You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Latest 13" MacBook Pro £849.15 (£781 after cashback)

I've just ordered my first Macbook. Couldn't resist at this price for the latest model:

61Te9hFj-hL._AA1024_.jpg

51-eY8Ua4qL._AA1024_.jpg

Apple - New Apple 13" MacBook Pro - Intel Core i5, 320GB, 4GB Memory - MC700B/A - Best Buy UK

Use COMP15 for 15% off to get the price down to £849.15.

Go via Quidco (cashback website) to get another 8% off, to get the price down to around £781 (not guaranteed of course).

Guest Numero Veinticinco

For me, they're pretty un-obstructive. When I started using Macs, Windows was such a dog that you were fighting it most of the time. It's a bit better now, although the whole virus protection and maintenance seems to still be a bit of an issue for some.

Apple stuff, in general, has pretty nice design and build quality; solid aluminium frame; glass fronted screen; great fit and finish etc. The operating system is really good and the applications you get for it are, in my opinion, better than those you get on the Windows side.

All in all though, they both just act as a device to do stuff on.

For those of the mac fraternity, just what makes them stand out so much in comparison to pc's?

They are simple to use and they work. They also last a long time, my little white Macbook is from 2007, I think. I'm getting the latest version of Macbook Air now to replace it after lots of use and abuse. I expect to use the new one at least as long. This one goes to my 8 year old daughter. The real test starts now...