You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Space Thread

Section_31

In a perverse way, you have to admire people who stick to their guns about;

the Earth being flat and not round

believes earth is the centre of the Universe

man hasnt escaped Earth's atmosphere

the Moon landings didnt happen

etc, etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Its probably more one for the conspiracy theory thread, but it annoys me that there doesn't seem to be any middle ground when it comes to stuff like that. Its like you've got to believe everything is as the media/government tell you, or you're a Mel Gibson style tinfoil hat wearing freak.

Is it not ok just to think some things might just be a teensy bit dodgy? All of the ones Jimmy has listed are clearly bollocks, by the way.

Zander said...

ERIC PLEASE READ. 

I have been an advocate for the flat earth for months thanks to your research. I have been debating my family and even got grounded by my parents a couple times when i lost my patience (I was still in high school at the time). I have weakened relationships and even lost friends all together because of my need to show those around me the truth. I completely believe the earth is flat and want to spread the message as much as possible. I have downloaded and printed multiple copies of your 200 proof book and dispersed them to my friends and even their parents. I am letting you know this because i was banned from The International Flat Earth Research Society i believe twice now. I either created a thread when i shouldn't have or an admin took me as a shill. I even messaged you a couple months ago about an introduction, math proof, and index i made to supplement your 200 proof book. This all being said i can not allow myself to be banned from the forum as i need to learn more. Please do not ignore this message and help me someway be able to access the forum again.

September 5, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Jesus. This kids throwing his life away because of the brainwashing of the tinfoil hatted cunts.

Stop the fucking bus. I have been converted.

189) The Bible, Koran, Srimad Bhagavatam, and many other holy books describe and purport the existence of a geocentric, stationary flat Earth. For example, 1 Chronicles 16:30 and Psalm 96:10 both read, “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.” And Psalm 93:1 says, “The world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.” The Bible also repeatedly affirms that the Earth is “outstretched” as a plane, with the outstretched heavens everywhere above (not all around) giving a scriptural proof the Earth is not a spinning ball.

Its probably more one for the conspiracy theory thread, but it annoys me that there doesn't seem to be any middle ground when it comes to stuff like that. Its like you've got to believe everything is as the media/government tell you, or you're a Mel Gibson style tinfoil hat wearing freak.

Is it not ok just to think some things might just be a teensy bit dodgy? All of the ones Jimmy has listed are clearly bollocks, by the way.

Not sure what you mean by middle ground to be honest. Something like these subjects is either one way or the other. I dont know if you watch the Ancient Aliens programme and Brad Meltzer (or whatever he's called) on tv. Its quite entertaining and you have to admire the ingenuity of the producers \ presenters at their presentation.

But its always couched in 'What if I told you.......,' 'Is it possible........' and 'We couldnt do this today so.......' Its all bollocks. Just because we dont know how the ancients built Stonehenge doesnt mean a 3 eyed, 4 toed blue skinned alien made it for them.

There's lots of knowledge thats been lost over the millenia. Id love to know how ancient peoples made huge heavy blocks that fit together with pinpoint accuracy and tiny gaps between them. But there's no conspiracy there, there's no alien involvement there in my opinion, just a technique thats been lost forever.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not sure what you mean by middle ground to be honest. Something like these subjects is either one way or the other. I dont know if you watch the Ancient Aliens programme and Brad Meltzer (or whatever he's called) on tv. Its quite entertaining and you have to admire the ingenuity of the producers \ presenters at their presentation.

But its always couched in 'What if I told you.......,' 'Is it possible........' and 'We couldnt do this today so.......' Its all bollocks. Just because we dont know how the ancients built Stonehenge doesnt mean a 3 eyed, 4 toed blue skinned alien made it for them.

There's lots of knowledge thats been lost over the millenia. Id love to know how ancient peoples made huge heavy blocks that fit together with pinpoint accuracy and tiny gaps between them. But there's no conspiracy there, there's no alien involvement there in my opinion, just a technique thats been lost forever.

Well we know thats not the case anyway because Stonehenge is in Wiltshire not on County Road 

Can any brain box explain to me how scientists now reckon we are detecting light from the big bang.

How if everything came from the BB can the stuff that formed earth travel billions of miles then take billions of years to form where we are now,can light which is the fastest moving thing possible,only just be reaching us now. How can that be?

Can any brain box explain to me how scientists now reckon we are detecting light from the big bang.

How if everything came from the BB can the stuff that formed earth travel billions of miles then take billions of years to form where we are now,can light which is the fastest moving thing possible,only just be reaching us now. How can that be?

Er....

Can you field this one, Dr. Jim?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0754t74/the-beginning-and-end-of-the-universe-1-the-beginning

Because the distances are so large that it has taken that length of time for the light to travel to us. We are actually looking into the past, as that light was 14 billion years ago. If by some magic we could transport ourselves right to the origin of the light, it would look completely different than we see it now. Not sure if that explanation helps! It is mind boggling though how vast the distance is; getting to grips with that helps to understand it a bit better.

The main thing to understand for this, I think, is that the initial expansion of the universe occured at a much higher speed than the speed of light, in a manner of speaking. Now, this is not really true, because space itself was created in that process and it isn't really comparable to light travelling through that space. But to understand it better you could think of it that way. So a photon could have been transported to the "edge of the universe" within a fraction of a second and then started making its way towards earth, reaching it a Brazillion years later.

The underlying principle of warp drive in Star Trek is based on the real theory that, although there is a limit to how fast something can move through space, there is no limit to how fast space itself can move.

That messes with my head - the idea that the expansion of the Universe wasn't a case of the objects in the Universe moving away from each other through space; it was the space itself that was expanding (meaning that objects in a 14 billion year-old Universe can be more than 14 billion light years apart).

Are you a ball-believer?

23) Ball-believers often claim “gravity” magically and inexplicably drags the entire lower-atmosphere of the Earth in perfect synchronization up to some undetermined height where this progressively faster spinning atmosphere gives way to the non-spinning, non-gravitized, non-atmosphere of infinite vacuum space. Such non-sensical theories are debunked, however, by rain, fireworks, birds, bugs, clouds, smoke, planes and projectiles all of which would behave very differently if both the ball-Earth and its atmosphere were constantly spinning Eastwards at 1000mph.

93) The St. George’s Channel between Holyhead and Kingstown Harbor near Dublin is 60 miles across. When half-way across a ferry passenger will notice behind them the light on Holyhead pier as well as in front of them the Poolbeg light in Dublin Bay. The Holyhead Pier light is 44 feet high, while the Poolbeg lighthouse 68 feet, therefore a vessel in the middle of the channel, 30 miles from either side standing on a deck 24 feet above the water, can clearly see both lights. On a ball Earth 25,000 miles in circumference, however, both lights should be hidden well below both horizons by over 300 feet!

flat-lighthouse.jpg

Look at that curvature that they reckon "ball-believers" claim.  Extrapolate that curve (which represents 60 miles) to a circle and you'd have a circumference of about 600-700 miles.  I don't know any "ball-believers" who think the world is that small.