You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

More twitter rumours

WaltonRed

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got told by a source I believed to be true about Huang and I got buzzed off but i hold my hand up about it.

I'll not believe another word the person tells me.

I wouldn't sweat it mate, yer were hardly giving it the oldham stance, just giving some info in good faith. Anyone who took the piss is out of order - unless it was just a bit of wind up. What AP is saying is slightly more than just the Huang rumour, which he rightly or wrongly asserts Andy and the times have lost any credibility with him. Fair enough, but in the pick of the journo's, for me, Tony Barrett will always be the one I have most respect for, and who's articles I'll try to read - down to both his style and content.

Wow. I've been negged for my comment for "defending" Heaton. The names I've had said to me about Heaton by a few are the ones usually reserved for the likes of McKenzie so he must have done some horrific things to a few on here. Either that or there are a few precious ones on here. Who knows, but I'd love to see the reasons why a few on here clearly despise him.

All those that want to know can just follow real red and UEM on twitter.

There is definately an angle of anti NESV hidden in a lot of thier tweets or they re-tweet comments that suit thier arguement. Real red does re-tweet the opposite side from time to time, there is also a lot of water waiting to get under that bridge that UEM is not letting through, and a lot of that appears to be about Rafa.

They are perfectly entitled to thier opinions of course, and I believe both to be decent posters, but can see a few different things now, also seeing different stories popping us from time to time, e.g. Tom Hick's Jr supposedly getting an invite to UEM's wedding, how true this is, is far from me to say.

But there is a lot of fallout after the summer and sale of the club. They also tie themselves to Jefferies who has done as much shit stirring as anyone, which adds weight to AP's arguement as Jefferies was a big pusher for the Huang aid. Jefferies has gone quiet since Kenny started tweeting. Funny that, unless he's blocked me.

There is definately an angle of anti NESV hidden in a lot of thier tweets or they re-tweet comments that suit thier arguement. Real red does re-tweet the opposite side from time to time, there is also a lot of water waiting to get under that bridge that UEM is not letting through, and a lot of that appears to be about Rafa.

They are perfectly entitled to thier opinions of course, and I believe both to be decent posters, but can see a few different things now, also seeing different stories popping us from time to time, e.g. Tom Hick's Jr supposedly getting an invite to UEM's wedding, how true this is, is far from me to say.

But there is a lot of fallout after the summer and sale of the club. They also tie themselves to Jefferies who has done as much shit stirring as anyone, which adds weight to AP's arguement as Jefferies was a big pusher for the Huang aid. Jefferies has gone quiet since Kenny started tweeting. Funny that, unless he's blocked me.

There doesn't seem to be anything there that justifies the total hatred and almost vendetta some people are directing towards Heaton though?

I seem to remember him posting pics of his honeymoon from a good while ago, so when did he invite Hicks jnr to his wedding? Was it at the height of the Yanks out campaign, in which case I will agree it was a stupid thing to do, or was it before we realised just how bad they were, in which case I would suggest it is people using a very emotive subject to twist a knife while ot referring to dates, which is important.

Which is it?

For the record, there are pictures of me with one arm around Hicks Jnr on the steps of Syntagma Square in Athens singing my heart out with a bunch of other reds the day before the CL final. There's also a picture of me shaking Tom Hicks Snrs hand in Liverpool city centre the day of the Chelsea semi. Am I a parasite? Or scum? Are all the other fans who were getting their pictures take scum also?

Finally, how do we know NESV are going to be great? There is nothing as of yet to suggest they are. I am hopeful of course, but as of yet it is just that. Hope. Maybe they won't bother sacking Hodgson as it cost too much and will let us flounder around 10th position for the next 3 seasons while they build a stadium. Maybe we wont see any real money spent in January or the Summer? We don't know yet. We will judge on their actions, not their words. I personally don't think there is anything wrong though is been very wary at the moment.

How do we also know that Huang may not have turned out to be willing to spend the money once he took over? Broughton certainly thinks it was a viable option. I would agree that I'm happier that we didn't get them based on all the gossip. But that's all it was - gossip. And by God the gossip machine works well. We've plenty of recent proof of that.

