You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pep Reina is unhappy and demands showdown talks with NESV

EgyptianRed

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what statement can be put in November the 12th except I recently signed a new contract and Im happy to stay. he's not gonna make life uncomfortable for himself and not gonna put the club in a position where they cant negotiate the fee they want as if he says I wanna leave his value will go down

what statement can be put in November the 12th except I recently signed a new contract and Im happy to stay. he's not gonna make life uncomfortable for himself and not gonna put the club in a position where they cant negotiate the fee they want as if he says I wanna leave his value will go down

I agree, hence why the statement will be very vague if there is even a hint of truth in these rumours.

Don't seem to recall Rooney's value plummeting after his statement.

WHatever the statement is it's bad news as it'll mean either Pep's been forced to say he wants to stay when he doesn't or it's a statement saying with regret pepe wants to leave

WHatever the statement is it's bad news as it'll mean either Pep's been forced to say he wants to stay when he doesn't or it's a statement saying with regret pepe wants to leave

Not quite.

He could come out and say I love playing for Liverpool and I am going nowhere. If these romours are just bollocks then it will be easy to stop them dead.

I cant see him say he wanna leave even if he does, he knows his status with the liverpool fans. I can see something like" there's alot of rumours about my future, Im just focused on doing my best for the club and help the club go back to where it belongs. Its not gonna be fully stay or fully leave this time.

He should do a Ronaldo and just say "the future, only gods know"

Guest San Don
I agree, hence why the statement will be very vague if there is even a hint of truth in these rumours.

That's if a statement is put out and GB isnt bullshiting again.

Reina won't be the only one leaving at the end of the season, if Roy still around you put your last dollar on Torres going as well.

Agree totally, Torres wont hang around once his best mate has gone, thats if he hasnt already decided he is going.

I think we will see the height of John Henrys ambition come January, only problem is if Hodgson is still manager.

It just adds further urgency to the need to get rid of Roy. If we got a coah or real status, they would both stay - I'm convinced of it.

As long as we are not in the bottom three, and Gerrard and Carragher support him, I don't see Hodgson going anywhere before the end of the season.

I really hope that this isn't true, loosing out on the best keeper (possibly in the world at the moment) despite the £20mil or so we would gain wud be a huge loss to the squad, this would weaken torres stability an think if reina left that would be the tip of the iceberg for nando to say 'laters'.

Skysports do me fucken head in askin peter schmeichel if he thinks nando will go to united...OF COURSE HE'S GONNA FUCKEN SAY YE TO STIR THE SHITUP, WHY ASK THESE PEOPLES OPIONIONS!!??

I'am more than confident that Pep will still be with us a minimum of 2 more years but if it turns out to be true then we are better than a player who wants out 11-12 games into the season.

As long as we are not in the bottom three, and Gerrard and Carragher support him, I don't see Hodgson going anywhere before the end of the season.

I'd like to think the days of the likes of Purslow running things by the wishes of Carra and gerrard are over.

Torres and Reina are more important long-term than those two.

I can't believe Gerrard and Carragher would put up any kind of fight if roy was ditched, just because they like him personally is irrelevant. Besides, love Carra as I do, he's in no position to be throwing weight around anymore, if that is even what he's doing.

Man, we've got some rebuilding ahead here.

I can't believe Gerrard and Carragher would put up any kind of fight if roy was ditched, just because they like him personally is irrelevant. Besides, love Carra as I do, he's in no position to be throwing weight around anymore, if that is even what he's doing.

Man, we've got some rebuilding ahead here.

I agree with that. Just because Gerrard and Carragher are the players who are publically backing Hodgson, it doesn't mean they'd kick up a fuss if he left. If they did then - this time - they'd be told where the door is if they don't like it, knowing Hodgson has little, if any, fan support. With regards to Hodgson, the results will speak for themselves one way or the other.

Reina: I'm fully committed - Liverpool FC

Pepe Reina today dismissed media reports claiming he has told Roy Hodgson he wants to leave Liverpool.

The Spain international exclusively told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I have seen a newspaper has made this suggestion. It is completely untrue.

"I have not told the manager that I wish to leave in January, or at any other time. It is important our fans know this.

"I have a long-term contract at Liverpool and I am fully committed to the club.

"Our new owner met me and some of the other players last week and I was very happy with what he told me."

Reina, who has played in 18 of the Reds' 21 games this season, added: "The entire squad and staff are working very hard to get us back competing at the top of the table. We will not be distracted by inaccurate media speculation."