You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

Couldn't blame him

Not sure on any of these QBs coning out next year to be honest.

Browns best option is to throw the bank at Kirk Cousins

I'm an NC State grad and I saw on ESPN the other day that some were rating our current QB, Ryan Finley, as the second-best quarterback in the draft!

Now, I'm no expert but I would say he's a good, but not great, college-level quarterback.  He might one day be good enough to back up an NFL starter, but he's never going to be a franchise player.  In fact, I'd say he's pretty much at the same level as our former QB Mike Glennon, he of the 6-16 record in the NFL.  Who I was amazed even got a chance in the league at all, given some of his play in college.

And while I'm on the topic, how weird is it to have 4 NFL quarterbacks from a school that is not a traditional power?  A few weeks ago all four of Phillip Rivers, Russell Wilson, Mike Glennon and Jacoby Brissett started for their NFL teams.  All former NC State players, a school that hasn't won really anything in the last 30 years.

Guest Pistonbroke

.95f0593014b071c3611e74947ffb202a.jpg

Same old shit every season with the skins mate. Followed them loosely since 92 and they rarely make the play offs, only a handful of times since then, only to fall early thereafter. They've been shit since I decided to hitch onto their wagon. I only started following due to my best mate playing the game over here for The Bielefeld Bulldogs and for Newport back in his own town. He's a massive Dolphin's fan so i decided to choose a team from the NFC. Tossed a coin between the Eagles and the Skins and have been pissed ever since. 

Fully expected the loss last night

A depleted secondary and the loss of our starting DE.

Didn't watch it as i was fast asleep but sounds like the offense had issues.

Still all in our hands with divisional games upcoming. Be pissed off it it crumbles now. Need Lattimore and Crawley back

Fully expected the loss last night

A depleted secondary and the loss of our starting DE.

Didn't watch it as i was fast asleep but sounds like the offense had issues.

Still all in our hands with divisional games upcoming. Be pissed off it it crumbles now. Need Lattimore and Crawley back

Was at the game. That loss was on our offense and Payton's playcalling as much as it was the defense. He called them game as if them two were playing, getting overly cute and pass-happy rather than pounding the rock. Sure it didn't help that we were in a 10-0 hole early but part of that was going 3 and out on our first possession without ever handing the ball off to either of our backs.

Having said that, with those two healthy I think we can beat any team in the league home or away and that's exciting. Payton will get it together and as you said, with the division coming up if we had to drop one then it might as well have been this one.

I seriously need to stop leaving 40+ points on my bench!

Got away with it last week but lost in both leagues this week when I'd have cruised it with the right line up.

I know the old adage of "nobody cares about your fantasy team" but I needed to share.

I seriously need to stop leaving 40+ points on my bench!

Got away with it last week but lost in both leagues this week when I'd have cruised it with the right line up.

I know the old adage of "nobody cares about your fantasy team" but I needed to share.

I scored 121 points last week and lost........ Scored 136 points this week and may lose again.......

Last week you lost to my Stranglers by 4 points because your kicker got concussed as well. Can’t get much more unlucky than that.

BCM's got the #1 Jags defence, MY #1 Jags defence which I accidentally dropped a few weeks ago when I was pissed!

All good though cos I picked up the #2 Rats D. Hopefully they'll shutdown Texans tonight.

BCM's got the #1 Jags defence, MY #1 Jags defence which I accidentally dropped a few weeks ago when I was pissed!

All good though cos I picked up the #2 Rats D. Hopefully they'll shutdown Texans tonight.

Ha ha i had the rats d before them and had to drop for bye weeks. Cant have been too happy for you to root for the ravens for the win. Was a good matchup neither of us deserved to lose.

• Upvote 1