You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

A CL spot in the first season or i'll get all ART on his ass

He has a 3 year contract. If he goes 3 seasons winning nothing while signing £150m worth of players and playing some of the worst football ever seen at Anfield then I'll want him sacked.

Unlike a lot of people on here, I find that kind of performance from an LFC manager totally unacceptable.

He has a 3 year contract. If he goes 3 seasons winning nothing while signing £150m worth of players and playing some of the worst football ever seen at Anfield then I'll want him sacked.

Unlike a lot of people on here, I find that kind of performance from an LFC manager totally unacceptable.

So spot on.

HAHAHA Yeah, right - like he's going to get £150 over the next three years!

Edit

Who signed £150m worth of players?

So I take it Rafa took us backwards last season in not qualifying for Europe.

My favourite goal of the Benitez regime was in his first season the opener v Arsenal who were really formidable then in the Mellor game. direct passing, great movement off the ball and Xabi moved into the space and pinged it into the top corner. It was a goal brimming with class but looked so simple. That was 3 months into Rafa's first season with an injury hit side.

Finnan to Harry to Stevie to Alonso wasn't it? Stunning goal and one of mine too.

• 4 months later...

I initially supported the appointment of Roy Hodgson but it is now evident that he is totally out of his depth, as too are most of the playing squad who are mediocre, gutless and vastly overpaid. There is a huge rebuilding squad to be done at Anfield and that process needs to start in January.

NESV need to identify the most suitable person to carry out this rebuidling job and get him in now even if we have to pay compensation.

I initially supported the appointment of Roy Hodgson but it is now evident that he is totally out of his depth, as too are most of the playing squad who are mediocre, gutless and vastly overpaid. There is a huge rebuilding squad to be done at Anfield and that process needs to start in January.

NESV need to identify the most suitable person to carry out this rebuidling job and get him in now even if we have to pay compensation.

I agree with all of that Steve but I just dont think they'll get a top target in November, again for those saying Dalglish as a temp, if that happens and he does well but they have a long term manager lined up in June, if a move is made to dislodge Kenny the owners or the next manager is doomed already, awful dilema and situation were in now.

• 1 month later...

June 2010

Nothing against Hodgson as an individual but he has no qualifications to do the job. Does Fulham's wonderful performance in the league merit it? The answer has to be no.

He is being appointed (if he is) simply because it will take the focus off the owners. Giving Kenny the job would unite manager and fans they can't have that.

Any bigger name would want more money they can't have that.

They will hope he can qualify for Europe for a season or two while they whore us about.

Thought I'd bump this the poll is interesting