You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

Liverpool, Manchester City, and United on alert as Jose Mourinho clears the way for a summer return to England from Real Madrid - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Jose Mourinho is on his way back to the Premier League.

And the Special One’s return to English football could come sooner than expected if the escalating boardroom war at Real Madrid fails to subside.

Mourinho’s return to these shores in the summer, if not before, is bound to leave a number of high profile managers anxiously looking over their shoulders - and here’s why.

Mourinho carries a guarantee of sparking instant success. He’s done that wherever he’s worked.

Aside from a monumental haul of silverware, which includes league titles in three different countries and two Champions League trophies, Mourinho has seen his teams remain unbeaten in home league games for NINE years, covering 146 games.

So the likes of Roberto Mancini at Manchester City and Kenny Dalglish, who is vying to secure the Liverpool job beyond the summer, have good cause to be concerned about Mourinho’s imminent availability.

But you can rule out an emotional return to Chelsea. Stamford Bridge insiders believe the Portuguese coach who won an array of trophies including two Premier League titles in his three years in charge, will never return while Roman Abramovich remains as owner.

Mourinho said: “I was never under any illusions. I understood the personality of Roman Abramovich and the culture of the people around him.

“And knew it was not a job for ten years. My role was to give this man what he wanted — victory — knowing that, sooner or later, my time would finish, because there were too many things going on around me.”

Yet the pain of the Stamford Bridge parting in 2007 has failed to dampen Mourinho’s enthusiasm about returning to the Premier League.

He explained: “It’s always important for me and my family to be happy and I love English football and my family love England.

“I have always maintained I will return one day but maybe it will come sooner than I expected.”

Mourinho enjoyed two seasons of spectacular success at Inter Milan after leaving Stamford Bridge culminating in an historic treble in 2009 including the Champions league crown.

His debut season at Real Madrid has seen him hailed by the fans but engulfed in a political war with general dirtector Jorge Valdano.

But Mourinho has always maintained his coaching style is more English than continental.

“If you want to build something England is the place to do it,” he said. “The culture, the atmosphere and the fair play are unlike anything anywhere else.

“Besides I want to live in England again. My family loved it here. We still have a house in England and they come back frequently.

“And if my family are happy then I am happy.”

The war at Madrid shows no signs of subsiding with Mourinho at odds with his board and in particular a fractious relationship with Valdano.

Those close to Mourinho say he is virtually in an untenable position at Madrid just six months into his four-year deal.

Unlike many of his predecessors Mourinho is not intimidated by his employers. He does not fear the repercussions of his outspoken comments. That is not the way of the Real hierarchy.

The influential Valdano has publicly criticised Mourinho for failing to play French striker Karim Benzema and attacking the team’s tactics.

Mourinho saw it as an offensive tactic by the board and read the political script.

He simply retorted by saying: “I’ve decided to return to England. I have nothing prepared about my future - I just want to be happy in my work.”

One day Mourinho might hope to manage Manchester United. With Sir Alex Ferguson showing no signs of retirement the chances are he’ll be employed by another Premier League club before the Old Trafford hotseat becomes available.

After all, the richest club owners can’t say no to a guaranteed winner.

Read more: Liverpool, Manchester City, and United on alert as Jose Mourinho clears the way for a summer return to England from Real Madrid - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

If Shitcoat did return, it'd be to either City or United. He likes to load the dice.

For my part, my thoughts on him are clear.......

AS50_sniper_rifle.jpg

Yep. Millions to play with at Chelsea, a ready made world class squad at Inter and again millions to play with plus a world class squad at Real Madrid.

He wouldn't be able to stand coming to us, he'd throw his toys out of the pram the minute hes denied something.

Guest the boy
Mourinho? Fuck off, we've had enough mercenaries who'll fuck us over.

Nail on the head - it's time to get back to a loyal core at the club with a strong mentality - none that will hide; none whose heads will drop at the first instance at trouble. The likes of Mourinho could only be poisonous in the longer-term.

Yep. Millions to play with at Chelsea, a ready made world class squad at Inter and again millions to play with plus a world class squad at Real Madrid.

He wouldn't be able to stand coming to us, he'd throw his toys out of the pram the minute hes denied something.

Agree.

He's a frontrunner thesedays. Challenge far too great for him here.

We want Kenny.

a month ago I'd have given a resounding yes to Mourinho being our manager but him replacing Kenny just seems wrong, hopefully Kenny will get it full time

hope Mourinho goes to City just to ensure he doesnt go to Scum, lesser of 2 evils and City could end up dominating even without him anyway

If Ferguson clinches number 19 in May (and lets face it they will) then I'd put my house on him moving aside and Mourinho taking over. It's an absolute nap.

19th title will be great for him but I still think he wants to at least equal Sir Bob's 3 European Cups before he fucks off.

The way its been going for them this season, it would be foolish to dismiss that happening too.

*runs off to be sick*

Nah, can't see them getting close to Barcelona if they meet them let alone the likes of Real Madrid, AC Milan etc.

They wouldn't be winning this league if everyone else weren't so shite.

I've been very impressed so far with Kenny Dalglish in his second spell in charge of LFC and I sincerley hope that he gets the job full time and the owners make this announcement before the end of the season. On the field results and performances are improving, and off the field we have seen a return to the 'Liverpool Way' with everything kept in house, and he and the club have handled the sale of Torres and purchases of Suarez and Carroll with dignity and class.

The man oozes class and should be given the job full time with Carragher joining the backroom staff and possibly Pako Ayesteran returning as well.