I should add that I don't know Andy Heaton. I've spoken to him twice I think so I''m not a mate or anything. In fact, we had quite a few arguments when I first started posting here. I just don't get the absolute hatred shown to him by a few.

I don't wish to say something I may regret but UEM came out of this situation looking rather silly. That being said so did 'The Times' newspaper.

That's all well and good and I'd suggest that the newspaper came out looking the silliest. But even if he did back Huang and then so what? Huang didn't get the club so we move on. If Heaton looked daft then fine. He looked daft. I'm talking about comments of him being a "parasite" that I'm surprised at. People hate him. I'm interested why.

RealRed just re-tweets with anyone slagging off Hodgson back and forth for 24 hours.

If thats you're bag, you know where to go.

I'm sure if he doesn't know where to go then he can get directions from you as I assume it's the exact same place you went when yuo were constantly slagging off the last manager. Maybe a wee look at your own actions Ant before you have a pop at others.

Only messsing!

Nah, I'm not really.

Andy Heaton was "forced off here by the likes of me" was some snidy post someone made on here a few months ago. Absolute bollocks. He stopped posting of his own accord, nothing to do with me or anybody else, points excellently made by Agt P and now he has his Twitter brigade to keep feeding and pandering his inflated ego even more.

He has alienated a lot of people, even some that he called friends at one time who won't give him the time of day now. Nobodies fault but his own.

He would have been hurt by NESV buying the club and by all accounts that is showing in his tweets.

Dan, you have your opinion on Andy and you knew him before all this and I am not going to argue with you on that. I don't know the full story but he was always a nice poster I thought.

Anyway I want to ask you something about your stance on The Times newspaper.

Barrett works there and is widely respected by Liverpool fans, same with Tony Evans (although I can see why people don't like Evans). Is it just the newspaper you are critical of or the two journalists as well?

I know Evans' name was on the CHINA BUYS LIVERPOOL article but from what I am aware, he didn't write that, it was written by some bird from the Times Financial and because he is sports editor, he had his name attached.

Is it just that newspaper you hate or the journos as well?

I'm (hopefully) going to study sports journalism, wonder if I will one day have enemies like this...

Yeah but I bet you the twat would have took all the credit for the story if it happened though wouldn't he? Once it turned out it was fantasy all of the blame got placed on the other poor cow Helen whatever her name was.

Evans' cred resembles that of St John's when we moved from Evans to Houllier, a complete 180 degree turnaround based purely on initial sycophancy and subsequently a nose put out of joint. Rafa's agent mention The China Bid in April, also mentioning that Rafa was central to it. There were also numerous hints from Huang and his mouthpieces that he'd bring Rafa back if successful.

The idea that the Times' coverage was based solely on one co-written article is bollocks, it was a campaign and a pretty stupid one too. I'd absolve Tony Barrett from all responsibility for that complete farce.

Andy's last few posts to me were a bit snotty, giving it all of that "it's a nice day go and have a pint/look at me I'm soooooo not bothered" which frankly was fake to the core, but he is an intelligent lad that can argue his corner so the forum lacks something now he's gone.

And any Coens fan is okay by me!

I like both sides in all of this but shit happens and who is right or wrong I do not know.

I never really take sides in anything, so my tuppence is not worth much.

I would say it's only worth about one pence at the moment. Shocking inflation.

There doesn't seem to be anything there that justifies the total hatred and almost vendetta some people are directing towards Heaton though?

Your right there isn't but it did start between sections of posters on here, people saying he was hounded out, John G mentions he was accused of being one the ones who hounded Andy off here.

I know there is some underlying issues between UEM and others on here, and that is fine. I was just pointing out what I have seen.

I seem to remember him posting pics of his honeymoon from a good while ago, so when did he invite Hicks jnr to his wedding? Was it at the height of the Yanks out campaign, in which case I will agree it was a stupid thing to do, or was it before we realised just how bad they were, in which case I would suggest it is people using a very emotive subject to twist a knife while ot referring to dates, which is important.

Which is it?

Fucked if I know mate, just what is being thrown around.

