You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Well if thats the case I really hope we tell them to stick it! A player doesn't become more valuable just because the Chairman wants a bigger cut of the money, he's worth what he's worth and thats that. Why should we compensate them for their own failings with a contract they made with Rangers!!! It has nothing to do with us.

too much american language in this place......please yanks if you must muscle in on other nations sports forums, try to speak the damn lingo and stop using your hollywood/harlem crap...its boring. When in rome children.........

The fuck is this little bitch whining about?

I'm a bust his motherfucking dome open, f'real.

how novel...it can read....the writing needs a little work, but one step at a time and all that.....rome was certainly not built in a day

I fucking love it when thick cunts try and act all clever.

It's hilarious fun. Keep it up.

But why do you use Rome in so many of your posts?

"When in Rome"

"Rome wasn't built in a day"

Try using some other geographically-based aphorisms.

Suarez's mates

CA2011.com - The Official Website of the Copa América 2011

Who in there can do a job for us? Or is potential to be world class?

Just seen that, what the fuck is up with Fucile? Anyone watch Portuguese footie and know what's wrong with him? Gutted.

Can't remember much of Cáceres but I think he was a decent player. Lugano is class too but 30.

edit : Lodeiro and Godin too, as far as I remember.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Guest Numero Veinticinco
At Football dumbass.

Right, you do realise they play entirely different roles, don't you.

Adam is a Liverpool player. Deal with it.

Why would I need to deal with anything? I've said that Adam has a lot of qualities. Maybe you need to read what I actually write before you attempt to make banal puns on my name.

They must really have rated henderson as they arent being pushed around on price with adam etc....maybe kenny sees things in jordan that we cant..;....curious cos everyone was panicking after hendo over us paying big fees....which we have....yet we seem to have set limits on other targets

Arsenal are ready to make a shock £20million move for Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing

The fact Liverpool have not, as yet, completed the recruitment of the England international has prompted the Gunners’ interest.

Manager Arsene Wenger seems resigned to losing star midfielder Samir Nasri and plans to waste no time bringing in a big-name replacement.

Downing, 26, may not be the first choice among many Arsenal fans but Wenger is determined to sign a proven Premier League player who will fit straight into his starting line-up.

Wenger is desperate to end a six-year spell without a trophy and looks to be going against his policy of bringing through the best young talent.

The potential arrival of Downing, and an experienced centre-back like Gary Cahill or Chris Samba, would mark a shift in recruitment policy which fans will welcome. Downing could provide the ammunition for another summer target Gervinho, who looks set to complete his move to Arsenal.

The England winger seems determined to leave Aston Villa as he wants to join a club challenging for silverware next season.

Although Arsenal still have a Champions League qualifier to face, Downing is desperate to play in Europe’s biggest club competition.

And with the European Championships taking place next summer, Downing knows his chances of cementing his place in the England side will improve if he is playing regular first-team football with Arsenal.

Downing has a wealth of top-flight experience and Wenger is convinced he can make him an even better player if he joins the north London club.

Villa boss Alex McLeish has already seen Ashley Young join Manchester United this summer and will be reluctant to see another big name leave.

But if Downing has got his heart set on joining a top club, McLeish will find it hard to stop him leaving for the Emirates.

Wenger hopes a deal can be finalised before the team jets off on their pre-season tour of Asia next week. And resolving the futures of Cesc Fabregas and Nasri is critical for Wenger.

Barcelona remain in pole position to land Fabregas but the clubs have still not agreed a fee. Barca asked for time to review their offer after tabling a £27m bid but have still not substantially increased the amount.

Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has flown to Argentina to tie up the deal for Udinese winger Alexis Sanchez, who is playing for Chile in the Copa America.

Rosell returns to Spain on Tuesday, when he expects to announce that deals for both Sanchez and Fabregas have been completed.

Read more: Arsenal transfer news: Stewart Downing a £20million target for Arsenal as Liverpool have not yet completed his signing - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is hot on the trail of Barcelona strike star Bojan Krkic.

But the Tottenham chief has *competition from the Premier League and Europe – with Liverpool and Roma keeping tabs on the £14million-rated Nou Camp youngster.

Read more: Tottenham Hotspur transfer news: Bojan Krkic targeted but competition from Liverpool and Roma - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk