You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool v Spurs

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reality check for some of our players, fans and coaching staff today.

We're not as good as we think we are, Kenny isn't an infallible magician, and we need at least 3-4 players in summer to go into the first team.

But then this isn't news to anyone who isn't stupid.

Spurs were very good, despite missing some top players, and deservedly won.

Not going to comment on Carroll, I think it's all been said, but I think it's a bit difficult to make a call on him when he's only played a handful of games and still isn't fit.

Agree with all that 100%, just hope with most likely no European football it stops us signing any of our targets.

Agree with all that 100%, just hope with most likely no European football it stops us signing any of our targets.

I would be surprised if being in the Europa Cup would make that much difference to a player signing or not.

Certainly you can understand players wanting CL football, but the Europa? Hmmm.

And I do understand the antipathy towards it from some of our fans; those Thursday night games in fucking Albania are sooooo depressing.

Let's get concentrate on the trophy we want more than any other and ensure we get back into the Top 4

Won't be easy, but with the right signings, I'm confident.

Some of the mongism about Andy Carroll in this thread would be astounding were this not the FF. The bloke's not really 100% fit is he. Mistake to start him today in my opinion but Kenny clearly wanted to give him the last 90 minutes at home this season. He's going to be a cracking player for us. Some of you really need to get a fucking grip.

Either he is fit to play 90 minutes or he isn't. Dalglish has no sentiment. He plays the players who are fit, with a view to getting a result. Carroll was fit, by virtue of staying on the field ahead of Maxi and Spearing etc, but did not produce today for what ever reason.

Either he is fit to play 90 minutes or he isn't. Dalglish has no sentiment. He plays the players who are fit, with a view to getting a result. Carroll was fit, by virtue of staying on the field ahead of Maxi and Spearing etc, but did not produce today for what ever reason.

He got zero service.

I honestly feel Carroll hinders our style of play (one touch pass and move football). What gets me is we've played so well the past few games without Carroll, yet the minute he comes back in the side our level of performance drop and then people make excuses for him. Remind me how long King's been out yet he put in an immense performance today? For me Carroll has always lacked mobility. Personally I think if you want to get the very best out of him switch to a 4-4-2 with proper wingers and he'd perform better. He is clearly an old fashioned centre forward who thrives so much off service from the wings. However, play him in a system which relies on one touch passing, slick movement and good interchanging from our forwards then his lack of mobility, movement and technique is exposed.imo

Yeah I agree with you on this. He was a panic buy, in the sense that it was the last day of a hectic window, and although he was probably on the 'watch list' we didn't NEED him that much. We needed him to the tune of no more than 6 to 10 mil, tops. Thats a much more realistic value.

Now we end up having to make him fit, like it or not, in much the same way Chelsea have to make Torres fit.

Kenny has a real headache. There's going to be some hard training sessions for Carroll, and he may not have either the brain or the build for the role we really need him for.

We've been brilliant w/o Carroll, and when you look at exactly what we could have done with the money, in terms of filling more important roles, I'm hugely disappointed; still at the end of the day it isn't my money, and if he gets sold down the track for a loss, like Robbie Keane and others....we'll have fallen in the same hole again won't we?

It isn't Dalglish's concern. In fact he probably gave the culprit a dressing down lol.

Carroll needs to toughen up in the box. He may look big and scary, but today he looked like a little girl when he went up against King and Dawson (when the fuck did he become so good btw, the ugly faced prick).

Oh and concerning Mrs Suarez, well done Luis and congrats with the Dutch League.

Guest The Chimp

Carroll's only played half a dozen or so games hasn't he? Plus we're not playing with wingers are we? Of course the lad's going to struggle - especially if he's coming back from injury and has to adapt to the team/they have to adapt to his strengths. Take a breath lads and revisit this half way through next season eh - it's all a bit melodramatic. From where we were it's all a bonus this.

You are right about that, but when you look at all the improvement in the last few games, the team wasn't going to instantly adapt its style to service Carroll.

Well... it did adapt it's style... it was a different formation, hence a different style of playing, less movement, deeper wingers and less passing around the area. That was the problem in my opinion, without that extra man in the middle we couldn't get a rhythm going.

Another loss under the watchfull eye of Webb.

Let's not kid ourselves here, Webb is not the reason we lost. We were shit although Webb was even shitter. Some of his decisions were just staggering. One of the worst was denying Crouch a free-kick near the half-way line when Skrtel used him as a launch ramp to win a header. Crouch just put out his arms and laughed in disbelief at the assistant ref.

Flanagan was our best player imo, honourable mentions to Carra and Skrtel as well.

You know it's been a bad day at the office when the highlight of the match is Lucas losing his patience and clattering the metatarsals of a streaker.

Not worth starting a new thread for, but I found this on youtube. Footage in the tunnel of the Spurs game. Worth a watch if only to see the King touching the "This Is Anfield" sign.

[YOUTUBE]ib7jb2aJN3g[/YOUTUBE]