Quantcast
Favourite Spielberg Film - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Favourite Spielberg Film  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Spielberg Film

• Duel
    • The Sugarland Express
    • Jaws
    • Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
    • Raiders Of The Lost Ark
    • E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
    • Temple Of Doom
    • The Color Purple
    • Empire Of The Sun
    • The Last Crusade
    • Hook
    • Jurassic Park
    • Schindler's List
    • The Lost World : Jurassic Park
    • Amistad
    • Saving Private Ryan
    • A.I. Artificial Intelligence
    • Minority Report
    • Catch Me If You Can
    • The Terminal
    • War Of The Worlds
    • Munich
    • The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
    • Other - Please State

Schindler's List for me. It blew me away when I first watched it. Obviously some incredible films in the list, and for different reasons I would add Jaws and Saving Private Ryan, but Schindler tops them all.

Raiders was an easy choice for me. It's a fucking belter.

the list is amazing though. i haven't seen them all, but the ones i have are all great. really different styles too. Top bloke.

Schindler's List for me. It blew me away when I first watched it. Obviously some incredible films in the list, and for different reasons I would add Jaws and Saving Private Ryan, but Schindler tops them all.

I found it a bit glum.

Guest The Chimp

I was "umming" and "aahing" between Raiders and E.T. Went for Raiders in the end, as as magical as E.T. was I've not watched it as much. Surprised in all honesty that there aren't more votes for E.T., but I guess that goes to show how many good Spielberg films there are.

I was "umming" and "aahing" between Raiders and E.T. Went for Raiders in the end, as as magical as E.T. was I've not watched it as much. Surprised in all honesty that there aren't more votes for E.T., but I guess that goes to show how many good Spielberg films there are.

It's maudlin, soppy and boring. I haven't watched it once since I first saw it in the cinema when I was 10 or whatever

Saw the segment of the Night Gallery pilot directed by Spielberg last night. When viewed alongside the other two segments, you can see that even as a very young man he was streets of head in terms of style. There's loads of techniques and shots that you feel prefigure his theatrical releases. Well recommended.

Jaws is on at FACT on Thursday night.

Thought I'd have a look for a Spielberg thread after the Jaws debate on here the other day.

Amazed at the lack of votes for E.T. A lot of people on here seem to be roughly the same age as me & this film had a huge impact on me when I was a kid, I think in a lot of ways it's everything a film should be.

Anyway, I voted for E.T. I don't actually think he's done anything worth bothering about since the early 90s.

19 minutes ago, Mook said:

Thought I'd have a look for a Spielberg thread after the Jaws debate on here the other day.

Amazed at the lack of votes for E.T. A lot of people on here seem to be roughly the same age as me & this film had a huge impact on me when I was a kid, I think in a lot of ways it's everything a film should be.

Anyway, I voted for E.T. I don't actually think he's done anything worth bothering about since the early 90s.

I think you should be less worried about people not voting E.T. and more worried about the two utter fucking mentalists who voted for Hook and Minority Report.

• Upvote 3

Jaws probably.

I've never seen Schindler's List.

That would be an interesting thread, like, 5 most famous films you've never seen.

From this list, never seen The Color Purple, Hook, Terminal and I think 1941.

Jaws but I agree, E.T hasn't got enough votes. 

Raiders of the Lost Ark is nowhere fucking near Jaws as a film. 23% of you need sectioning. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Raiders of the Lost Ark is nowhere fucking near Jaws as a film. 23% of you need sectioning. 

Raiders has a scene with men in a boat too you know!

On 3/1/2019 at 4:08 PM, Bjornebye said:

Jaws is my favourite, but Raiders is an absolute genius piece of filmmaking. You’ve had a complete Weston, there. 

Jurassic Park for me. I was obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid and seeing that at the cinema, aged 10, has stayed with me my whole life. Closely followed by Jaws then Raiders.

The less said about more recent efforts the better.