You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone fancy a stealth car code exchange? I have the McLaren F1 and 787B from Amazon from what I can gather each retailer had two so anyone who ordered away from Amazon will have different cars.

Am meant to have a stealth pack from Play but do not see anything about stealth cars in the pack, am I missing something?

The reviews I've read today suggest that it's good but not great. They all seem to have similar complaints: inconsistent graphics (some stunning, some pretty half arsed) and a general feeling of a slightly dated format.

Not surprised. Although I hoped for better I still had the feeling that it'd just be a polished version of the last Gran Turismo game with the obvious improvements of the PS3's hardware. They're probably stuck in a rut and need to start several areas off from scratch to improve things enough to keep up, but if it's taken this long for this game to arrive it'll probably be years until the next anyway.

Will stick with my Colin Mcrae games for now, but if a video review looks good buy it when it's cheaper next year. Might even get the last Wipeout game that was made instead, loved that series and only have an old PS2 version.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or is this game a bit of a dissapointment?

The online options are really bad. No automatic matchmaking means waiting around forever for a race in which you invariably end up racing people who have supercars. no variety.

feels dated, feels like a PS2 game.

They need to look only at COD for online gameplay.

The online options are really bad. No automatic matchmaking means waiting around forever for a race in which you invariably end up racing people who have supercars. no variety.

The online options have taken 1 step forward from the prologue in that you can set up races with your mates but has taken 200 back in that you have to wait for races to start and the is no car catorgarys to you races people of the same car level as you. There should also be a reason for racing online like money as in prologue and you can earn experiance for your drivers too. Fortunately they say they are going to release a patch to fix these things.

Apart from the online I am really liking the single player campaign.

If you want a good car early try this Nissan GT-R '07 - Cr. 77,700

Weight Reduction Stage 2, Engine Stage 1, Sports ECU, Racing Air Filter, Titanium Racing Exhaust, Catalytic Converter: Sports, High RPM Range Turbo Kit, Soft Racing Tyres. - Cr. 85,450. You can get this at level 11.

I've never considered the GT series to be an online game really, even though I have played online on previous versions.

I much prefer the solo aspect of the game, attaining licences, completing the driving series cups and doing the additional events.

I've got right into GT5 the past couple of days, and have almost completed the International A licence, just the final challenge to go for that.

I've also completed the Beginner and Amateur Series challenges, all Gold Cups of course, and have set about doing the Pro series.

Had a few shots at some of the Special Events, and it's quite clear that these will be the hardest challenges to complete for me, even at the beginner or intermediate stages.

Still, it's as fun and as frustrating as GT has ever been, though was it worth the 5 year $100m development? Probably not. Cracking game despite that, and still easily the best driving sim around in my opinion.

Guest Scaramanga

They need to look only at COD for online gameplay.

COD online is fucking wank mate. The latest incarnation being the worst.

If you want a good car early try this Nissan GT-R '07 - Cr. 77,700

A good car to buy when you can afford it is the Lambo Countach. Fully tricked out, it'll beast a Veyron. Make sure you use fully custom transmission and lower it down otherwise it's a bitch to control. Done most of the Pro series (and the one before that) with it.

The games ok. Instead of spending 5 years making sure the game is the prettiest it can be (and it is), they should have spent some time working on the AI drivers. Load of shit. It's like they've pre-programmed them to go around every track in a specific way each time, ramming you off in the process. Not challenging at all.

Haven't tried the online, mate says it's shit and pretty much full of kids so i'm not going to bother.

COD online is fucking wank mate. The latest incarnation being the worst.

A good car to buy when you can afford it is the Lambo Countach. Fully tricked out, it'll beast a Veyron. Make sure you use fully custom transmission and lower it down otherwise it's a bitch to control. Done most of the Pro series (and the one before that) with it.

The games ok. Instead of spending 5 years making sure the game is the prettiest it can be (and it is), they should have spent some time working on the AI drivers. Load of shit. It's like they've pre-programmed them to go around every track in a specific way each time, ramming you off in the process. Not challenging at all.

Haven't tried the online, mate says it's shit and pretty much full of kids so i'm not going to bother.

That 599 you sent me is pretty fucking beastly, though it doesn't like the really sharp corners, though that may just be me.

Just the Lambo challenge and the World Challenge to go on Pro, which I'll get done once I get home again on Friday.

Guest Scaramanga
That 599 you sent me is pretty fucking beastly, though it doesn't like the really sharp corners, though that may just be me.

Just the Lambo challenge and the World Challenge to go on Pro, which I'll get done once I get home again on Friday.

Check the gear ratios dude, I had them set pretty high while I was having a fuck about with it. Lower them down so the top speed is around 196 and that thing will stick to the road like shit to a blanket!

Guest Scaramanga
Am I alone in absolutely detesting the Top Gear bit with the VW Buses and the Lotus'

Really getting pissed off with that bit.

As stupid as it sounds in a VW camper, you need to slipstream as much as you can. If you use the racing line option, ignore it and force your way round by outbreaking them. You should be in around 4th - 3rd as you exit Gambon. Rinse, repeat for the gold. I fucking detest those special events so far. Apart from the karting, because it's piss easy compared to the others.

Wait till you start on the iC license. I had around 200 goes on one of them (for gold), and I still can't manage better than 3rd on iC-10. It's gone from challenging to fucking tedious really quickly.

I managed the bus one it's the Lotus that is pissing me off now. Slightest tap on one of them you get disqualified but they punt you off all over the place.

I'm loving the Grand Tour challenge, that Alfa is mega. Would probably be a lot quicker with it if I stopped pissing about with the manual box and the handbrake forcing it sideways on purpose.

Guest Scaramanga
They couldn't have got a better VoiceOver for the tv ad? That is all.

TV ads for games are really shit nowadays.

If anyone can remember the original Final Fantasy 7 advert when it was first aired on UK telly, you'll know what i'm talking about.

Just got this of another site and tried it so it does work

Free Jaguar XJ13 Chrome Line

1) Have a facebook account (or create a throwaway one with a temp mail service)

2) Go to: GT5 Take It To The Track on Facebook

3) Play "shot in the dark" D) When the lap is over (1min/30sec) click some guys face on the right hand side to set a grudge

5) A screen will pop up and ask to set more grudges, change from "Friends" to "My Locale" at the top, and choose 4 more random people.

6) Click GT Profile and on the right hand side there will be a code for you (Redeem code), enter it in PSN store, download and it will be in your garage!