You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He negs me as soon as it is possible to do so, but I am still green! I must have a big cock or something...

Now, you know that isn't true don't you.

Go back to ignoring me please.

Genius.

Did you have that picture waiting especially for an occasion like this?

Tada! popped into my head and google obliged.

I doubt we are after Lavezzi. Rafa said "we have no intention of doing so" on 09/06/2009.

liverpoolfc.tv: RAFA RESPONDS TO LAVEZZI RUMOURS

Rafa Benitez has dismissed reports Liverpool want to sign Napoli striker Ezequiel Lavezzi.

Speculation linking the Argentine with a move to Anfield has been fuelled by the player's agent over the last few days.

Benitez, though, is adamant no deal is in the pipeline.

"We never contacted Lavezzi and we have no intention of doing so," he said. "We want to put a stop to these rumours."

Sticking out wide would be totally pointless given that his strength is to come from deep, score the odd goal and buzz around the 18 yard box.

So where does that Arshavin fella play for Arsenal then? Yep, out wide, even though he has got the exact same qualities you mention there.

Actually it is pretty much the common place for a smallish skillful dribbler these days.

I don't think there is much in the Lavezzi rumours though, seeing as Rafa in a rare statement on the offal said we are not interested in him.

So where does that Arshavin fella play for Arsenal then? Yep, out wide, even though he has got the exact same qualities you mention there.

Actually it is pretty much the common place for a smallish skillful dribbler these days.

I don't think there is much in the Lavezzi rumours though, seeing as Rafa in a rare statement on the offal said we are not interested in him.

He has done that a few times now. Stopping rumours before they even start.

Spanish tansfer expert on Newstalk today says there will be on the record comments from Alonso in the spanish press along lines of " my transfer to Marid is not impossible". He reckons typical way Madrid do business they have talked to Alonso and want him to start agitating for a move. Apparently Madrid confident a deal can be done for around 30 million euros

Spanish tansfer expert on Newstalk today says there will be on the record comments from Alonso in the spanish press along lines of " my transfer to Marid is not impossible". He reckons typical way Madrid do business they have talked to Alonso and want him to start agitating for a move. Apparently Madrid confident a deal can be done for around 30 million euros

Already on Sly.

Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso insists he would have 'no regrets' about staying at Anfield, but has refused to rule out a big-money move to Real Madrid.

The Spain international, who scored the winning goal for his country in Sunday's Confederations Cup third-placed play-off win over hosts South Africa, has been strongly linked with a £25million switch to the Bernabeu over the past 12 months.

Alonso looked set to be sold last summer in order to make room for Gareth Barry, then of Aston Villa, before the deal collapsed and the 27-year-old is understood to have been offended by manager Rafa Benitez's apparent desire to cash in.

Benitez maintains that he does not want to part company with the influential former Real Sociedad player, but Real are understood to remain keen to team Alonso with the likes of Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo as they form a new era of 'galacticos'.

And Alonso is refusing to dismiss any outcome on his future, telling Don Balon: "In respect to all this I have not closed any door and we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Positive

"It is always positive when various teams are said to want you because that is better than nobody being interested, but I cannot say much more.

"I know that I have to keep playing well and will be able to decide what happens next whenever it arises.

"I do not think a move to Real Madrid is impossible, but I would also have no regrets at all staying at Liverpool."

Reports on Merseyside claim that Benitez is to hold clear-the-air talks with Alonso this week as the pair attempt to settle their rumoured bust-up.

No problem

The 61-time Spain cap insists he has no problem working with his current boss, who brought him to England in 2004, but has not expanded upon their association.

"My relationship with Benitez is professional, just like he has with any other player. I believe that is how things will stay too," Alonso continued.

"I am happy in England and have adapted, but I do miss certain things from Spain. I cannot rule out a move or even staying in the Premier League.

"I am happy there (England) and although I was a bit home sick at the start, I am still there.

"This situation is normal for me because I know what is actually happening, away from what is being reported. For that reason I am perfectly calm."

Guest RafaIsRafa
selling toure? that seems very strange, an excellent player and very good in the holding midfield role too.

Their supporters have been saying how shite he is for two years.

Nottingham Forest have wrapped up the permanent signing of Liverpool winger Paul Anderson for £250,000.

Anderson, 20, spent last season on loan at the City Ground and has agreed a three-year contract.

Swansea City were also keen to land Anderson, who was on loan at the Welsh club during the 2007-2008 season, and also had a bid accepted by Liverpool.

Anderson, who missed the early part of the season because of injury, made 28 appearances for the Reds.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | N | Nottm Forest | Forest swoop for Liverpool winger