You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Hangover Thread

Paulie Dangerously

Had to go to a stupid fancy dress party last night, luckily a mate had made some kind of cider punch do we just stood in the kitchen all night drinking that and a bottle of rum.

Went to go to play the unmentionable this morning and opened the car door into my own face.

At that point unrealised I probably wasn't safe to drive and would have been as much use as M*ri* B* lote*li.

Went back inside, had a can of stowford press and went back to bed.

I'm fuckin hanging.

image.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hangover is too strong a word, but I was feeling a little jaded this morning after a couple of beers in town yesterday afternoon, a couple more here during the match and then some prosecco and red wine.

So, I had a couple of brews this morning then made bacon butties for ten (we had friends staying over). Followed that with a long walk on Crosby beach and lunch at Albina where a spicy Bloody Mary was just the ticket and a glass of Riesling a nice follow up.

Now settled down to watch the match again back home with a strong gin and tonic. The hangover is long gone; now I just want a nice power nap on the sofa to complete the recovery.

• 1 month later...

Microwave rice is the best invention ever, one minute, sorted. And it doesn't end up going everywhere like the boiled stuff.

I haven't got a microwave (getting one soon, but it's not something I'm that bothered about), and prefer just cooking it anyway really. Curry has now been eaten too, they have to be one of the world's best hangover foods. Hangover seems to be passing now.

Guest Pistonbroke

Drank through until 6 am and then fell into bed. The missus and my mates wife got up at 9 and were chatting whilst setting the breakfast table (the main front room is next to our bedroom) and woke me up. I was feeling rough as fuck but needed a piss so just got dressed, made my way to the bathroom to get washed etc and then sat at the breakfast table and cracked open a beer, just carried on the motion and suffer the main hangover tomorrow.