You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pep Reina is unhappy and demands showdown talks with NESV

EgyptianRed

Guest San Don
Graham Hunter(I'm not a fan) on Irish radio last night, said the reason Torres and Reina are "allegedly" unsettled is Purslow has gone!

Now there's a turn up for the books!!!

This is the same graham hunter who in 2006 when real madrid were later shown to have approached benitez said he would 'never be considered by Real as their manager as they want someone who'd won league titles and the champions league'?

That graham hunter? I wouldnt believe anything that cunt said even if it was we play in Red.

Edited by San Don
Correcting a typo!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did he actually say the words in that article in the Fail and if so when? They are represented as quotes so there must be some record of Pepe having said this stuff somewhere else. If we continue improving and keep climbing the table we should, all things being equal, here much less of this stuff. What worries me is that lads like Pepe will have the attitude of once bitten twice shy when listening to the clubs management. Where does this leave the club if we get into some kind of brinkmanship in the summer?

What worries me is that lads like Pepe will have the attitude of once bitten twice shy when listening to the clubs management. Where does this leave the club if we get into some kind of brinkmanship in the summer?

And you could hardly blame them if they did. What's to say that NESV will be that much different from G+H? Ok, that's a little harsh, if you look at their track record it's clear they take a different approach. But most of what NESV have said so far has been weighted towards the long-term. Whereas what we need to challenge for the title next season is a substantial investment in the next two transfer windows. Reina may well feel that that's unlikely, and therefore may feel that we won't be in a position to challenge for another 2-3years.

Graham Hunter(I'm not a fan) on Irish radio last night, said the reason Torres and Reina are "allegedly" unsettled is Purslow has gone!

But surely they can see Purslow is the big bad wolf. If Purslow told them that the target was to sell the club to decent owners then they will understand.

Daily Mail quotes = Take with a massive pinch of salt

Time after time quotes like this appear and are later totally denied.

Anyway, does anyone really not believe that this is the case regardless of a newspaper article? They are massive players, World Cup winners, in the peak of their careers, who could play for any club in the world. You'd have to be massively naive to not think that the prospect of another trophyless season will appease them. They would love to stay here, but we need to be winning and competing. They've given us plenty of time and watched the club crumble around them. That's why a recovery leading to CL qualification and a trophy challenge is absolutely vital this season.

Eh? It was Gerrard and Carragher that were close Purslow.

Reina, if anything, was probably sad to see Rafa go - and it was Purslow that sacked him. It's since Hodgson's come in that he's gone from being 100% happy at Liverpool to disilusioned - and it was Purslow that appointed Hodgson.

He's got his wires crossed there.

Eh? It was Gerrard and Carragher that were close Purslow.

Reina, if anything, was probably sad to see Rafa go - and it was Purslow that sacked him. It's since Hodgson's come in that he's gone from being 100% happy at Liverpool to disilusioned - and it was Purslow that appointed Hodgson.

He's got his wires crossed there.

Pepe is disillusioned now is he?

This wouldn't be a case of the media trying to portray our players like Rooney and stir up shit would it? Especially as the shit around Rooney died down pretty sharpish when he signed his new contract, leaving the media totally hung out to dry? Also, it comes off the back of our naughty lot showing up the London media's darlings at the weekend. To my mind it's pretty obvious that the national (London-centric) media have made a concerted effort to put a dampener on anything positive coming out of the club, and sought to over-emphasize the slightest of negatives. That's not me just having a moan or perpetuating the "self pity city" bollocks, but just looking at how and when these stories are timed for release.

Because he wants to stay at the club.

Yeah, sure he does. Am I supposed to believe Reina, a man who frequently went beyond the call of duty by criticising the previous regime and who has been a stalwart for this club since he got here, over credible sources like the Daily Mail?

Yeah, sure he does. Am I supposed to believe Reina, a man who frequently went beyond the call of duty by criticising the previous regime and who has been a stalwart for this club since he got here, over credible sources like the Daily Mail?

The Daily Mail; A Bastion of all that is good.