You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Explain how he has ''brought the forum level down''. He is one of the most respected posters on here and regularly explains his points well.

Get a grip will you.

Because his speciality is labouring a view to the extreme for no useful purpose other than trying to win points, despite the fallout it inevitably creates. The whole Alonso saga being the most obvious example, not that I really want to rake that up again.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because his speciality is labouring a view to the extreme for no useful purpose other than trying to win points, despite the fallout it inevitably creates. The whole Alonso saga being the most obvious example, not that I really want to rake that up again.

I was right to moan about Alonso leaving because it's weakened the team. The only reason I ever continue to debate something passionately is when I feel it's having a detrimental affect on the team.

I get stuff wrong, as we all do, but at least I have my views unlike a lot of people who are more than happy to just tow the party line.

That's just my opinion though, obviously.

For the run we've been having, today's luck and result was the proverbial 'in off the arse' of a player who can't buy a goal.

Yes, it was painful and at times embarrassing to watch, and extremely tense, especially when they were in front of our goal. They had a number of chances to punish us, but for the magnificent Pepe and their incompetent finishing, we'd have been put away. I laughed heartily when the goals went in, but it was a nervous laugh, still thinking we were going to be pegged back by bad defending, and their slimy little corner flag boxing runt. Thankfully, they are, and were, even worse form than us at the moment.

Again, considering our run of recent results, two successive wins, however achieved, and whatever the circumstances of their meaning, gets us back on some kind of positive direction. Let's take our luck, for that's undoubtedly what it was, and go to Ewood next week and give fat Sham the 'game over'.

Quite - I normally sit and watch it going off but occasionally something like that provokes me to respond, especially as what sparked it off was the crime of being positive after winning the derby.

Sparked what off? What did I say to spark all of this* off exactly?

* absolutely nothing to be fair

Quite - I normally sit and watch it going off but occasionally something like that provokes me to respond, especially as what sparked it off was the crime of being positive after winning the derby.

I don't think that was it, it was telling everyone else they were a disgrace to the club probably.

I always believe in a Derby it's the result that counts, no matter what. Today's performance was shit, but the ends justify the means etc.

I'll tell you this though, this doesn't feel like a great Derby win, and I'm not exactly brimming with confidence, and I'm not entirely confident we can push forward. The problems we have got haven't gone over the space of 90 minutes, it's the same with the United game the other month, it means nothing if we don't push on.

Given the shit we are playing now I will milk this victory for all that it is worth, but I don't think it's a Derby victory to rank amongst our best IMO.

I was right to moan about Alonso leaving because it's weakened the team. The only reason I ever continue to debate something passionately is when I feel it's having a detrimental affect on the team.

I get stuff wrong, as we all do, but at least I have my views unlike a lot of people who are more than happy to just tow the party line.

That's just my opinion though, obviously.

Brownie almost always talks sense about LFC.

Those picking a row with him on this thread very rarely do.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

This is some lord of the flies shit right here

Anyway, that's me finished work for the night, off out to enjoy myself

Toodle pip

Guest juanmanual
How the fuck have we ended up arguing and raging and having a go at each other after a derby win? How the fuck has that happened. Fucking incredable. Really fucking insane.

Now im not been smart,i'm just answering your question ok.......

Because even though we won we were fucking terrible,because so many of us are so disappointed at how this season has panned out after the great end to last season,because deep down we all know Rafa has to go as he is not good enough.

I think they're the reasons you'l find why so many rows are still on going.

3 points is 3 points but that display today was fucking shocking. Regardless of the result that was one of the worst displays I've ever seen from any Liverpool side. Everton seemed to want it more and I thought they passed the ball better and generally fought harder than we did. OK they were the home side but that shouldn't prevent us from being able to pass the ball to our own players and actually showing some balls.

I've just read the posts from the game time and considering we were winning for the majority of the game it didn't make good reading. Rafa was on the verge of being hung out to dry until we scored our second goal.

We got out of jail big time today but lets hope lady luck sticks around a bit. As for the manor of the victory. Well that was payback for our cup defeat last season. You reap what you sew Moyes.

To be honest we looked much better in possesion once Yossi and Riera came on. Having two wide players out wide made a difference

Agreed. Riera's little cameo was at the more positive end of his performance spectrum. When he plays well he retains and uses the ball cleverly. A fit and in form Riera would dramatically improve us from the stuff we've been playing so far. It would also allow Aurelio to drop to left back and with him, Albert, Agger, Yossi and Gerrard in the side, we'd at least start passing it better and stop giving the ball so easily to opponents.