You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking 17 for Johnson which 7 was owed and 5 mil payable over the next two seasons. So we have gone 5 million into our budget and Leto, Hobbs and Anderson have evened that out for this year.

A centre back can be bought with a sale of say Itandje and we have pennant and hyppia off the wage bill.

So i think we still have our budget. I reckon Silva will be the £20 million from the owners and then we need £5-7 for Tuncay which i think the owners would also sanction.

I may be way off but i think it's doable.

On top of the £5-7m needed for Tuncay those Johnson figures are miles off. Firstly not all of the £7m is gratis for this year - some of it will have been accounted for in this transfer window anyway - say £2-3m of it, secondly ALL transfers these days include add ons and installment payments and these are factored into the transfer budget. If for example we pay £5m now and £5m over 24mths, the WHOLE amount would be taken from this years budget because this is normal practice - it's more complicated than this but I'll keep it straightforward for here.

Obviously what none of us know is what his budget was to start with but we can work some examples

£18m starting budget plus £5m sales to date minus £12m Johnson = £9m remaining

£20m budget = £11m remaining

£25m budget = £16m remaining

I'll donate £100 to HJC if we have more than £25m net spend this summer so that means no more than £16m MAX to spend today plus whatever we raise from Dossena, Arbeloa and Voronin which will probably between £12-15m. So we're very dependant on getting Silva for less than £25m if we're going to have any money left for a back up striker OR CB. I'll also donate £100 to HJC that if we sell Alonso we don't spend more than £20m net this summer.

MUNDODEPORTIVO.es

Sunday July 05, 2009

Valdano travel to Liverpool to take Xabi Alonso

Eduardo Palacios - 05/07/2009 03:00

Jorge Valdano, director general of Madrid, will travel to Liverpool next week to try to close the signing of Xabi Alonso. The Argentine will have to negotiate with the new executive director of the 'reds', Christian Purslow.

However, the technical Liverpool, Rafa Benitez, is the head of the sport and no plan to release easily mediocentro Basque. At present, Liverpool was valued at 41 million euros. Valdano try anything to lower that amount, using a player that could be currency like the striker Alvaro Negredo.

A Arbeloa by Riera o!

Valdano not only negotiated by Xabi Alonso, but also by the lateral Arbeloa, which cost about 7 million. If this incorporation is not crystallized, Albert Riera on the left, who would be disbursed by over 13 million euros.

Carry on like an hysterical school girl if you like but you dont know what is going off behind the scenes.

Do you honestly think that a manager like Rafa is going to sell Alonso in the middle of July and then say to himself 'right i'd best start looking for another midfielder then'.

The chances are we already have deals lined up with more then one player incase Alonso is sold

If Rafa was desperate to sell Alonso he would have done so by now but the fact we hold all the cards regards Xabi meaning if Madrid want him then they have to pay on our terms not theres.

Alonso is still under a 3 year contract and has already said he is prepared to stay at Liverpool.

Add to that the fact that Madrid appear to forgot about the Champions League ruling regards homegrown players which means they will have to pay a premium for Alonso and to a lesser extent Arbeloa.

I think that's probably near the mark Coop. What about this sell on clause though? Is that genuine? Because if that's the case, then Real might wait until August, as there have been no other offers for Alonso as far as I know. If Real then come in with an offer and all of Benitez's transfer targets have gone elsewhere, that might mean he won't be able to sell him at all.

I'm not sure that we are in the financial state to 'line up' deals while not knowing if there's anything in the pot to pay them with. For teams holding our transfer targets, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush - and an early sale gives them leverage to spend before the window closes. I could be wrong of course, we may be swimming in it.

Hmm I wonder what happened to the career of the last Liverpool player who joined Real...

Allow me to be the first to piss myself laughing when Real end up languishing 3rd, 4th with their third new manager by Christmas.

Smithers: The journey is arduous and that's why you should all refer to your maps.

Homer: Mr.Smithers, I lost my map.

Smithers: You haven't been issued your maps.

Lenny: Did you hear something?

Karl: No.

Lenny: Did I?

Karl: I don't know.

Homer: Animals are crapping in our homes and we're picking it up. What's going on? Did we lose a war? That's not America, that's not even Mexico.

Smithers: The journey is arduous and that's why you should all refer to your maps.

Homer: Mr.Smithers, I lost my map.

Smithers: You haven't been issued your maps.

Lenny: Did you hear something?

Karl: No.

Lenny: Did I?

Karl: I don't know.

Homer: Animals are crapping in our homes and we're picking it up. What's going on? Did we lose a war? That's not America, that's not even Mexico.

Some comedy gold right there

On top of the £5-7m needed for Tuncay those Johnson figures are miles off. Firstly not all of the £7m is gratis for this year - some of it will have been accounted for in this transfer window anyway - say £2-3m of it, secondly ALL transfers these days include add ons and installment payments and these are factored into the transfer budget. If for example we pay £5m now and £5m over 24mths, the WHOLE amount would be taken from this years budget because this is normal practice - it's more complicated than this but I'll keep it straightforward for here.

Obviously what none of us know is what his budget was to start with but we can work some examples

£18m starting budget plus £5m sales to date minus £12m Johnson = £9m remaining

£20m budget = £11m remaining

£25m budget = £16m remaining

I'll donate £100 to HJC if we have more than £25m net spend this summer so that means no more than £16m MAX to spend today plus whatever we raise from Dossena, Arbeloa and Voronin which will probably between £12-15m. So we're very dependant on getting Silva for less than £25m if we're going to have any money left for a back up striker OR CB. I'll also donate £100 to HJC that if we sell Alonso we don't spend more than £20m net this summer.

Fine but that is still speculation as was my post so no one knows what is miles off and what isn't

I like this line from that article:

"Though money is seemingly in plentiful supply at the Bernabeu, Florentino Perez refuses to pay over the odds for any player."

Certainly rings true.

Apparently they've spent pretty much all the money they loaned, so now they need to sell before they can spend again.