You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

On 02/06/2021 at 00:30, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I quite like the timing of this. A few weeks of "taking time to find the right manager to take the club forward into a new era in our new home" means that they'll probably appoint someone just in time for loads of rumours to fly around  - all of which they'll believe  - linking them to whoever the breakout stars of the Euros are.  By the time the new season starts they'll be convinced that they'll get their revenge on Ancelotti by battering Real in the following year's Champions League final.  What a time to be alive! What a time to be a Blue!  Of course, before Christmas, reality will kick in and half of them will be calling the new manager and any players he's signed fit to burn; mercenaries and chancers who will never be good enough for their great club.

In an uncertain world, the Everton Cycle is one of the few constants we can depend on. 

Taken time to find a new manager. Check.

Transfer rumours around breakout stars of the Euros. Check.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-transfer-news-latest-dumfries-20960219

Next step is the total meltdown by Christmas. 

44 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

But they did it once, according to Evertonians that is every game when it comes to der redshite.

True

5 hours ago, Arniepie said:

It was a response to.being called murderers for about 20 years.

Yeah, I know that. But it was only ever going to encourage them to do it more. Gave them an excuse to get riled up about it again.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Taken time to find a new manager. Check.

Transfer rumours around breakout stars of the Euros. Check.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-transfer-news-latest-dumfries-20960219

Next step is the total meltdown by Christmas. 

Why would they think former Aston Villa right back Alan Hutton has any kind of inside scoop on the future of a Colombian currently playing for Everton? Theres not even a tenuous link.

Next up, Laptop Computers. We get former Leeds defender Tony Dorigo's tips on which models will be hot in 2022.

12 hours ago, Pidge said:

True

Yeah, I know that. But it was only ever going to encourage them to do it more. Gave them an excuse to get riled up about it again.

I'm not sure they needed more excuses tbh.

I remember going to that cup game where they beat us 1 0 and practically the whole ground was singing it.

I thought it was a pretty tame response to years of provocation so fuck em.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I'm not sure they needed more excuses tbh.

I remember going to that cup game where they beat us 1 0 and practically the whole ground was singing it.

I thought it was a pretty tame response to years of provocation so fuck em.

Right. But it didn't fuck them did it? It gave them their favourite thing in the world, something to moan about for over a decade.

59 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Coutinho, Rodriguez and Calvert Lewin would be a pretty good forward line. 

Firstly, it will be Coutinho for Rodriguez,  you'd imagine.

Secondly, they said the same about Kane Son and Bale last summer.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

They have bought Sheedy, Ablett and Beardsley directly from us in the past so would prove them massive hypocrites if their heads fell off over this.

Dave Watson, Alan Harper, David Burrows, Don Hutchison...

• Upvote 1