You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

I had the misfortune of travelling in a motor car yesterday that had radio 1 on; I couldn't understand the DJ never mind the music.

Fucking yoof.

So my car radios reception is shit. I've been listening to smooth which has a playlist of about 15 songs some of which are ed fucking sheeran and Adele, some are pretty good.

In despair i searched on way home and got radio one. Fucking bilge.

Be an oldie rocker and listen to Planet Rock.

So my car radios reception is shit. I've been listening to smooth which has a playlist of about 15 songs some of which are ed fucking sheeran and Adele, some are pretty good.

In despair i searched on way home and got radio one. Fucking bilge.

I don't understand why people moan about listening to the radio in a car. Just throw a USB stick on with all your own music on, bingo, bango, sugar in the gas tank. Or, if your car isn't "modern"... play a CD 

Went to watch a none league team last night, had a few pints and as we're on a "healthy week" at home I decided to get a burger and chips on my way back home.

Saw a lad who lives over the road from my mum and was speaking to him.  He said "Your baby is getting big now, how old is she?" I told him she was 3 and he said "I feel well old I remember when she was born"

Fucking hell, I remember when this lad was born, remember the banners on the windows of his mums house, remember his older sister dropping him in the front yard when he was about 1 and his ma battering his sister and a host of other memories from his life.  He's 18 now.

HHNNNGGGHHHHH

• Upvote 2

Stayed at a mates house on Saturday and spent a good ten minutes on Sunday morning cooing over his bird's new iron whilst running it over my jeans and shirt. It was boss, all flashing lights and beeping sounds. Works like a charm as well. Loads better than my iron. I badly want one.

Could also be a post for the transgender thread.

• Upvote 2

Stayed at a mates house on Saturday and spent a good ten minutes on Sunday morning cooing over his bird's new iron whilst running it over my jeans and shirt. It was boss, all flashing lights and beeping sounds. Works like a charm as well. Loads better than my iron. I badly want one.

Don't apologise CT , no shame in taking pride in your ironing, I won't let anybody else iron my stuff & I am the go-to-guy if the wife , daughter or son-in-law want anything ironed correctly.

• Upvote 1

Creased me up that mate.

• Upvote 2