You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Hangover Thread

Paulie Dangerously

Wow. If it's any consolation the hangovers reduce as you get older imo - to be replaced by knackerdness. You just want to sleep - but at least that easier to deal with than a massively bad head

Yep.

Also I find a pint of water helps.

Pace is important, ploughing into a shedload of pints in a short time is suicide.

Wow. If it's any consolation the hangovers reduce as you get older imo - to be replaced by knackerdness. You just want to sleep - but at least that easier to deal with than a massively bad head

This.

But then if I don't have work the next day I always wake up before 8 o'clock which is an absolute cunt.

Today is going to be a struggle.

Someone just quoted Stig's picture of his 'breakfast' on the other thread, which hasn't helped.

I'm tempted to stick my shirt and tie on the cat and send that cunt into the office, see how he likes working for a living.

3c04908cc3782096de67a2392c24d57a.jpg

• Upvote 3

Today is going to be a struggle.Someone just quoted Stig's picture of his 'breakfast' on the other thread, which hasn't helped.I'm tempted to stick my shirt and tie on the cat and send that cunt into the office, see how he likes working for a living.Posted Image

Hahaha!

Do it. Tell you what since Stringy posted that about just being tired as you get older, ive not had one. I only had a few thursday night but normally enough to be hanging friday. Nope felt fine. We drove down to her parents in kent and loads of cider and red wine later i was pissed. Woke up slightly hungover but capable to be out of bed by 9, dogs walked and then a bike ride pub crawl in the country. Bbq and more cider and rum saturday night and yesterday I was just tired. Not hungover at all. In bed by half 8 last night and I feel fine today.

I've discoverd when you have young kids you feel rank anyway due to lack of sleep. So if you booze on top you just feel more rank but its still fairly normal because rank has become the norm.

I've got used to feeling perennially rank whether i booze or not.

What you're saying is that being a parent drives you drink, right.

Why is boozing the only thing you get worse at, the more experienced you are at it?

Used to be able to sup all day no problem, now 7/8 pints and the next morning feel like shite and can't remember fuck all about the night before.

My wife is visiting her family next weekend and a few of the lads in work want to do an all dayer on the Friday (we have scheduled a training day that will last until 1pm max). I phoned my ma last night to see if she can have the kids on Friday night so I can get trolleyed which to my joy she agreed to. She then said I need to pick the kids up for 7.30am as she's opening her business at 8am that morning.

My plans for a 4am finish with no spouse to piss off as I crash through the door have dwindled with the realisation I'll have two kids aged 3 and 1 to myself all Saturday from 7.30. I suppose it will be a couple of beers, home by 9 with a chippy. The hangover is too much to contemplate.

My wife is visiting her family next weekend and a few of the lads in work want to do an all dayer on the Friday (we have scheduled a training day that will last until 1pm max). I phoned my ma last night to see if she can have the kids on Friday night so I can get trolleyed which to my joy she agreed to. She then said I need to pick the kids up for 7.30am as she's opening her business at 8am that morning. My plans for a 4am finish with no spouse to piss off as I crash through the door have dwindled with the realisation I'll have two kids aged 3 and 1 to myself all Saturday from 7.30. I suppose it will be a couple of beers, home by 9 with a chippy. The hangover is too much to contemplate.

You still know it will be a 4 am jobby

My wife is visiting her family next weekend and a few of the lads in work want to do an all dayer on the Friday (we have scheduled a training day that will last until 1pm max). I phoned my ma last night to see if she can have the kids on Friday night so I can get trolleyed which to my joy she agreed to. She then said I need to pick the kids up for 7.30am as she's opening her business at 8am that morning. My plans for a 4am finish with no spouse to piss off as I crash through the door have dwindled with the realisation I'll have two kids aged 3 and 1 to myself all Saturday from 7.30. I suppose it will be a couple of beers, home by 9 with a chippy. The hangover is too much to contemplate.

Gay

In bristol after a stag weekend. Currently sat in the disabled bog in the lobby because im too hungover to listen to anyone speak. I genuinely hope we get nuked today just so I can put an end to this fucking hangover.

In bristol after a stag weekend. Currently sat in the disabled bog in the lobby because im too hungover to listen to anyone speak. I genuinely hope we get nuked today just so I can put an end to this fucking hangover.

I thought it was a hen do from the pics on FB.

Was at a works conference last weekend which finished with a free bar at a hotel, drinking from seven to about half two, don't remember getting back to my room, woke up fully clothed on the bed but I did remember my pint of water before bed so was up at nine, fresh as a daisy, had a beroca and done my two hour drive home.

At 39 my hangover days are behind me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at work & I'm fucking steaming, just me in the office, thank fuck.

Went to a gig last night & lost the plot a bit, brandy is an awful thing.

I might go and tell the hot bird about my prog rock collection at the coffee machine.

• Upvote 2