You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

I have quite a long unruly garden that needs frequent trims and have been using a suped up strimmer (petrol powered brush cutter) for the past 5 years to cut the bastard as a mate told me it was quicker. Bought a black and decker mower and absolutely blitzed through it, enjoying every last moment. I have something now resembling a lawn.

My mate was talking absolute wham, brate.

I went to watch Stereophonics at The Racecourse on Saturday. I hated queuing to get in, I hated queuing for beer, I hated queuing for inadequate toilets. I hated the fact it was so busy. So I watched 4 songs and fucked off to my local 'before the rush'.

Legitimately middle aged!

• Upvote 1

I keep a bit of extra hate back for dandelions, Cunts of the the weed world.

They can’t be bargained with. They can’t be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

• Upvote 1

I have quite a long unruly garden that needs frequent trims and have been using a suped up strimmer (petrol powered brush cutter) for the past 5 years to cut the bastard as a mate told me it was quicker. Bought a black and decker mower and absolutely blitzed through it, enjoying every last moment. I have something now resembling a lawn.

My mate was talking absolute wham, brate.

you should go at your mate with the strimmer.  Fucking strimmer.

It’s my birthday today - which in itself makes me realise I’m getting older, literally - but Facebook has just reminded me I was in Paris for my birthday las year with the girl I was seeing, and I’d tell tally forgot.

Knew I went to Paris with her but forgot it was on my birthday and forgot it was only last year.

It’s my birthday today - which in itself makes me realise I’m getting older, literally - but Facebook has just reminded me I was in Paris for my birthday las year with the girl I was seeing, and I’d tell tally forgot.

Knew I went to Paris with her but forgot it was on my birthday and forgot it was only last year.

Happy Birthday. Its mine too, its going to be as boring this year as last year

Buying clothes/accessories because they look like they'll last for years

Me and the Mrs have come to the conclusion I'm having a midlife crisis because I'm thinking about taking up camping and canoeing, had my head shaved and have pondered the idea of a black stud earing. 

• Upvote 1

Me and the Mrs have come to the conclusion I'm having a midlife crisis because I'm thinking about taking up camping and canoeing, had my head shaved and have pondered the idea of a black stud earing.

Nothing wrong with camping, canoeing and shaving your head, but earrings are for pirates and gangsta footballers.

I had my ear pierced, when I was 15, against my dad’s wishes, although I haven’t worn an earring since I was about 17. Looking back at old photies, my dad was right, I looked a right knob.

• Upvote 1

Hiya mate.  I've bought loads of gear to go out with ToddleD in a few weeks now the weather is better.  Get yourself a knife we can go together and carve spoons 

• Upvote 1

Hiya mate.  I've bought loads of gear to go out with ToddleD in a few weeks now the weather is better.  Get yourself a knife we can go together and carve spoons 

I think I'm looking for hobbies because I'm bored all the time. Don't see the Mrs all night as she's a teacher shoved away in our box room planning, so just end up on my phone or watching shite on Netflix. Needs to get some hobbies pronto.

Trimmer for nose and ears ordered, it is the beginning of the end

Careful with the nose. I trimmed the fuck out of mine when I got one. The snot was pissing out of it for weeks and it got all red raw and horrible sore as fuck. I just trim the protruding bits now.