You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jimmy Greaves

After seeing him on TV today interviewed on various programmes, collecting his medal today after not seeing him on the box in a while, reminded me what a annoying cunt he really is.

I grew up with watching Saint and Greavsie shows and he used to annoy the fuck out of me. Just the way he's a miserable fuck and always moaning about anything there is to moan about, mainly stupid fucking things, in his dull, monotonous tone.

Might have been a fantastic goalscorer, but a truly annoying fuckstick.

Anyone care to back me up?

I think I would honestly enjoy punching the shit out of him.

Loved Saint and Greavesie when they interviewed a young up-an-coming 'Iron' Mike Tyson. Greavesie gets in the ring with him and challenges the big man to throw a few shadow punches. The sight of Greavesie visibly shitting himself as Tyson delivers a killer combination mere inches from his fat head is TV gold. He was never the same afer that.

I had this disagreement with my mate. Jimmy goes: "Who we playing tonight?" and then goes on to slag them off. My mate says Jimmy knows who they are and that he's making a point about why should we play teams like this. I'm not so sure. I think he's in a little delirious world of his own.

The man is a bollock.

Looks like ITV only got him on because of the whole "Saint & Greavsie" thing. I think even they were expecting him to drop a bollock. He didn't disappoint.

Speaking of Saint & Greavsie, I once won a mug for entering a comp on that show. 20 years on, I still have it somewhere.

After seeing him on TV today interviewed on various programmes, collecting his medal today after not seeing him on the box in a while, reminded me what a annoying cunt he really is.

I grew up with watching Saint and Greavsie shows and he used to annoy the fuck out of me. Just the way he's a miserable fuck and always moaning about anything there is to moan about, mainly stupid fucking things, in his dull, monotonous tone.

Was thinking that when I saw him interviewed at half time and he was banging on about "who are we playing?" I'll bet he wasn't saying that a month or so back when England were getting bummed by a Spanish side who barely got out of second gear.

I also grew up watching Saint'n'Greavsie, and the fact that he was the 'fun' guy, next to Saint, says it all.

Ian St John was a great player for us, but the man is angry, angry, ANGRY! I'm not sure what the anger stems from, but that is certainly the impression I get.

Greaves seems like a hugely negative gent, in the same vein.

Jimmy was indeed an alcoholic. I read his autobiography years go, 'This one's on me' or something. He gave it up in the late 70s.

He's alright is Jimmy, his sense of humour can be a bit off but you've gotta give him a bit of respect. As others have said, those that saw him play put him in the highest bracket.

He knew who england were playing; the point he was making was about itv talking as if england were going to win the world cup because we were 3-0 up against a very shit team. The interviewer just glossed over it because you have to pretend they are all 'difficult games.'

Many years ago my boss asked me to take his young lad to a match.I took him to Stamford Bridge to see the Reds win 2-1;Roger Hunt scored one of our goals.I repeatedly explained to this young lad that Roger was the greatest goalscorer in the game-far better than that Jimmy Greaves that the southern press used to over rate.

I delivered the lad back to his parents near Brentwood Essex where a kids party was taking place. Ten minutes later a father comes to collect his kid from the party-that father was Jimmy Greaves.The lad proudly tells him that he'd just seen the best striker in the country score at Chelsea and that I'd told him that Roger Hunt was a far better player.Jimmy Greaves still had the decency to laugh and shake my hand even tho I explained it was important that these southern kids got properly educated!

To be honest Greaves was a tremendous player- particularly when strikers were just expected to score goals rather than waste energy on "working for the team".He was probably the greatest finisher of his era.

Back in 1984, I got on a football scholarship in Dublin.

He was the head coach along with David O'Leary, he was a great laugh (well I was 13) and still had a great touch on the ball when he joined in the 5-a-sides. So I like him!