You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Bad weird little gimps

That chap only died last week, Winston Rea, I was only listening a podcast about him last night. 

He was was interviewed by some college in Boston about part he played in the troubles, the tapes weren't supposed to be used until after his death, needless to say, they were used straight away 

He admitted to organising the murder of two innocent Catholic men, one of them was on the evening of the uvf ceasefire. The ceasefire was kicking in at midnight, he was against the ceasefire, so to try and disable it, he made a bogus call to a taxi company, and murdered the taxi driver. How fucking cold is that. 

Good riddance. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

That chap only died last week, Winston Rea, I was only listening a podcast about him last night. 

He was was interviewed by some college in Boston about part he played in the troubles, the tapes weren't supposed to be used until after his death, needless to say, they were used straight away 

He admitted to organising the murder of two innocent Catholic men, one of them was on the evening of the uvf ceasefire. The ceasefire was kicking in at midnight, he was against the ceasefire, so to try and disable it, he made a bogus call to a taxi company, and murdered the taxi driver. How fucking cold is that. 

Good riddance. 

Horrible bastard. I listened to one about that shooting when Ireland played Italy in USA94. Two fellas burst into a pub and just opened up on people having a pint watching the match. One of them owns a food van not even far from where it happened. 

Ireland played N Ireland last night in a womens international ********* match. The Irish anthem was played for the first time ever at Windsor Park. That's fucked up when you think about it, really brings home how mental it was up there. The men played many times at times of relative peace.

Just now, Section_31 said:

Mate of ours just moved back to NI and the first thing he got asked when he started a new job was whether he was catholic or protestant. Mad in this day and age. He's gay too, him and his husband own a dog as well - a springer spaniel. 

Well? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Liverpool Sectarianism: The Rise and Demise: Amazon.co.uk: Keith Daniel Roberts: 9781786940100: Books

wouldnt mind getting this but they always seem to be dead pricey. 

Hahaha fucking hell 95 for the hardback, 29 for a used paperback and 19 quid for a new paperback. I'd give the new paperback a go. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, No2 said:

Ireland played N Ireland last night in a womens international ********* match. The Irish anthem was played for the first time ever at Windsor Park. That's fucked up when you think about it, really brings home how mental it was up there. The men played many times at times of relative peace.

There was piece on the BBC about a girl who plays for the Republic playing against her partner who plays for NI. Both English born too.

Hopefully the DUP loons read it and imploded.

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Mate of ours just moved back to NI and the first thing he got asked when he started a new job was whether he was catholic or protestant. Mad in this day and age. He's gay too, him and his husband own a dog as well - a springer spaniel. 

I only spent a weekend up there two weeks ago, I did one of those blank taxi tours, where they bring you around the Shankill and the falls road. 

It's mental, there's still basically a Berlin style wall going through areas of the city, they call them, "peace walls" . As a Dublin man, I honestly didn't know they existed, 

And one of the maddest things, the wall we saw seperates the falls road from the Shankill, and the adjoining roads have massive big gates, that then get closed at 6.30 every night. So during the day you can drive between the two areas, but at night. Nope, not a chance. Mad isn't it

• Upvote 1

I only spent a weekend up there two weeks ago, I did one of those blank taxi tours, where they bring you around the Shankill and the falls road. 

It's mental, there's still basically a Berlin style wall going through areas of the city, they call them, "peace walls" . As a Dublin man, I honestly didn't know they existed, 

And one of the maddest things, the wall we saw seperates the falls road from the Shankill, and the adjoining roads have massive big gates, that then get closed at 6.30 every night. So during the day you can drive between the two areas, but at night. Nope, not a chance. Mad isn't it

I

UfzjEL2ho4Wg-1.gif

• 1 month later...
On 06/12/2023 at 16:51, Section_31 said:

I'll overlook the religion and the gay thing, but fuck me, a springer spaniel ?

On 06/12/2023 at 16:51, Section_31 said:

I only learned recently about the apparently huge cultural significance of pronouncing H as "aitch" or "haitch".

The conflict between the Big-Endians and Little-Endians in Gulliver's Travels suddenly doesn't seem so ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I only learned recently about the apparently huge cultural significance of pronouncing H as "aitch" or "haitch".

The conflict between the Big-Endians and Little-Endians in Gulliver's Travels suddenly doesn't seem so ridiculous.

Must have been extra complicated when Steps were on tour.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Storemont back up and running with these two cheeky little numbers at the helm. I say we let East meet west, and let's build ourselves a golden bridge.

Screenshot_20240203_192850_BBC News.jpg

can we put this picture in the "threesome thread" 

that unionist one is smoking hot!!!, O'Neill would be your guilty council estate bit on the side

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

that unionist one is smoking hot!!!, O'Neill would be your guilty council estate bit on the side

Yeah they were on the bbc news 24 before and I was close to cracking one off.

O'Neil has the added advantage of almost certainly taking it up the bum to avoid going to hell, or limbo at the very least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Storemont back up and running with these two cheeky little numbers at the helm. I say we let East meet west, and let's build ourselves a golden bridge.

Screenshot_20240203_192850_BBC News.jpg

+Stormont.

Ill just fuck off now

So what you're saying is Emma Little-Pengelly is smoked salmon vol-au-vents, and Michelle O'Neill is cheese and pineapple on a stick.

• Upvote 1