You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

What marvel films do I need to have seen for infinity war to make sense?

I've seen:

Avengers Assemble

The Thor films

First Iron Man

Winter soldier

First Gaurdians of the galaxy

Civil War

I’d say you’re pretty good. All you need to know really is that Thanos is on his way to fuck shit up and he needs all the Infinity Stones to do that. Thor.Ragnarok is the last film I’d say you may need to see to appreciate where we pick up with him in Infinity War but if you’ve seen that you’re good to go.

On top of the ones you’ve mentioned you’ve already seen I’d recommend seeing Dr Strange and Spider-Man: Homecoming but they aren’t crucial, just both good films also and both feature quite a bit in Infinity War.

Can’t wait to see it again now. Hoping to see it again this week.

Really, really good, well made film.

I’d say you’re pretty good. All you need to know really is that Thanos is on his way to fuck shit up and he needs all the Infinity Stones to do that. Thor.Ragnarok is the last film I’d say you may need to see to appreciate where we pick up with him in Infinity War but if you’ve seen that you’re good to go.

On top of the ones you’ve mentioned you’ve already seen I’d recommend seeing Dr Strange and Spider-Man: Homecoming but they aren’t crucial, just both good films also and both feature quite a bit in Infinity War.

Can’t wait to see it again now. Hoping to see it again this week.

Really, really good, well made film.

Deffo Black Panther.

Infinity War 9/10. Not going to wax lyrical as RedKnight and others have covered it.

Thanos is a superb villain, multi-faceted, and like all great villains, steeped in tragedy. Great action, and some moments that will have you on a high, and others that floor you.

You could have fucked this up badly, Marvel, but you didn't. You delivered. Hat's off. Can't wait for the conclusion next year.

Of course Infinity war was hollow.

It was supremely entertaining and Thanos was genuinely threatening but....

None of the deaths meant anything. Black Panther has just become one of the biggest films of all time and Spider Man was a huge hit too. They both have sequels already in the works for release in the next couple of years.

Their deaths don't have any impact because you know they're coming back.

The opening scene was perfect because Loki and Heimdall are definitely dead and Hulk got his arse handed to him. It showed Thanos is not to be fucked with.

Why didn't Thanos just use the glove to supply the world with infinite food and water instead of killing 50% of the population?

None of the deaths meant anything. Black Panther has just become one of the biggest films of all time and Spider Man was a huge hit too. They both have sequels already in the works for release in the next couple of years.

The opening scene was perfect because Loki and Heimdall are definitely dead and Hulk got his arse handed to him. It showed Thanos is not to be fucked with.

Why didn't Thanos just use the glove to supply the world with infinite food and water instead of killing 50% of the population?

That spoiler is what stopped me giving it higher than an 8 as that’s the first thing my kids said when we got back in the car

There are never going to be any certain deaths when the Time Stone is in play, especially as Strange is clearly up to something. First he tells Stark he'll sacrifice others to protect it. Then he views all the possible futures and tells them in only one do they win. Then he's prepared to hand it off to Thanos pretty quickly when Stark's life is threatened. Yet when he does so, he looks at it as though he's communicating with it mentally, or programming it mentally, or casting a spell on it mentally. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out in the next part.

Thanos was killing half the population of every planet he conquered before getting the glove. Why would he think of giving more food instead with the glove? That would make no sense at all.

Thanos was killing half the population of every planet he conquered before getting the glove. Why would he think of giving more food instead with the glove? That would make no sense at all.

He wanted to 'save' the universe from overpopulation. Basically says "there's not enough to go around". He's got a fully powered gauntlet that can literally do anything so why doesn't he just feed the world instead of killing it? (Besides the fact that he's a psychopath of course!) There's no Lady Death to impress here

I'm just arguing silly points over a comic book movie anyway.

I enjoyed it though! Honestly!!

I went to see this reluctantly and found it very entertaining.

I've never seen an Avengers movie before and I'm not sure I was particularly disadvantaged. The pace was good, there were some funny lines in there and the storyline developed well.

It was very Game of Thrones-ey in places. Like very. Perhaps someone will tell me GOT is actually very Avengers-ey.

If I'm being picky, there were some seriously silly powers that could be drawn on by some of the characters which were then strangely unused minutes later, but like I cared. This is an Avengers movie.

Mr rb14 had no idea I was going and when I told him I had, to my surprise he said "Oh yes. It was very well reviewed in the FT weekend." Now there's a line I wasn't expecting.

Definitely an 8 for me.

• Upvote 1

He wanted to 'save' the universe from overpopulation. Basically says "there's not enough to go around". He's got a fully powered gauntlet that can literally do anything so why doesn't he just feed the world instead of killing it? (Besides the fact that he's a psychopath of course!) There's no Lady Death to impress here

I'm just arguing silly points over a comic book movie anyway.

I enjoyed it though! Honestly!!

As an aside the cinema I was in was packed, there were maybe 10-15 empty seats, and I've never known people leave any film in as much silence as they did yesterday. Usually there's always folk chatting about what they've just watched but this was as near opposite that as possible.

As an aside the cinema I was in was packed, there were maybe 10-15 empty seats, and I've never known people leave any film in as much silence as they did yesterday. Usually there's always folk chatting about what they've just watched but this was as near opposite that as possible.

Exactly. That’s why it wasn’t hollow. You can make all sorts of retrospective predictions that render big moments less impactful, but at the time, in the cinema, people were genuinely gob-smacked. Many times.

Exactly. That’s why it wasn’t hollow. You can make all sorts of retrospective predictions that render big moments less impactful, but at the time, in the cinema, people were genuinely gob-smacked. Many times.

I made no retrospective predictions. Maybe that was down to reading the comic itself a long time ago.

Of course there were 'Wow' moments, it's a Marvel film. They've always got them

As I said, I'm picking holes in a comic book movie that I enjoyed and would happily go and see again

• Upvote 1