You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

If he wants to go there sod him, this is just both blackpool and the mancs acting like tw@ts. So no change there then.

What if he sees us haggling over £2m and the owner says he is not going to accept the Liverpool price on offer and is instead happy for him to play in the Championship for them? Should he accept this, or take his chance to play for a huge club who are also league champions?

I think if we take a "sod him" attitude on situations like this, instead of fighting for a player, then, given our very recent history and what we have to offer compared to the likes of Man Utd, we may be destined to remain also-rans.

This idea that a player should be willing to sit tight and risk getting stuck at a Championship club, therefore risking his career just because we are interested is crazy.

Is dallying in the transfer market going to continue to be one of our main reasons for missing out on 1st choice players and a continued failure to challenge teh top teams bar the odd occasion? Hope not.

What if he sees us haggling over £2m and the owner says he is not going to accept the Liverpool price on offer and is instead happy for him to play in the Championship for them? Should he accept this, or take his chance to play for a huge club who are also league champions?

I think if we take a "sod him" attitude on situations like this, instead of fighting for a player, then, given our very recent history and what we have to offer compared to the likes of Man Utd, we may be destined to remain also-rans.

This idea that a player should be willing to sit tight and risk getting stuck at a Championship club, therefore risking his career just because we are interested is crazy.

Is dallying in the transfer market going to continue to be one of our main reasons for missing out on 1st choice players and a continued failure to challenge teh top teams bar the odd occasion? Hope not.

We aren't really sure if that's the case. I assume the people running the club have a value of what they think a player is worth. If they are deliberately lowballing that value and then sitting tight then it's asking for trouble. Sooner or later someone else will come in and gazump you. We don't have Champions League football to make that strategy work.

I'm not advocating paying over the odds. But with certain players, to get the deal done, you will have to go in with a tempting bid, not hope the player forces the issue. I'm not concerned about missing out on Adam. But for other top quality players we need to be decisive and close deals quickly

Blackpool_BFC Blackpool FC News

A 'Second' Club has come in for Charlie Adam

MANCHESTER UNITED is the second club that have come in for Blackpols Charlie Adam. Let the bidding war begin...

Manchester United are in for Charlie Adam

same page had him as completed the deal to sign for us last week,bet if he did become a scummer though the same cunts moaning about us being in for him having barely seen him play will be saying we should've signed him

same page had him as completed the deal to sign for us last week,bet if he did become a scummer though the same cunts moaning about us being in for him having barely seen him play will be saying we should've signed him

I don't think it did. I seem to remember them saying it was close as long as we matched what they wanted. I could be wrong though so feel free to show me as such.

I don't think it did. I seem to remember them saying it was close as long as we matched what they wanted. I could be wrong though so feel free to show me as such.

okay my mistake just had a look and it said last sunday it should be completed monday thought it was that twitterer or whatever they're called who said it was done although I looked on a Blackpool forum and the view on that Twitter page generally seemed like they all thought it was full of bullshit

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Who in the Premier League would you rather buy for around the £8m mark?

Why in the Premier League?

a young, scottish, 6ft midfielder. I know nothing else about him. Someone enlighten us?

He’s brilliant unless the Mancs come in for him.

Very good technically, scored a few goals last year. Looks a good player but still very raw like Shelvey.

Can play CM or on the left in midfield.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Tried and tested

Like Robbie Keane, Jermaine Pennant, Craig Bellamy, that sort of tried and tested. Xabi Alonso cost 10.5m. Not that we should have got him, not having been tried or tested and all. We probably should have left Reina were he was and got back Kirkland. Good tried and tested English lad that he is. Do I really need to go on?

Who in the Premier League would you rather buy for around the £8m mark?

First of all I wouldn't limit myself to the stupidly inflated transfer prices in thr Premiership. Secondly, i wouldn't waste my time or money buying a central midfielder having just signed Henderson.

Like Robbie Keane, Jermaine Pennant, Craig Bellamy, that sort of tried and tested. Xabi Alonso cost 10.5m. Not that we should have got him, not having been tried or tested and all. We probably should have left Reina were he was and got back Kirkland. Good tried and tested English lad that he is. Do I really need to go on?

Good point well made

Maybe tweet names such as Reina and Alonso to JWH along with how much we bought them for and in Xabi's case sold for. Perfect fit for his moneyball concept is Xabi. Bought for 10m sold at huge profit. Pennant, bought for 8m sold at a huge loss. Keane, sold at a huge loss