You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Its stupid though, nobodies on an internet forum telling a football club how to conduct transfers!!

Every club has transfers that drag, look at Chelsea with Modric, Barca with Sanchez, even Young to Utd took ages considering it was said to be a done deal for months. And every club has players they miss out on. Why it has to be a crisis I dont know.

The times says we matched their bid and he prefers City so he obviously doesnt want us that much.

Modric and Sanchez are different though, they are players under contract in teams that do not want to sell, certainly with regards Modric and Sanchez is a big deal which by and large are drawn out affairs.

But as I say, my only criticism of the Clichy transfer is that we matched the bid when City agreed 7 million, but we knew 7 million was the bid two weeks ago because Roma were given permission to speak to him with that bid. That inertia for whatever reason, and it might be legit, has meant he will now move to City.

But the club are perfectly correct in not paying those wages to him, there is just a nagging doubt that with a little bit of speed we may not have had to.

What i don't understand is that people get paid to find players at a good price but yet all they can do is identify the same players and thus they are not at a good price. Why are these people even paid to find the obvious players that we all know about? Show me a man that can find the real talented players. I am sure they are out there. Is Comolli one of them? I would be happier if i heard us being linked with a player i barely know for a lower price that has promise than the English players we are being linked with for stupid money. Add a marque signing to appease the fans and we are laughing if the other players turn out well.

Spot on.

I am delighted we got Suarez and Carroll but I won't be giving Comolli too much kudos for these deals as absolutely everybody recognised their obvious talent. I intend to judge his performance based on the number of unknown talents / rough diamonds that he brings to the club. In fairness to Damien he contributed to players like Bale, Modric, Berbatov & Taarabt joining Spurs and Toure, Clichy & Eboue joining Arsenal for a relative pittance.

If we are going to make huge strides in a short space of time we need to be more successful with transfers in the £5-10m range. For example, what a difference a couple of players like Hernandez or Tiote would have made to our squad this season instead of Poulsen and Cole / Jovanovic?

We currently have no natural Left Back worth a shirt so surely there must be numerous players around Europe that could improve us significantly in this department? The same applies to our left wing. Clearly Enrique, Clichy and Downing are not the only options out there so its up to Damien and Kenny to find the best available players within our budget. We don't necessarily need a cast of world beaters - solid additions in a number of key positions would vastly improve our squad. A few natural left footers would surely improve our balance and width.

At least we are doing our business in private which gives us the best chance of avoiding a transfer auction for our targets. It is only a matter of time before we start signing players as Kenny will be desperate to improve us. The only question is how far they can take us? Sometimes you just need a little faith!

BLACKPOOL skipper Charlie Adam will be punching his weight when the new season starts – whether it is with the Seasiders or back in the Premier League with Liverpool.

Adam has enlisted the aid of English light-middleweight champion Brian Rose, who has put him through a rigorous training regime that includes lacing up the boxing gloves to work on the pads.

The sessions also include circuit training and work to boost upper-body power.

Though Adam freely talked about his boxing-style fitness work over the past two weeks in the FX Leisure gym in Poulton, he kept his guard up about that much talked-about move to Liverpool.

Adam said: “I go back to Blackpool on Monday and that’s the way it is.

“Everybody knows the situation – the club have met with Liverpool but that’s as far as it has gone.

“I had a conversation with the chairman (Karl Oyston) but that will remain private.

“It’s important that we keep everything in-house – whatever happens will happen.”

Adam is determined to be in excellent physical shape for the new season and Rose, due to defend his English title in October, says he has found a willing ‘pupil’.

“Charlie enjoys boxing and obviously that is good for your upper body strength and it’s a brilliant way to get fit as well,” Rose said. “It’s a different kind of fitness, to running round a pitch and kicking a ball. Charlie wanted to mix his training up.”

Blackpool Gazette

Google translation

"He does not let this become the soap opera of the summer." Corentin Martins guard obviously a bad memory of the 2010 offseason, when Nolan Roux, emerging from one year to 15 goals in Ligue 2, already aroused the envy . Yesterday, the sporting director Stade Brest repeated what he already said for weeks: if a club is 8 million euros on the table, striker Finistere will not be retained. "But it is also necessary that the player is agree, and he wants to go " , said Martins.

To date, several clubs have been informed, and some have even sent an offer to the Stade Brest. "But they were below the release clause" , says Corentin Martins. And they have no chance of success: knowing Lens recover half, Brest was adamant.

Review Nolan Roux trample lawns Ligue 1 Brest under the shirt is not totally fanciful. Eight million is a lot for a French club, and it is not clear that the former Lensois take the risk of being on the bench in Germany or England. Asked about the issue after jogging in Stangalard, Roux has also responded simply : "What I want is to play football, regardless of the destinations. "

Finistere striker has obviously not everything. The alleged contacts with Schalke, Liverpool or Marseille ? "I was on vacation, I took it in the papers. " The proposal of Brest, which provides an additional two years (currently, Roux is linked with the club until 2013 Breton) and a salary increase? "I do not know, I have not read that black on white. " This has quickly denied Martins: "He has not told the truth, the sports director smiled. He was offered two years of contract and more. And we did it directly, without going through his agent ... "

Clearly, even if it has "nothing against to stay" , Nolan Roux is in no hurry to re-sign, and remains open to all. "I am waiting ... " said he. "The sooner we know, the better", for its part supports Corentin Martins, who would like to get things done quickly ...

Liverpool are the latest club to be linked to Caen rising star M'baye Niang and are reported to have made an initial enquiry to the French club.

Skysports.com understands that Tottenham made a bid for the 16-year-old sensation in the closing days of June after watching the striker burst onto the scene at the end of last season.

Caen chairman Jean-Francois Fortin has not received any official offer, but it has been reported in France that Liverpool have checked on the substance of Tottenham's approach.

Liverpool's principal owner, John W Henry, has made it clear that the club's priority is to invest in youth in the transfer market, which would open long-term potential and sell-on value.

Caen are thought to want to keep Niang, who scored three goals in seven matches last season, for another year and that could mean that the teenager may return to France on loan if a transfer materialises.

But Fortin is still waiting for an offer, as he told L'Equipe on Friday: "I have had no proposition.

"But if we receive one, we will study it."

Liverpool are the latest club to be linked to Caen rising star M'baye Niang and are reported to have made an initial enquiry to the French club.

Skysports.com understands that Tottenham made a bid for the 16-year-old sensation in the closing days of June after watching the striker burst onto the scene at the end of last season.

Caen chairman Jean-Francois Fortin has not received any official offer, but it has been reported in France that Liverpool have checked on the substance of Tottenham's approach.

Liverpool's principal owner, John W Henry, has made it clear that the club's priority is to invest in youth in the transfer market, which would open long-term potential and sell-on value.

Caen are thought to want to keep Niang, who scored three goals in seven matches last season, for another year and that could mean that the teenager may return to France on loan if a transfer materialises.

But Fortin is still waiting for an offer, as he told L'Equipe on Friday: "I have had no proposition.

"But if we receive one, we will study it."

I've got a good feeling about this one. Definitely M'baye. He's electric.

Liverpool Football Club have confirmed three of the club's young starlets have put pen to paper on new deals.

Adam Morgan, Tyrell Belford and Stephen Sama have all committed their futures to the Reds by signing new contracts.

Striker Morgan, currently on international duty at the U17s World Cup with England, has inked his first professional contract that will keep him at Anfield until June 2014.

Belford is also with the Young Lions in Mexico and the goalkeeper has signed a deal with the Reds that runs until June 2012.

Meanwhile, Sama has put pen to paper on a new extended contract until June 2014.

Got to love people saying how we should negotiate transfers, "we waited too long and City did the deal in 5 seconds" when no one has a clue whats going on. Man City could have been in Clichy's ear for months for all we know.

Do you have any evidence to back up your opinion that this isn't what happened with the Clichy deal?

My opinion comes from the fact that us and Roma have been the only clubs mentioned in relation to Clichy over the last few weeks, and we also know that we put in a bid deemed unacceptable to Arsenal a while ago now. We've procrastinated and City have come in and bought him. City may have been in his ear for months, but then it would have been an open secret.

Would you prefer if we close these forums down? It seems that you don't really have anything to offer other than rubbishing other peoples opinions. Not with evidence or debate, I might add, but with an over blown sense of your own importance.

@OllieHoltMirror Oliver Holt

Hearing that highly-rated MK Dons boss Karl Robinson being considered to fill Sammy Lee's role at Liverpool. Top man who's going places

I would be made up with that, he's a brilliant manager and it's just such an obvious move.

Can't be arsed trawling through all threads to see if this has already been mentioned, but we have extended/written contracts with 3 of the younger players.

Young Reds sign new deals | Evening Echo.

Young Reds sign new deals

7/1/2011 - 7:03:27 PM

Three of Liverpool’s youth team have signed new contracts with the club.

Highly-rated striker Adam Morgan, currently on international duty at the Under-17 World Cup with England, has been given his first professional contract, keeping him at Anfield until June 2014.

Fellow international team-mate Tyrell Belford, a goalkeeper, has signed a deal that runs until June 2012.

Stephen Sama has also extended his contract until June 2014.

Do you have any evidence to back up your opinion that this isn't what happened with the Clichy deal?

My opinion comes from the fact that us and Roma have been the only clubs mentioned in relation to Clichy over the last few weeks, and we also know that we put in a bid deemed unacceptable to Arsenal a while ago now. We've procrastinated and City have come in and bought him. City may have been in his ear for months, but then it would have been an open secret.

Would you prefer if we close these forums down? It seems that you don't really have anything to offer other than rubbishing other peoples opinions. Not with evidence or debate, I might add, but with an over blown sense of your own importance.

Equally though, you can't go around speaking as if what you say is fact. Like if we'd made a proper bid before City, that he'd be a Liverpool player by now. It's simply not true.

I also find this hilarious ... "My opinion comes from the fact that us and Roma have been the only clubs mentioned in relation to Clichy over the last few weeks" ... as if that means anything at all.

@barcastuff barcastuff

Jose Enrique (Newcastle): "spain is my home ground. If Barcelona or Real Madrid would want me, I go there straight away." [golt via md]

@barcastuff barcastuff

Jose Enrique (Newcastle): "I love how Barcelona are playing. Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo? I prefer Messi over Ronaldo." [golt via md]

I'm really unsure of the £16mill transfer of Henderson. That's a shit ton of money for a good young player (but no superstar) playing in a position we have pretty good cover for already.

What should be 1st priority though is to sign two GOOD creative, pacey wingers. That's what we really need.

Add a good defender and a striker and I'll be fucking ecstatic.