You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Go on the new stadium thread on GOT and see pure hilarity. Anyone dare offer a grasp on reality with the facts that they’ll never get anywhere near filling 60k is attacked en masse and labelled a kopite.

They keep adding these 10,000 fans on a season ticket waiting list to the current attendances and will refuse point blank to accept that a lot of these may already be going the game. Add the 10,000 corporate seats / boxes they intend to fill and they’d be better off building Wembley up here.

This massive fan base they claim to have in this city just does not exist. I’ve got grown up kids now and everyone of them have said there’s never been more than 5 blues in their classes. My lads played for a few footy teams over the last 8 years and 95% of the kids have always worn lfc kits for training. I actually hope they build it cos itll wipe them out

I am very much in the 'it won't get built' camp anyway but if it does i could see them getting 50,000 plus (if it holds that many) relatively easily.

It might mean a lot of 'kids for a fiver' etc type stuff but they would IMO get 50,000 plus.

Look at other clubs who have moved down the years

Southampton went from 16,000 at The Dell to nigh on double at new ground.

Sunderland went up to over 40,000 after moving from Roker Park.

Leicester added 10,000 plus when moved.

West Ham are getting 50,000 plus.

I can't see the bitters struggling to get another 10-15,000 in...especially if they make it affordable/go for the kids.

That Dan Meis is going to disappoint a lot of Evertonians when he finally gets round to submitting a design. They are all expecting it to be on a par with the liver buildings as an icon and to be the best stadium in the world. That means better than Anfield to any Evertonian. Wait til they up with something like the king power stadium.

I also don't think it will be built, but what's the point of making it a 40 thousand odd seater?

The price hike in tickets needed to pay for it will see their attendances fall, plus that won't give them enough corporate seats to make money either.

But build it bigger ,can they attract the number of corporates to make it profitable, or fill the normal seats? As an tha says, you can quite easily fill a stadium, the trick is to fill it and make money at the same time. At the moment I don't think Everton are in that position.

Like it or loathe it our new stand is a money making machine, that cost only a fraction of what a whole new stadium costs.

I have a mate who's a Scouser who supports arsenal .He supported Everton til he was 9 and then his hatred of Liverpool meant that he changed to arsenal when they pipped us to the league in 89.

Rang me other month as his 8 year old has decided arsenal and Everton are shit so he supports us.

• Upvote 2

I have a mate who's a Scouser who supports arsenal .He supported Everton til he was 9 and then his hatred of Liverpool meant that he changed to arsenal when they pipped us to the league in 89.

Rang me other month as his 8 year old has decided arsenal and Everton are shit so he supports us.

You would have posted this sooner, but you've spent the last couple of months laughing.

Funny thing is I'm from Leigh. Yeah I know that's funny but went on his stag do to Krakow and put a Liverpool shirt on before we went out as a joke. Wouldn't go boozing in a football shirt but his blue brother in law went so mad I thought we'd end up fighting before I could say it was a joke. In fact he kicked off so much I was tempted go out wearing it anyway

Koeman on Van Dijk.

"He's now the captain of Holland for a reason..Virgil is a top player & leader..I wanted him at Everton but after a quick call he told me he wanted to join a big club..He made the right decision joining the giant that is Liverpool."

That's top class trolling right there

Love the way Evertonians have nicknames for virtually all our players. Reading the fume about that Tony Evans book on Twitter and then some of them now hating our players. Captain Scarlet is Alan Hansen apparently. Deidre is Klopp, Smackhead is Fowler, Jaws is Suarez and DJ TWATTING KNOBHEAD is Gerrard.

Love the way Evertonians have nicknames for virtually all our players. Reading the fume about that Tony Evans book on Twitter and then some of them now hating our players. Captain Scarlet is Alan Hansen apparently. Deidre is Klopp, Smackhead is Fowler, Jaws is Suarez and DJ TWATTING KNOBHEAD is Gerrard.

I was a little unclear about that last one.

What's their nickname for Big dunc?

No idea who this guy is but he's been retweeted a few times.

Paul Traynor

@PaulPaul49

Joe Anderson# current fixation of borrowing on behalf of EFC for a new stadium is not only meeting increasing opposition; but the build cost has already rocketed up by 66% in just twelve months. The rumour, too, is that the current CEO of EFC – may be on his way out of the club