You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I know I shouldn't but just checked the fixtures, Everton and Luton both have 6 matches, 4 of Evertons opponents have something to play for, Everton are the only one of Lutons opponents that won't have beach towels with them. If Luton could hand pick 6 matches they would chose the 6 they have.

• Upvote 1

I don’t understand how anyone can justify just a two point deduction for financial cheating, it’s less points taken away than one win will give you.

its like living in a reality where spending more money than you have on players does not matter and those players don’t give you an advantage.

Its farcical really. 

• Upvote 5

It’s not all doom and gloom then…

I`ve been fairly steadfast in the view this team is going down, nothing I`ve seen in in the last 19 games has given me reason to think any different, if anything it is far more obvious than ever.

Again I said Dyche should have gone during the break, the club has missed the opportunity and now the whole club will pay the consequences.

I feel sorry for all the staff at Finch Farm and Goodison who will lose their jobs, jobs they put their all in to and they will be sacked off the back of the frauds in the dugout and in the boardroom, how can any of them look these people in the eye.

Relegation, massive fire sale and administration will ensue. Probably lose the stadium aswell meaning all of this will be for nothing... This club is rotten from top to bottom and the only way this finishes is with the club fighting for it`s very survival...

Nice one Kopite Kenwright, this is your legacy and you can RIP knowing you`ve played your part in killing this club.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

It’s not all doom and gloom then…

I`ve been fairly steadfast in the view this team is going down, nothing I`ve seen in in the last 19 games has given me reason to think any different, if anything it is far more obvious than ever.

Again I said Dyche should have gone during the break, the club has missed the opportunity and now the whole club will pay the consequences.

I feel sorry for all the staff at Finch Farm and Goodison who will lose their jobs, jobs they put their all in to and they will be sacked off the back of the frauds in the dugout and in the boardroom, how can any of them look these people in the eye.

Relegation, massive fire sale and administration will ensue. Probably lose the stadium aswell meaning all of this will be for nothing... This club is rotten from top to bottom and the only way this finishes is with the club fighting for it`s very survival...

Nice one Kopite Kenwright, this is your legacy and you can RIP knowing you`ve played your part in killing this club.

“Kopite Kenwright” the man died knowing the club he gave his everything to hated him. Scummy twats 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Code said:

I don’t understand how anyone can justify just a two point deduction for financial cheating, it’s less points taken away than one win will give you.

its like living in a reality where spending more money than you have on players does not matter and those players don’t give you an advantage.

Its farcical really. 

The Luton chairman summed it up pretty well when he talked about forest. He said if they hadn't bought Chris wood last season (in the period they were punished) then they'd have been compliant. Chris wood has gone on to score all 3 goals in games against Luton this season, games which finish level, but result in 4 points dropped and 2 gained for forest as a direct consequence in just their games. That's a 6 point swing which would have forest in the relegation zone. So it's literally been worth it for forest counting just those 2 matches. 

Now I've not checked his maths on this. But while wood didn't complete his move permanently till July (this accounting year) his loan fee was as big as his amortisation cost anyway - so it's a fair assumption he could be right. 

• Upvote 2

Crikey.

The set-up for this is a bit like the Quansah fuck-up: there's no easy pass between the Centre-Backs, so the keeper positions himself in the right place for the safe ball.  As long as he doesn't have a sub-Karius brainfart, there's no danger.

27 minutes ago, Code said:

Its farcical really. 

I actually think it will make teams more likely to cheat.

If Newcastle spend a billion this summer then worst case scenario they will get a six point fine in a few years time. 

8 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

I actually think it will make teams more likely to cheat.

If Newcastle spend a billion this summer then worst case scenario they will get a six point fine in a few years time. 

Yep there's no deterent whatsoever.  If I were the Newcastle CEO i'd be throwing £500m+ at the squad this summer.