You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Marveaux

RobbieOR

Can't believe he actually answered honestly on our multiple choice medical!

1. Are you made of: a) Glass b) Steel c) Flesh and bone

2. Who is the most important person in a football club? a) The chairman b) The manager c) The physio

3. What is your relation to Harry Kewell? a) Think he is a joke b) Never met him c) We share DNA

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don

Sorry to hear the lad failed the medical. Is it confirmed? Its good to see we are being more stringent with them given the trouble agger and aurelio have had with injuries.

I dont think people can link the aquilani and carroll signs to this. Certainly aquilani was signed under the previous medial regime. I also dont think it was just down to the medical staff to veto that particular signing.

Carroll was injured when we signed him but its not like he's had a history of injuries like aquilani and this marveaux fella.

as I said, fell for the lad but pleased we arent signing players with long standing history of injuries.

How is it different? Stop being a fucking pedant. Happy that he failed. Relieved that he failed. They amount to exactly the same fucking thing and that is that most people were not happy at the prospect of this player because he was on a free.

Personally, I was not happy at the prospect of this player because he was a well-known sick-note, and the medical merely confirms that. So yes, I am happy he isn't coming. But feel free to bust out that Degen shirt opening day.

Sorry to hear the lad failed the medical. Is it confirmed? Its good to see we are being more stringent with them given the trouble agger and aurelio have had with injuries.

I dont think people can link the aquilani and carroll signs to this. Certainly aquilani was signed under the previous medial regime. I also dont think it was just down to the medical staff to veto that particular signing.

Carroll was injured when we signed him but its not like he's had a history of injuries like aquilani and this marveaux fella.

as I said, fell for the lad but pleased we arent signing players with long standing history of injuries.

Apparently (according to some poster on RAWK) he's been quoted tonight as saying the hold up is due to a contractual dispute and not a medical issue.

Google translation

Announced for months, the signing of Sylvain Marveaux Liverpool took yesterday a strange turn. Indeed, in the morning, the official site of the legendary English club said the player had passed a medical on Thursday and he had to complete his contract in the morning. A five-year contract for a salary of € 70,000 per week!

But in the evening, a crazy rumor has crossed the Channel, relayed through various websites and blogs of French supporters. The contract had Marveaux longer needed due to a groin problem detected during the medical examination. A plausible version since the player has undergone two surgeries in four years groin.

Contacted yesterday by phone in England, the player has totally denied "This is false. There is no medical problem, provides the attacking midfielder. It's just not agree for the moment on the final points of negotiation. "Sylvain Marveaux should sign his contract this weekend.

Google translation

Announced for months, the signing of Sylvain Marveaux Liverpool took yesterday a strange turn. Indeed, in the morning, the official site of the legendary English club said the player had passed a medical on Thursday and he had to complete his contract in the morning. A five-year contract for a salary of € 70,000 per week!

But in the evening, a crazy rumor has crossed the Channel, relayed through various websites and blogs of French supporters. The contract had Marveaux longer needed due to a groin problem detected during the medical examination. A plausible version since the player has undergone two surgeries in four years groin.

Contacted yesterday by phone in England, the player has totally denied "This is false. There is no medical problem, provides the attacking midfielder. It's just not agree for the moment on the final points of negotiation. "Sylvain Marveaux should sign his contract this weekend.

Did it?

To be brutally honest here, if the lad has an injury, we should just not bother signing him, its as simple as that. Its too much of a risk, if a player fails a medical, then we should do the safe thing and look elsewhere, once bitten and twice shy with injury prone bosmans.

They probably seen "Marveaux set to complete Bosman move to Anfield" under the gossip section of the home page and clicked on it.

"Liverpool are close to completing the free transfer signing of Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux.

The France U21 international had a medical yesterday and should conclude the fine points of the contract this morning."

Not realizing it is just a copy from the Daily Mail

Google translation

Contacted by our colleagues at L'Equipe. Fr, Sylvain Marveaux, whose transfer to Liverpool was finally overturned, held to silence rumors about a possible injury detected during the medical examination. "Frankly it's anything loose player. I am in good health and fit to play. It disgusts me to read a few things like that because I know it could affect the rest of my career. Today I can commit to undergo a medical before you and you will see that there is no problem. "

The former Rennes ensures that the problem lies elsewhere. "I do not want to go into details, but if I did not sign in Liverpool, because there was a contractual disagreement between the parties Thursday night," he said.

I think it's a shame because he could have been a good squad player at an acceptable cost.

Ooh, do you see what you've done there? You've got "against modern football" as your avatar but you've said it's ok to have an injury prone player on the bench at an acceptable cost of sixty thousand pounds per week (that's a tad over three million pounds a year, or about 3 MRI scanners, if you prefer).

Just saying, like.

Ooh, do you see what you've done there? You've got "against modern football" as your avatar but you've said it's ok to have an injury prone player on the bench at an acceptable cost of sixty thousand pounds per week (that's a tad over three million pounds a year, or about 3 MRI scanners, if you prefer).

Just saying, like.

Well, first of all we need better squad players and they won't be cheap no matter we like it or not. Also you have to consider the fact that there is no transfer fee. Obviously the wages are too high for all players these days, but compared to other players in the squad it's not that much, and it's not even an official number that's been banded about. As for his injuries they are obviously something to worry about and all precautions should be taken seriously.

Oh and, just being curious, if you think three million a year is too much to spend on wages, how about all those millions we are splashing for overpriced British players?

I don't believe we didn't sign him because of a contract dispute.

As a free agent, we were able to officially speak to him from 1st January. We'd have made him a financial offer in that period and he would have been well aware what we were offering & wouldn't have waited until the last minute till turn it down, especially for Newcastle.

I'll accept that maybe after seeing his medical that we tried to re-negotiate the deal as it was unsatisfactory but I don't believe it's a straight as he's now trying to make out.