You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

We need someone to play alongside him. Not necessarily a destroyer but someone to control the game. If only we had an Alonso to come in. Jorginho sounds perfect but I want someone comfortable in possession who plays with his head up dictating the pace of a game. As much as I want someone with Keita’s skill set we need the other just as much.

We need someone to play alongside him. Not necessarily a destroyer but someone to control the game. If only we had an Alonso to come in. Jorginho sounds perfect but I want someone comfortable in possession who plays with his head up dictating the pace of a game. As much as I want someone with Keita’s skill set we need the other just as much.

Wrong thread?

Everton fan's AMAZING gesture for Liverpool supporter battling cancer

A Blues supporter came to the aid of a rival fan after his appeal for tickets

An Everton fan put football rivalry to one side with a heartwarming gesture to an LFC supporter battling cancer.

In a post on Twitter user @LFCynwa04 wrote: “Due to spending most of this year and the end of last year in hospital having chemo, I’ve not been able to go to any of the LFC matches.

“Where I live it’s quite a journey to get to Anfield so I’m looking for two tickets for the @LFC vs Crystal Palace game please help.”

The fan’s tweet was soon generating huge numbers of likes and re-tweets - and help came in an unexpected form from an Everton fan offering his ticket to the Merseyside Derby.

Twitter user @ParkRdGoodison replied: “I’ll tell you what lad.. If you want you can have my ticket for the Derby. I’m a STH in the Park End but if you want it, you can have it. My uncle just died of cancer so I know what you are going thru mate. Just let me know. Ta. Matt.”

It wasn’t long before the LFC fan responded to thank the Everton fan for his kind offer - and although he was not able to accept it, he said he was “overwhelmed by the gesture”.

He told the ECHO: “It was a really nice thing for the chap to offer me the ticket.

“I was overwhelmed by the offer, it was extremely nice of him.

"I was so upset that I had to decline the offer, but due to only just finishing chemotherapy my health isn’t very good.

“I lost the ability to walk for about a year and I’m only now getting movement back.

He added: “I can walk short distances but to travel from where I am to Liverpool would prove to much unfortunately.

“It’s almost 6 hour car journey there, I just wouldn’t be able to make it there.”

But after contacting the club the Liverpool fan hopes he will be able to get to the match - with some help from LFC.

He posted on Twitter: “The offer is absolutely incredible and I am genuinely touched by your generosity.

“I have had Peter Moore, the CEO, contact me in regards to me getting two tickets for the away game against Palace, nothing confirmed but he’s going to try."

• Upvote 10

The thing that always amazes me about Evertonians is that they have an ability to forget any bollocks they have been spouting only days before & just shed it like a snake's skin & move on to some other cobblers. It's like they have a Men In Black pen each.

My barber is a nice enough guy other than when football raises its ugly head.  Barely got the cape on yesterday before I get ' Salah & Firmino are both gone at the end of the season , lad '. 

I asked why anybody would want Salah as Barber Boy had insisted last summer that we had been had-off by Roma and even Mourinho knew he was shit. Like a Terminator he barely flinched & said ' yeh, it's all sorted lad £300m for the two of them ' So then I tried the ' You said my head was gonna fall off when you were 10 points ahead by last Xmas , what happened to that ? ' We're in transition , lad ' he says. ' You've been in transition since Joe Royle left ' I offered. ' Just watch next year when you have no Salah & Firmino and our lads have settled in , Tosun for top scorer will be a good bet for next season '. I just gave up at that point.

• Upvote 5

The thing that always amazes me about Evertonians is that they have an ability to forget any bollocks they have been spouting only days before & just shed it like a snake's skin & move on to some other cobblers. It's like they have a Men In Black pen each.

My barber is a nice enough guy other than when football raises its ugly head.  Barely got the cape on yesterday before I get ' Salah & Firmino are both gone at the end of the season , lad '. 

I asked why anybody would want Salah as Barber Boy had insisted last summer that we had been had-off by Roma and even Mourinho knew he was shit. Like a Terminator he barely flinched & said ' yeh, it's all sorted lad £300m for the two of them ' So then I tried the ' You said my head was gonna fall off when you were 10 points ahead by last Xmas , what happened to that ? ' We're in transition , lad ' he says. ' You've been in transition since Joe Royle left ' I offered. ' Just watch next year when you have no Salah & Firmino and our lads have settled in , Tosun for top scorer will be a good bet for next season '. I just gave up at that point.

Yeah this season was too soon for Tosun.

We are only extending the Anfield Road end because we are scared that Everton will end up with a bigger stadium.

Yep. That stadium they can't afford to pay for, the one that no one has seen any designs for and the one that their CEO said that it won't have much of an increase in capacity when they finally get round to doing it.

*reads rest of post*

Sometimes within the same conversation. Heck, sometimes within the same sentence.

• Upvote 1

My barber is a nice enough guy other than when football raises its ugly head. Barely got the cape on yesterday before I get ' Salah & Firmino are both gone at the end of the season , lad '.

I hope you took him up on the offer for Tosun to be top goalscorer for next season , like taking candy from a baby

Perfect example of this is my old Workbloo going on about how beating Porto 5-0 was not something special because their league is like Scotland.

A few days later he was going on about this Fonseca fella, who has managed in Portugal and the Ukraine and how he's got great champions league experience and he'd be a great choice 

I would get my haircut elsewhere. Well I would if I had any hair left worthy of cutting. No comb over on my head.

I would get my haircut elsewhere. Well I would if I had any hair left worthy of cutting. No comb over on my head.

It's the principle that matters. You're boycotting that barber the same way I'm boycotting jiggerypokery with Gal Gadot because of her views on Palestine.
  • Upvote 1

Fucking hell here come Everton excuses. You’ve already be indoctrinated Dan into their ways. I wonder from it’s inception as concept to now as it approaches reality how many things they’ve taken out? We’ll end up in a 45,000 seater tin shed with a bit more space in between seats.

Go on the new stadium thread on GOT and see pure hilarity. Anyone dare offer a grasp on reality with the facts that they’ll never get anywhere near filling 60k is attacked en masse and labelled a kopite.

They keep adding these 10,000 fans on a season ticket waiting list to the current attendances and will refuse point blank to accept that a lot of these may already be going the game. Add the 10,000 corporate seats / boxes they intend to fill and they’d be better off building Wembley up here.

This massive fan base they claim to have in this city just does not exist. I’ve got grown up kids now and everyone of them have said there’s never been more than 5 blues in their classes. My lads played for a few footy teams over the last 8 years and 95% of the kids have always worn lfc kits for training. I actually hope they build it cos itll wipe them out

• Upvote 1