You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool approach Premier League as potential sale gathers momentum - Telegraph

Liverpool approach Premier League as potential sale gathers momentum

Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton and at least one potential bidder for the club have alerted the Premier League to a possible change of ownership at Anfield.

By Paul Kelso, Chief Sports Reporter

Published: 7:00PM BST 03 Aug 2010

Up for sale: Liverpool may soon change hands again Photo: REUTERS In a further sign that momentum is gathering towards the possible sale of the club this month, Liverpool have opened discussions with the League to ensure that any new owner complies with its ownership rules.

Under new regulations the League requires 10 days' notice of any change of ownership or the appointment of new directors. Any new owners must also meet the Premier League board in person and provide proof that they have the funds to buy the club and sustain it for a full season.

Kenny Huang could lift Liverpool's stock While no buyer has yet entered the 10-day period, it is understood that senior club officials and potential new owners have contacted the League to alert them to a potential change.

Broughton is keen to conclude a deal before the end of the transfer window this month, and his confidence that there will be fresh investment at Anfield is understood to have played a part in Fernando Torres pledging his future to the club on Tuesday.

Broughton has also indicated that there are several potential bidders keen to take over from Americans Tom Hicks and George Gillett, but thus far only Chinese businessman Kenneth Huang has made his intentions explicit.

Huang, the Hong Kong-based chairman of QSJ Sports, initially approached the Royal Bank of Scotland, which has lent around £237 million to the Americans, in an attempt to exploit anxiety about their financial position and force a sale on the club board.

The bank, which initially denied it had had contact with Huang, referred him to Broughton and Barclay Capital, the investment bankers appointed to find new owners.

Huang is hoping to secure the club for no more than £300 million, a valuation that will cover the club's debt but not provide the Americans with the profit they envisaged when they launched their leveraged takeover in 2007.

If Huang is to complete a deal and comply with the Premier League rules he will have to provide the proof of funds so far lacking from explanations of his plans.

As yet his UK advisers have declined to say who is backing Huang's bid, saying only that he has the support of a Far Eastern sovereign wealth fund. The assumption is that the source of his capital is Chinese.

Huang's decision to go public with his bid for the club was an attempt to pressure RBS and Broughton into pressing forward with his offer. While Hicks and Gillett are highly unlikely to approve any deal that does not reflect the value they believe they have added to the club, the other members of the board could overrule them and approve a sale.

As well as Broughton, managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre sit on the board, and together could outvote the Americans

I really, really do not want to be bought by this fella if he's possibly being backed by the Chinese. Being owned by a) a government and b) one with such a bad human rights record, just wouldn't sit right with me.

I have to agree with that. People are so desperate to get rid of Twit & Twat, but they need to stop and take a look at who is replacing them. There needs to be much more disclosure about who he's fronting the bid for.

I don't remember your post but it seems that you were really upset that someone negged you for a taxi driver rumour. I'd get used to that if I were you.

In a rumour thread? As I said if he just said it I'd have thought no more about it but he showed me his phone with pics of him and his family with different Liverpool players in all sorts of different locations and he seemed genuine, seems he was.

As for Hamstrung, frow up and stop hiding behind your reputation button you absolute fuckwitt.

"I'd neg you if I could" would you really? I'd fuckin slap you for using the word neg in a serious sentence if I could...

Ive asked it before but why would our very own Mr British Airways say we would not hear of any deals via the media but then give an interview in the guardian yesterday ?

If it had already been leaked, there's no point staying quiet.

I have to agree with that. People are so desperate to get rid of Twit & Twat, but they need to stop and take a look at who is replacing them. There needs to be much more disclosure about who he's fronting the bid for.

Exactly, mate. The Yanks are poison from a business standpoint and I want them out but if they're just gonna be replaced by a government front man for the Chinese then it's better finacially for us but at the cost of our soul.

I really, really do not want to be bought by this fella if he's possibly being backed by the Chinese. Being owned by a) a government and b) one with such a bad human rights record, just wouldn't sit right with me.

It doesn't count mate theres like 3billion of them, they're more like ants so don't let it bother you non.

Stop buying trainers and shirts and jackets and pretty much everything else mate because guess where they are made.

I share your concern however that if this does not work out positively we will never get rid. They could change our fucking name to Chinapool if they want and still get millions of fans buying shit.

I would like to know who the other bidders are. I really, really want C&A out, but the new ones have to be an improvement, rather than shit with a different odour. This is the time for us to get new, decent owners, and it is very exciting to think that we may well be rid of the parasites, but we need to make sure that the replacements represent an improvement. We were very easily won over by the yanks. So far, nothing has happened apart from a lot of talk.

