You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

Nothing worse than a sleep deprived middle aged woman to say things to wind you up. No matter how well she looks after herself. ;) I agree though, with few exceptions, baldy men in their 30s 40s 50s and beyond look old and battered. Zeke and Jean-Luc Picard obviously laugh in the face of such generalisations, but by and large its true.

Sleep deprived after cycling 100 miles through the night, no less

The women, on the whole, will have looked after themselves

A quick gander at the 'World of a woman' thread and you wonder how.

All the men will be fat and be losing their hair.

A quick gander at the 'World of a woman' thread and you realise why.

• Upvote 4

A quick gander at the 'World of a woman' thread and you wonder how.

A quick gander at the 'World of a woman' thread and you realise why.

Just reporting my experience. That thread bewilders me

Nothing worse than a sleep deprived middle aged woman to say things to wind you up.  No matter how well she looks after herself.   ;)  I agree though, with few exceptions, baldy men in their 30s 40s 50s and beyond look old and battered. Zeke and Jean-Luc Picard obviously laugh in the face of such generalisations, but by and large its true.

And of course Stouffer.

Hades negged me for this innocent observation, the big baldy bastard.

• Upvote 1

I remember having 4 and i'm only 27. Were they 2?

I think we got 'cable' in about 1993, so the fucks must be early 20s or some shit. Different world.

My spell checker in work doesn't recognise the word Czechoslovakia, that's how bad the situation has become.

• Upvote 1

Guest davelfc

I remember having 4 and i'm only 27. Were they 2?

Posh bastard, we had three. tuning the Tv in those days was like being a safe breaker, twisting the dial until you had tuned it in correctly.

Some nights, if the air was clear, you'd come across some weird channel that seemed almost alien, HTV (Wales)

We were one of the first families to have a colour TV in our flats. My mum had a few little cleaning jobs and she managed to get enough that we could have a rental colour tv on some deal. It was a coin operated TV and it was amazing. The only problem was that when my mates or anyone else called round we had to switch it to black and white. Probably to stop it being the talk of the flats and probably because we might have only had a b/w licence. I'm not sure. If there was a colour tv show on we'd pretend we had to go out or do something so people would go so we could watch it in colour. 

I also remember as a kid I couldn't afford to go to a certain sport. So I had my radio and that cream coloured headphone (one ear) and I'd sit there listening to the coverage on the radio. Most of the time they didn't have commentary of the whole event and you just got updates. This little radio I had took six © yellow and white vidor batteries. They seemed to last for ever, unlike the piss weak batteries you get these days. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

I recently cut all my hair off really short for the first time in 10 years.  Because I can.

These days I have my hair really short permanently, grey hair looks better when shorter. Plus short hair has other benefits, stick your hair under the tap for a few seconds, rub it with a towel and jobs a good un.