package. Thats why they refused to match Warriors deals as they'd be breaking a contract that the likes of R.Madrid and Bayern have signed and they'd want parity.

You remind me of those board level innovators at Hotpoint, Electrolux and Hoover who told James Dyson to sling his hook as they didn't want to rock the boat as the UK vaccum bag industry was worth 100M. Now Dyson is worth nearly 2Billion.

Sometimes going with the flow and doing what everyone else is doing just leaves you as stale as the rest. Talking a chance can push you to the front.

Weak comparison.

Can you explain what you mean when you say 'it might not work out' please.

There is no negative. We get a guaranteed £25m a year no matter what. It’s a win win. RedKnight just doesn’t like the deal because he hates the Asians and some black people. He told me this.

How many Boston Red Sox shirts are sold annually?

I only ask because Warrior make them and the Red Sox are a big brand as well,at least in the US.

New Balance gear is decent as well.

For the final time, New Balance/Warrior do not make the jerseys for the Boston Red Sox. Never have done, never will do; there's a league wide deal with Majestic to make them. The Red Sox have bench gear made Nike and Majestic. The only New Balance presence at Fenway Park is a sign in right field and polo shirts worn by the ground crew.

Poorly designed and made goods that inhibit our sales line long term coupled with a brand that isn't a brand. Don't underestimate how popular adidas gear is, especially in Liverpool.

In that worst case scenario, we'll still be getting much more money than we did from adidas. The number of LFC trackie bottoms you see in the centre of town is irrelevant.

Poorly designed and made goods that inhibit our sales line long term coupled with a brand that isn't a brand. Don't underestimate how popular adidas gear is, especially in Liverpool.

I remember after Istanbul we were unable to take advantage of the massive spike in demand for stuff because someone or other couldn't manufacture quick enough. So the idea that this is a simple win-win doesn't cut it for me.

These guys have almost no presence in the UK. They have 1 outlet! How much manufacturing capacity will they need to add? What agreements will they have to negotiate with suppliers, retailers, real estate people???? Fucking any of those up could undermine us and the brand and compromise growth.

Warrior are paying a premium because there is risk, to pretend there is none is naive. Problem is we are sacrificing the safety and security of a big company like Adidas because right now cash and opportunity for some type of disruptive growth is worth more. Let's hope we are able to execute on it as well as we can bullshit on it.