We don't know for definite who is backing Huang, until we do, it is impossible to pass judgement. I don't believe there are 5 other bids, but even if there is just one other and even if that one doesn't offer fantasy signings and a promise of a new stadium, it doesn't mean we should just believe all the soundbites being sent our way.

This is incredibly exciting, but we need to remain focussed. If we get the wrong ones in now, it is going to be a very steep hill to climb.

New York Red on the song site has just posted this....not sure if he is WUM or not?

It was purely based on a feeling. he seemed to be a lightweight to me but it was pure conjecture. I was wrong.

I have since heard that he definitely has the ability to put together a deal. But here's the bad news. It is all bullsh*t. There is no deal about to happen. Watch the presses tomorrow

I would like to know who the other bidders are. I really, really want C&A out, but the new ones have to be an improvement, rather than shit with a different odour. This is the time for us to get new, decent owners, and it is very exciting to think that we may well be rid of the parasites, but we need to make sure that the replacements represent an improvement. We were very easily won over by the yanks. So far, nothing has happened apart from a lot of talk.

We don't know for definite who is backing Huang, until we do, it is impossible to pass judgement. I don't believe there are 5 other bids, but even if there is just one other and even if that one doesn't offer fantasy signings and a promise of a new stadium, it doesn't mean we should just believe all the soundbites being sent our way.

This is incredibly exciting, but we need to remain focussed. If we get the wrong ones in now, it is going to be a very steep hill to climb.

Aye, that's all true. We get this one wrong and their will be no way back in my opinion.

If this turns out to be true and the two shitburgers walk away from the club with fuck all I will run outside screaming and shag the next Chinese person I see on the street.

Wonder how much cash they have milked off us bet it is millions,so they wont walk away with nothing ,die you cunts

Takeover to make Liverpool wealthiest club in the world

ESPN Soccernet staff

August 3, 2010

Liverpool stand to become the most powerful club in world football if the takeover deal with a Far East Sovereign Wealth fund is completed.

The deal currently being negotiated by Kenny Huang, and his Far East partner has already laid the blueprint to make Liverpool the wealthiest club on the planet.

A Soccernet source has been given an insight into the ambitious plans to launch Liverpool in China, with internet, sponsorship, and promotions aimed to push Liverpool beyond the means of even the richest clubs.

The source describes the plans as taking Liverpool to a scale as yet unseen in English football by tapping into the Chinese markets.

As the Far East group aim to wrest control from American owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks, the source believes US companies from Walmart to Apple could seek to work with Liverpool to make enormous inroads within the Chinese markets. That would eventually enable Liverpool to compete to buy the world's best players in every position.

While it has been suggested that there are alternatives bidders, Hicks and Gillett would like the banks and the Anfield board to push up the price to include cash for the two shareholders, but the hedge fund backing this bid is in no mood to be stampeded into paying more for control.

The Far East Sovereign Wealth fund knows it is offering Liverpool their greatest opportunity to compete on a world stage with the financial big hitters, a chance that might not materialise again.

The new investors from the Far East believe that the shares are not worth more than the debt, and are therefore worthless, and they have no intention of paying Gillett and Hicks the premium price they have been demanding.

The Americans valued Liverpool at £800 million, but have since dropped their valuation to £600 million. The offer on the table, though, is to cover the debts of £350m, notably paying off the Royal Bank of Scotland's near-£240 million debt.

That is where Hicks and Gillett's Achilles heel lies, and the RBS is keen for this deal to proceed.

Takeover to make Liverpool wealthiest club in the world | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

Guest davelfc
New York Red on the song site has just posted this....not sure if he is WUM or not?

It was purely based on a feeling. he seemed to be a lightweight to me but it was pure conjecture. I was wrong.

I have since heard that he definitely has the ability to put together a deal. But here's the bad news. It is all bullsh*t. There is no deal about to happen. Watch the presses tomorrow

Have you read all of his posts in that thread? Talks utter bollocks himself. A few hours ago he said 'it looks like it's going down' as in it is going ahead. But he doesn't want Huang and has stated that clearly.

But last night he posted this

Posted Yesterday, 22:27 PM

This Chinese bloke is a fraud.

Guest ShoePiss
In a rumour thread? As I said if he just said it I'd have thought no more about it but he showed me his phone with pics of him and his family with different Liverpool players in all sorts of different locations and he seemed genuine, seems he was.

As for Hamstrung, frow up and stop hiding behind your reputation button you absolute fuckwitt.

"I'd neg you if I could" would you really? I'd fuckin slap you for using the word neg in a serious sentence if I could...

Alright mate, if the whole reputation thing is silly to you why let it bother you so much? Let it roll.

Also after looking at the rumour thread your post is nothing to gloat over like I told you so, the only thing correct about it is the nationality of one bidder...