You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Hangover Thread

Paulie Dangerously

Hanging. Had to go to Court in Leicester first thing this morning. Missed my train as the guard closed the doors a minute before it left when I was literally 10 yards away. Somehow got through it, hair of the dog on the way back and feel like death now. Going to a  weekend-long legakl convention in Oxford in 2 hours. This will be fucking grim.

Dear God x

Hanging. Had to go to Court in Leicester first thing this morning. Missed my train as the guard closed the doors a minute before it left when I was literally 10 yards away. Somehow got through it, hair of the dog on the way back and feel like death now. Going to a weekend-long legakl convention in Oxford in 2 hours. This will be fucking grim.

Ha, fur flying and teeth gnashing everywhere seems less of a thing now.

Guest Pistonbroke

My first day back on the booze today after 5 weeks off it, tomorrow might be a bad day, although normally my hangovers aren't that bad. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm feeling rather shit at the moment after supping a whole bottle of JB yesterday/early hours. 

Roof of my moth is hurting due to a hot cheese situation. Missus said I did my usual trick of tactically trying to get into bed being as quiet as possible without turning the light on, only to achieve the exact opposite by tripping over the hoover (which will explain the pain in my left knee) and making a racket. 

Mother in law has just turned up which is adding salt to a very deep wound. This is going to be one shit day.

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm laying off the booze for a while. Was my first weekend off in as long as I can remember and feel pretty good about myself

Think I'll lay off it for another 5 weeks after yesterdays efforts. 

3rd one in a row and feel dog altogether.

Just the 3 domestic rows so far today.

Fuck this right into the bin, I'm either not drinking for a year* or going out drinking within the hour.

* Week. Tops.

Guest Pistonbroke

3rd one in a row and feel dog altogether.

Just the 3 domestic rows so far today.

Fuck this right into the bin, I'm either not drinking for a year* or going out drinking within the hour.

* Week. Tops.

I have the willpower of zero, just nipped to the corner shop near our house and paid over the odds for a bottle of Jim Beam...fuck it, I need to get back on that bike. 

I have the willpower of zero, just nipped to the corner shop near our house and paid over the odds for a bottle of Jim Beam...fuck it, I need to get back on that bike.

I'm done mate. An intolerant, narky cunt at the best of times, I could have a row in an empty room in this form so back to exercise and sensible living tomorrow. Until Thursday night, hopefully.

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm done mate. An intolerant, narky cunt at the best of times, I could have a row in an empty room in this form so back to exercise and sensible living tomorrow. Until Thursday night, hopefully.

I bought some of that low Carb bread as I'm drastically reducing the amount of carbs in my diet, it tastes like fucking shit. I'm going to have to grit my teeth and forget about the pain and get out on my daily 16km bike rides starting from tomorrow, it's gonna kill me. 

Swerved boozing for the last few weeks and have never felt better. Was going out and getting hammered once on a Friday or Saturday and it was taking me days to recover form the depression and brain fog it was giving me. Haven't drank for about three weeks and feel like I've woke up from a nightmare. Sounds dramatic but I was drinking on a weekend then not getting back to normal for days later. It wasn't until I have broke the habit that I've realised how much it influences my general mood. I feel an overall general sense of wellbeing that I haven't felt for ages.

Don't mean to rub it on the hangover thread but just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience?

• Upvote 1

I bought some of that low Carb bread as I'm drastically reducing the amount of carbs in my diet, it tastes like fucking shit. I'm going to have to grit my teeth and forget about the pain and get out on my daily 16km bike rides starting from tomorrow, it's gonna kill me.

10 miles is not to be sniffed at, especially outside with varying conditions/intensities to factor in, fair play. I've got an exercise bike at home and about six years ago now was doing 10 miles each morning before work on an interval setting I found appropriately difficult.

Have recently got back into using the bike when able and in one for the signs of getting older thread, the fitness drop-off is depressing...nowhere near the same distance in me.

Good thing of course is how quickly you make gains from such a low base and the motivation that gives you, so always a silver lining. Keep on keeping on mate, ta for your post in the other thread last night - fingers crossed you see the benefits of your treatment in the fullness of time.

Swerved boozing for the last few weeks and have never felt better. Was going out and getting hammered once on a Friday or Saturday and it was taking me days to recover form the depression and brain fog it was giving me. Haven't drank for about three weeks and feel like I've woke up from a nightmare. Sounds dramatic but I was drinking on a weekend then not getting back to normal for days later. It wasn't until I have broke the habit that I've realised how much it influences my general mood. I feel an overall general sense of wellbeing that I haven't felt for ages.

Don't mean to rub it on the hangover thread but just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience?

Yeh

Alcohol is a depressant no doubt, Days of feeling anxious and general malaise especially as you get older after a heavy night

Watched the National with bunch of mates yesterday and just carried on until midnight. Feel shit today and will be about Wednesday before I feel 100 percent, Still do it though , Beer is nice