You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benítez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over Anfield rift

"......There are echoes of his last days at Valencia, a club he left because, in his words "the conditions changed".

What is worrying for Liverpool fans who want Benítez to stay is that, in the same interview, he used exactly the same phrase to describe the situation at Anfield.

Well, if a thing works once...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not "Entitled" to 4 years' wages, especially when he's made explicit plans to walk straight into another job.

Stop talking shit.

If he gets sacked then he is entitled to it. He has been treated like a cunt by the owners and, personally, I hope he rinses those fucking pricks for all they are worth (if he gets sacked, that is)

This all makes me really sad. Part of me still wants Rafa to turn it around but I think that part is my heart and my head is telling me that it's not going to work anymore. The fucking owners are cunts, Rafa is not, it's just not working anymore.

If he gets sacked then he is entitled to it. He has been treated like a cunt by the owners and, personally, I hope he rinses those fucking pricks for all they are worth (if he gets sacked, that is)

It won't come out of their pockets. It will be the club that suffers financially.

He should have no choice in the matter of whether he stays or goes, he should be shown the door if we as a club still have any ambition.

So you want rid of Benitez, but rather than letting him quit and not take his pay-off, you want him to be sacked and take all that money from the club?

I hope you don't mind me saying thats a fucking ridiculous opinion.

It won't come out of their pockets. It will be the club that suffers financially.

Exactly. Thats a stupid fucking post from Top of the Kop. The owners have done nothing but take from this club since they have been here, I cant imagine they will start paying anything anytime soon.

I am so fucking depressed with the state of LFC at the moment. It affects every waking hour of my day. Its quite clear that the owners are not what we need to help put us back on our perch and this season has made it perfectly clear that Rafa is not that man either. IMO our team doesnt need to much of an overall but a complete change in mentality and that will only happen with a different manager.

IF the fat spanish waiter cared about the club then he would resign rather than wait to get sacked so he can claim his golden handshake.

Negged. Disrespectful prick.

I want him gone too but the insults are fucking dispicable. Call yourself a Liverpool supporter? Arsewipe.

I know Roy Hodgson is doing extremely well with Fulham but one good season or two does not a good manager make. I've never in his long career thought he was very good and a look at his resume does not exactly convince me.

1976–1980 Halmstads

1982 Bristol City

1983–1985 Örebro

1985–1990 Malmö

1990–1992 Neuchâtel Xamax

1992–1995 Switzerland

1995–1997 Internazionale

1997–1998 Blackburn Rovers

1999 Internazionale

1999–2000 Grasshopper

2000–2001 Copenhagen

2001 Udinese

2002–2004 United Arab Emirates

2004–2005 Viking

2006–2007 Finland

2007– Fulham

Roy Hodgson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If we are to get an interim manager, I'd hope King Kenny could be lured into taking the job, otherwise I think O'Neill on a rolling one year contract would be a better option than Hodgson.

what a pathetic thing to say. Who do you think will pay? Cancer and Aids?

Don't be stupid.

4m a year is being treated 'like shite', indeed.

Rafa`s ego and his battles with the owners more important than the club.

I have heard it all now.

Hodgson was tempted by Jack Walker to replace Ray Harford at Blackburn Rovers.Rovers had finished 13th under Harford the previous season - only 2 seasons after winning the title—and had been in danger of relegation; Walker wanted Rovers to challenge consistently for European football. In the 1997–98 season—his first season in charge - Blackburn finished 6th, qualifying for the UEFA cup and appeared to be in the ascendancy. However, Hodgson's second season with Blackburn would prove to be disastrous, both for the club and for his personal reputation within English football. Hodgson spent £20m in the summer of 1998 to strengthen the Rovers side[8]. A succession of poor buys - notably the £7.5 million Kevin Davies—coupled with injuries and dressing room unrest led to a disastrous start to the season. He was sacked in December 1998 with Rovers at the bottom of the league table.[9] His final game was a home defeat to Southampton.[9][10]

Guest PurpleNose
Hodgson was tempted by Jack Walker to replace Ray Harford at Blackburn Rovers.Rovers had finished 13th under Harford the previous season - only 2 seasons after winning the title—and had been in danger of relegation; Walker wanted Rovers to challenge consistently for European football. In the 1997–98 season—his first season in charge - Blackburn finished 6th, qualifying for the UEFA cup and appeared to be in the ascendancy. However, Hodgson's second season with Blackburn would prove to be disastrous, both for the club and for his personal reputation within English football. Hodgson spent £20m in the summer of 1998 to strengthen the Rovers side[8]. A succession of poor buys - notably the £7.5 million Kevin Davies—coupled with injuries and dressing room unrest led to a disastrous start to the season. He was sacked in December 1998 with Rovers at the bottom of the league table.[9] His final game was a home defeat to Southampton.[9][10]

So he wasn't shite at Inter like you said?

He fucked Valencia over and will fuck us over if he has to. He is going to try to get what he can of course but all this ''staying for the fans'' stuff really is tiresome.

Try telling that to their trophy cabinet, 2 la ligas against all odds?

Pull the other one , it plays jingle bells.

Why? I'm pretty sure we've been outspent by teams that have always finished below us in the past few years?

Are you telling me if Rafa would have set us up to attack from the first whistle of every game this season, we wouldn't have sewn up fourth place at least a few weeks ago?

Man City, Spurs and Villa have stuttered pretty much all season and all are gonna finish above us. Says it all really.

We went to fucking Wolves for crying out loud and we didn't even have a shot on target in 90 minutes. How did we expect to get 3 points? By hoping that the ref would give us a penalty out of sympathy?

What a simplistic way of looking at things. We went into that game against Wolves with a similar line up to the one that beat Spurs at home only a few days earlier.

Our main problem this season hasn't been about attacking teams, especially when you consider our home form is better now than it was last season. Away from home we just haven't found the balance, our defence was all over the place at the beginning of the season, we were conceding too many from set pieces and we always looked vulnerable when teams pressed us and to any counter attack. The manager had to try and find a way to remedy this and that is the biggest criticism we can throw at him right now in that he has failed to correct the situation away from home and our performance overall has suffered in the process.

So it was certainly not a question of us needing to be more attack minded from the get go and this seasons poor performance is simply not the down to one person and his failings.

How?

He didn't. Just fits in nicely with the current agenda to say such things.