You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cleaned out blockage from the outside drain this morning. I didn't even shriek like a little girl when the blockage came out and I got sprayed in shit

Obviously my missus should be impressed by my manliness and rewarding me but, even after two showers, she seems to be keeping a distance

That is brilliant Neko.  This starts tomorrow.  

Until you realise that you pay his phone bill and he starts figuratively skullfucking the data usage and racks up hundreds of pounds in internet charges.

I mean, that's what I'd do, anyway.

Mate of mine just bought a house that needs a load of work. He got it cheap and he's in the trade so he's getting everything at mate's rates as he knows someone to do practically every job that needs doing, which is everything apart from the roof, really. Anyway, I've been helping him rip all the old shit out and all the other work - he gave me a free bag of asbestos - so over the past month I've knocked down three walls to just the bare wooden frame, used a kango to drill off all the tiles in the kitchen and bathroom, as well as drill out the two old fireplaces in the front and back room. Add to that chiseling off all the picture rails and skirting boards in all the other rooms in the house, and the various trips to the skip, and I've spent every Saturday bar yesterday working 9-5 doing proper manly shit.

Got to wait a few weeks for the extension to get built and the plastering to get done, then we'll have to get cracking on the painting, which is a piece of piss, really. In the meantime I went to Ikea on Friday and bought two new chest of drawers, a mirror and various other bits, and am currently Polyfilling all the, ahem, cracks and holes on my walls to get them ready to start painting tomorrow or Tuesday.

*does Hulk Hogan muscle pose*

Having a fight with black mould at the moment on some of the Windows in ours. Getting round it with made up bleach spray and leaving Windows on latch whichis helping immensely.

Any tips for a long term fix? I rent and landlords are great so they'd probably pay for a dehumidifier but then it's us running it etc

Mate of mine just bought a house that needs a load of work. He got it cheap and he's in the trade so he's getting everything at mate's rates as he knows someone to do practically every job that needs doing, which is everything apart from the roof, really. Anyway, I've been helping him rip all the old shit out and all the other work - he gave me a free bag of asbestos - so over the past month I've knocked down three walls to just the bare wooden frame, used a kango to drill off all the tiles in the kitchen and bathroom, as well as drill out the two old fireplaces in the front and back room. Add to that chiseling off all the picture rails and skirting boards in all the other rooms in the house, and the various trips to the skip, and I've spent every Saturday bar yesterday working 9-5 doing proper manly shit.

Got to wait a few weeks for the extension to get built and the plastering to get done, then we'll have to get cracking on the painting, which is a piece of piss, really. In the meantime I went to Ikea on Friday and bought two new chest of drawers, a mirror and various other bits, and am currently Polyfilling all the, ahem, cracks and holes on my walls to get them ready to start painting tomorrow or Tuesday.

*does Hulk Hogan muscle pose*

That's good of him.

There were a load of sacks full of rubbish that had to be loaded in to the van to go the skip, and halfway through me throwing them on he goes "oh, watch out, the ones over by the window have got asbestos in."

I, of course, with no mask on at the time, had picked up the bags by the window first.

Having a fight with black mould at the moment on some of the Windows in ours. Getting round it with made up bleach spray and leaving Windows on latch whichis helping immensely.

Any tips for a long term fix? I rent and landlords are great so they'd probably pay for a dehumidifier but then it's us running it etc

stop breathing?

We have the same on the sealant on our bedroom window. An occasional treatment with Domestos sorts it until the next time. That's what your old toothbrushes are for. 

Sent from Out of Hours back up for Kim and Aggie