For the record, there are pictures of me with one arm around Hicks Jnr on the steps of Syntagma Square in Athens singing my heart out with a bunch of other reds the day before the CL final. There's also a picture of me shaking Tom Hicks Snrs hand in Liverpool city centre the day of the Chelsea semi. Am I a parasite? Or scum? Are all the other fans who were getting their pictures take scum also?

Damn Right you bastard.

Finally, how do we know NESV are going to be great? There is nothing as of yet to suggest they are. I am hopeful of course, but as of yet it is just that. Hope. Maybe they won't bother sacking Hodgson as it cost too much and will let us flounder around 10th position for the next 3 seasons while they build a stadium. Maybe we wont see any real money spent in January or the Summer? We don't know yet. We will judge on their actions, not their words. I personally don't think there is anything wrong though is been very wary at the moment.

You are right we don't know, but there seems to be a very anti NESV agenda from UEM in a non direct way, and he isn't alone in doing that. It does appear to be because they never sacked Roy straight away, and they weren't Huang, not saying that is the actual case, but it doesn’t come across like that.

How do we also know that Huang may not have turned out to be willing to spend the money once he took over? Broughton certainly thinks it was a viable option. I would agree that I'm happier that we didn't get them based on all the gossip. But that's all it was - gossip. And by God the gossip machine works well. We've plenty of recent proof of that.

Huang didn't have any money to take over though Johnny, it was all a PR led exercise by H&G to point out that they could get a better deal for themselves.

It appears that UEM and others had aligned themselves to Huang, and when he didn't get the club, and it was proved it was a bullshit offer, they never stood back and say 'Do you know what people, we got this wrong', Walton Red held his hands up and said he got it wrong. However others didn't and wont budge in their actions or stubbornness.

The same can be said for a lot of those who said Roy was the right man and will succeed, and now it is clear as day he is not the right man, they will also not budge in their stubbornness.

I should add that I don't know Andy Heaton. I've spoken to him twice I think so I’m not a mate or anything. In fact, we had quite a few arguments when I first started posting here. I just don't get the absolute hatred shown to him by a few.

I don't get it either Johnny, and as I said I don't have any issues with UEM or any other poster bar one or two, but something has gone on, and John G points this out, and it must be something that is not right, however I don't know if this is the right place for people coming out and saying exactly what it is.

All I know is it got nasty at one stage and was played out on a thread on the MF.

It's just another example of the massive divide that has been created in our fan base, that needs putting back together, how possible that is, I am not sure.

It appears that UEM and others had aligned themselves to Huang, and when he didn't get the club, and it was proved it was a bullshit offer, they never stood back and say 'Do you know what people, we got this wrong', Walton Red held his hands up and said he got it wrong. However others didn't and wont budge in their actions or stubbornness.

The same can be said for a lot of those who said Roy was the right man and will succeed, and now it is clear as day he is not the right man, they will also not budge in their stubbornness.

I dont know anything about the whole Andy Heaton/UEM debate, would be interested to know what played out on the MF though just out of curiosity. But I think the point you make is very valid.

Theres alot of people on both sides of the divide that are just dug into their respective trenches refusing to admit anything at all and it hasn't helped things much.

I dont know anything about the whole Andy Heaton/UEM debate, would be interested to know what played out on the MF though just out of curiosity. But I think the point you make is very valid.

Theres alot of people on both sides of the divide that are just dug into their respective trenches refusing to admit anything at all and it hasn't helped things much.

Should have been a bit more specific, it didn't involve UEM but it was part of the saga so to speak it.

It happened on a thread and few posters involved jumped in, I stuck me two pence worth in, it may have been me who said the snidey comment John G mentions, if it was John, I apologise. It wasn't nice to see as that's not what the MF is about. But on here it has subsided, which is good. Just a shame that nobody will let bygones be bygones.

Who is Real red on twitter?

I follow Heaton and RR on twitter and don't find them anti-NESV at all! Just saying like.

However, I actually like a lot of RRs articles. I take them for what they are, which is comment pieces, and I find them interesting. May not alway agree with him, but like them usually.

Anyway, doesn't really concern me, I just found the neg I got to be very odd. Playground stuff in fact.