You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea FC Number 1

STEVEO YOOO

Thomas Carr College

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Tarneit, Victoria, Australia

Information

School type Independent, Roman Catholic, Co-educational, Day school

Established 1997

Chairperson Ms. Jill Butty

Principal Mr. Bruce Runnalls

Enrolment 1200 (7-12)[1]

Campus Suburban

Campus size 10 Hectares[1]

School Colour(s) Navy, Red & White

Song We Will Shine

Publication The Beacon

School fees AU$3,550 p.a - AU$$3,850 p.a[2]

Affiliation Roman Catholic Church, ACS

Website http://www.thomascarr.vic.edu.au

Thomas Carr College is a Roman Catholic, co-educational day school located in Tarneit in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. It is named after Thomas Joseph Carr, the second catholic archbishop of Melbourne. In 2006, the principal since the college's founding, Mr. Paul D'Astoli, was transferred and was succeeded by Bruce Runnalls.

Contents

[hide]

* 1 History

* 2 Curriculum

* 3 Sport

* 4 Houses

* 5 Controversy

* 6 School song ("We Will Shine")

* 7 References

* 8 See also

* 9 External links

[edit] History

Thomas Carr College took its first group of 72 year 7 students in 1997. These students completed the College's first VCE classes in 2002. In 1997 the school was situated on a temporary site with only portable classrooms.

After this beginning year, Thomas Carr College began to take form with the erection of the first buildings on the permanent site. The most noticeable difference between the first and second years was the number of students. In the second year the College greatly increased in size as a result of the growing population in the area and its key location in one of the growth corridors in the Melbourne's western suburbs.

Since its origination, Thomas Carr College has been steadily growing, and increasing its presence on not only a regional level, but with the frequent exchange trips between Japan and Australia.

On Monday, August 14 2006, the principal announced his resignation effective at the end of the year. In a letter sent out to students on that day, Mr. Paul D'Astoli said that he "felt it is time to give a new Principal the opportunity to take the College forward to the next decade of its development."

[edit] Curriculum

Thomas Carr offers a broad-based core curriculum at Years 7 & 8 levels covering all Key Learning Areas including Religious Education, English, Mathematics, the Arts, Science, LOTE (Japanese & Indonesian), Technology, Physical Education and Information Technology. In Year 9, alongside the core studies, students are encouraged to pursue areas of particular interest through an electives program.

In Year 10 various VCE Units 1 & 2 subjects are offered to students. Students at this year level are also involved in Work Experience, Community Service and Careers Advice Programs.

[edit] Sport

Thomas Carr College joined the Association of Co-educational School (ACS) sporting competition in 2003. The sports involved are:

Boys Summer Girls Summer Boys Winter Girls Winter Mixed Summer Mixed Winter

1 Basketball Soccer Soccer Basketball Rugby

2 Cricket Softball Softball Table Tennis

3 Softball Tennis Tennis Hockey

4 Table Tennis Volleyball Volleyball Netball

5 Hockey Football

[edit] Houses

There are four houses at Thomas Carr. They are the Galway Tigers (Yellow), The Moylough Muscle (Blue), Maynooth Bulls (Red) and Westport Roos (Green). All are named after towns in Ireland and are significant places in Thomas Carr's life. Three House sport carnivals take place annually, the swimming carnival, athletics carnival and the cross country. Galway have won 10 events, Maynooth and Westport have won 8 each while Moylough has won three events.

[edit] Controversy

The school has not been without controversy. In 2003, a year nine student committed suicide after being bullied at school camp. The resulting controversy lead to wide spread bullying awareness, and the state government introduced various reforms.[3][4]In 2005 the school set up a 'wireless bully button' system, that alerts teachers by SMS when students push the button, and record incidents via a network of 20 video cameras.[5]

[edit] School song ("We Will Shine")

Chorus- We will shine, we will live the freedom of life in God, as friends together We will shine, we will build the kingdom as all we are called to be.

Verse 1- Thomas Carr an Irish priest, who heard God's call and saw great need, left his home, sailed across the sea, to let God's people shine.

(Chorus)

Verse 2- He was strong, his mind was keen. he knew great hopes and built great dreams Thomas Carr let God's glory be seen, he helped God's people shine.

(Chorus)

Verse 3- We are young, with different gifts to bring a world in need of hope. Here we grow we learn and love and we. God's people shine.

(Chorus x 2)

Thomas Carr College - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Jesus, I love it when these idiots come on here. It just makes for a great afternoon.

I do a lot less work, to be honest.

[edit] School song ("We Will Shine")

Chorus- We will shine, we will live the freedom of life in God, as friends together We will shine, we will build the kingdom as all we are called to be.

Verse 1- Thomas Carr an Irish priest, who heard God's call and saw great need, left his home, sailed across the sea, to let God's people shine.

(Chorus)

Verse 2- He was strong, his mind was keen. he knew great hopes and built great dreams Thomas Carr let God's glory be seen, he helped God's people shine.

(Chorus)

Verse 3- We are young, with different gifts to bring a world in need of hope. Here we grow we learn and love and we. God's people shine.

(Chorus x 2)

If he sings that and uploads it onto youtube, I'll remove his IP address and end the misery. True story, that.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
excuse my ignorance, but how do you find out so much info from an I.P. address and/or email address?

p.s. ha ha steve you tool

Google, really.

excuse my ignorance, but how do you find out so much info from an I.P. address and/or email address?

p.s. ha ha steve you tool

Actually this bit interests me too.

Me/another mod provide the ammunition, the skip gives the e-mail address, and then I don't know what happens, other than that it makes me laugh. A lot.

Urban Dictionary: thomas carr college

thomas carr college 32 up, 45 down love it hate it

A dickhead school for those who want to achieve low enter scores. It is located on the outskirts of the town next to the shit farm and also boasts its very own street name right next to it. Thomas Carr College is also notourious for selling headjobs for $5.00 AUD among the poor and sexually frustrated year 8 students. The school has successfully managed to keep this roumor alive through its horrendous boasting on how good its students are at pulling a raging dragon.

1: Hey, what school do you go to?

2: Thomas Carr College

1: Sorry i've only got $4.50