You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Half the battle

escapepods

Ok, forget about the money and owner problems for a sec. Our new manager will come in and have around 14 good to world class players to pick from:

Reina, Carra, Johnson, Krygiakos, Agger, Skrtel, Masch, Gerrard, Maxi, Babel, Benayoun, Aquillani, Torres.. add to that a new left back and Jovanovic and thats a decent enough amount of players. We've also got the likes of exciting youngsters Pacheco and Shelvey to call in.

If the likes of Degen, Ngog, Lucas, Kuyt etc etc were sold then that would add another 15 million or so spend. Now, im imagining the manager will be allowed to spend the money he makes from transfers (ala Benitez), and a new manager will surely be given around 15 million to start with (if he wasnt, he wouldnt join). So theres around 30 million to fill the squad up with good players.

All good in theory i know, but my point is.. there is some really good players at Anfield. It isnt all doom and gloom. The biggest problems we've had under Rafa were his own doing. Negative formations, players playing out of position, Torres not getting enough support, morale low due to those reasons.

If a new man came in, went back to 4-4-2, everyone into their natural positions, boosted the morale of the squad then im pretty sure we'd be back challenging for trophies.

The ownership and money situation has overlooked these facts all season, and they have nothing to do with the team or decisions a manager makes. Of course the ownership situation will play on players minds, but with the added morale boost of a new manager they will surely fight for the jersey and do everything for Liverpool FC.

Really does annoy me when people never bring up the fact that Benitez's tactics, approach and subs were disastrous, especially last season.

Yep, lets all blame the board for him losing the plot with his tactics and selections. I hear Purslow and Hicks were handing him team sheets!

Ok, forget about the money and owner problems for a sec. Our new manager will come in and have around 14 good to world class players to pick from:

Reina, Carra, Johnson, Krygiakos, Agger, Skrtel, Masch, Gerrard, Maxi, Babel, Benayoun, Aquillani, Torres.. add to that a new left back and Jovanovic and thats a decent enough amount of players. We've also got the likes of exciting youngsters Pacheco and Shelvey to call in.

If the likes of Degen, Ngog, Lucas, Kuyt etc etc were sold then that would add another 15 million or so spend. Now, im imagining the manager will be allowed to spend the money he makes from transfers (ala Benitez), and a new manager will surely be given around 15 million to start with (if he wasnt, he wouldnt join). So theres around 30 million to fill the squad up with good players.

All good in theory i know, but my point is.. there is some really good players at Anfield. It isnt all doom and gloom. The biggest problems we've had under Rafa were his own doing. Negative formations, players playing out of position, Torres not getting enough support, morale low due to those reasons.

If a new man came in, went back to 4-4-2, everyone into their natural positions, boosted the morale of the squad then im pretty sure we'd be back challenging for trophies.

The ownership and money situation has overlooked these facts all season, and they have nothing to do with the team or decisions a manager makes. Of course the ownership situation will play on players minds, but with the added morale boost of a new manager they will surely fight for the jersey and do everything for Liverpool FC.

Johnson doesn't defend. Skrtel can't defend. Babel is no better than Stevie Wonder and Benny may be going,Torres is injury prone, Gerrard has had the hump for 12 months. Any other ideas?

Also,"but with the added morale boost of a new manager", how do you know its a morale booster?

Eleven of those good to world class players were signed by Rafa but you are happy that he's gone. ......priceless

Yes football is all about signing players. :whatever:

Torres, gerrard and Masch could all be gone before a new manager arrives. And its likely that onyl a fraction of the money brought in from those sales will go to the new man.

Eleven of those good to world class players were signed by Rafa but you are happy that he's gone. ......priceless

And how many did he buy in his reign that were shite? How many of his signings were in the teams which won the European Cup and FA Cup?

Houllier made excellent signings too ya know. Hyypia, Hamann, Henchoz etc.

Whats yer point?

Read the fucking topic genius

I have.

Your basically saying Rafa has signed shite, given him no credit for the top class players he has signed and left behind.

You then mention Benni in the list, when he's leaving. Your assuming that Gerrard, Torres and The Chief are definately staying.

I could go on but I got bored reading it, bit like Tomkins article.

I also get the feeling your singing and dancing about Rafa leaving. Seems a bit shit to me.

All this has been based on how many threads you have started in the past 24 hours to "share" your opinions.

So what is your point?

I don't want any part of this self-delusion exercise. Just throw your best 11 out there, tell them to play 4-4-2, attacking football and they should smash everyone to smithereens. Right? RIGHT? RIGHT???

Well it will certainly work better than playing 4 at the back, 2 sitting midfielders, a striker on the wing, an attacking midfielder on the left, a central midfielder behind a striker.

Back to basics

REINA

JOHNSON

new left back

CARRA

AGGER

MASCH

MAXI

GERRARD

BABEL

JOVANOVIC

TORRES

Surely, that team in a 4-4-2 would be more attacking and effective than the shite we watched last season

Do you have fantasies about Babels muscular legs? He can't be in any decent team because of his woeful footballing 'skills'. Also, by writing a list of players (who have been injured or not arsed) doesn't make them any better than the "shite" you watched last season.

If only rafa had thought of this he'd still be here. Curse you God and Curse you Rafa.

Escapepods for new manager - you're not MoN are you? Little man, green face, big ears, little red cap with a feather in

If only Rafa stopped being negative he might still have a job

Well it will certainly work better than playing a central midfielder behind a striker.

You're not Jamie Redknapp/Andy Gray/Richard Keyes by any chance? "Central midfield is his best position!". Me bollix.

When Gerrard isn't on the blob, himself and Torres are the best front 2 in the world...and by a fair fucking distance too!

Stupid Rafa.