You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Winter Soldier is easily the best Marvel film.

Yep. I gave it 10/10 on here when I first saw it and I haven’t changed my mind having seen it loads more times since. It’s fucking brilliant. Mind you, Civil War is nearly as good and it has improved with repeat viewings for me. The fact that they were both directed by the Russo brothers bodes very well for Infinity War which is due in a couple of weeks.

Obviously opinions vary, but I reckon 10/10 for Winter Soldier is outrageously high. 10/10 for means a masterpiece, perfection, probably multi-Oscar winning legendary movie. Winter Soldier and perfect don’t go together, in my view.

Might have given it 9 or 9.5 on reflection (can’t actually remember). However, it’s fucking boss.

While you make some good points above, I totally disagree with your Oscars criterion. Most of my 10/10 films won zip or only got technical awards: Jaws, Aliens, Shawshank, etc.

Bullet To The Head 8/10 - quality Walter Hill film on the sly this, good villains and a classy bluesy soundtrack

RockNRolla 8/10 - enjoyable little romp again with some well picked tunes interspersed with good dialogue

both rewatchable

Found out when watching dead mans shoes last week that the kid playing Considine’s little brother is the rock star in rock n rolla.

Anyway

DMS 9/10

RnR turned it off after half an hour as it was shite

Found out when watching dead mans shoes last week that the kid playing Considine’s little brother is the rock star in rock n rolla.

Anyway

DMS 9/10

RnR turned it off after half an hour as it was shite

Couldn't decide if I was offended or impressed by Tony kebbel in dead man's shoes.

When I try to an impression of someone disabled I get dodgy looks

Jaws - 10/10.

A perfect film, made all the better by the fact we went to see it in the Philarmonic with a live orchestra.

Absolutely brilliant night.

Watched it Sunday night after spotting it on netflix. Masterclass in film making. The fact that the shark kept breaking down was a massive blessing in disguise.

The whole Robert Shaw speach is the highlight though

Watched it Sunday night after spotting it on netflix. Masterclass in film making. The fact that the shark kept breaking down was a massive blessing in disguise.

The whole Robert Shaw speach is the highlight though

Yes, that whole speech inspired me to read as much as possible about the sinking of the USS Indianapolis and it's without a doubt one of the most astonishing and sad stories I've ever read. The book I read on it was an incredible account and well worth reading. I'm quite surprised I have not seen many movies or documentaries accounting the events.

Yes, that whole speech inspired me to read as much as possible about the sinking of the USS Indianapolis and it's without a doubt one of the most astonishing and sad stories I've ever read. The book I read on it was an incredible account and well worth reading. I'm quite surprised I have not seen many movies or documentaries accounting the events.

I was once on a Greyhound bus travelling from New York to New Orleans, a 2 day journey where I got chatting on to a load of the other passengers. I remember talking to this old guy wearing a green boiler suit and wearing an SS Indianapolis cap, it was the dead of night and most of the others would have been asleep, but for half an hour he relayed tales of clinging on to wreckage and objects as shark after shark came to feed upon his mates. Sobering stuff.

I remember the bus pulling into Houston sometime after midnight and some of us got off to stretch our legs and to go a have a piss. I was stood having a slash at the urinal when the same old boy hobbles in, stands at the urinal next to me and unceremoniously rips open his green boiler by it's press studs, pulling iy down to his ankles, completely stark bollock naked underneath. Queer old shark bait mental cunt.

A friend recommended a couple of films a while back, Spring Breakers and Sing Street. 

Started watching Spring Breakers on Friday night, i'm not one for switching off films before the end but in this case i've never seen as much garbage in my life, it went off after half an hour as i was hating it so much. Pretentious nonsense in which absolutely nothing happened.

Threw Sing Street on instead, had no idea what to expect, other than i was in a grim mood after subjecting myself to Spring Breakers, Turned out to be a boss little quirky Irish coming of age film 

I was once on a Greyhound bus travelling from New York to New Orleans, a 2 day journey where I got chatting on to a load of the other passengers. I remember talking to this old guy wearing a green boiler suit and wearing an SS Indianapolis cap, it was the dead of night and most of the others would have been asleep, but for half an hour he relayed tales of clinging on to wreckage and objects as shark after shark came to feed upon his mates. Sobering stuff.

I remember the bus pulling into Houston sometime after midnight and some of us got off to stretch our legs and to go a have a piss. I was stood having a slash at the urinal when the same old boy hobbles in, stands at the urinal next to me and unceremoniously rips open his green boiler by it's press studs, pulling iy down to his ankles, completely stark bollock naked underneath. Queer old shark bait mental cunt.

That would be enough to send anyone into turmoil, watching sharks take your mates away. The surprising thing about the accounts is that sharks only accounted for about a quarter of the deaths, with just as many being killed by their thirst forcing them to drink anything (drinking salty water is not a good idea, but when you have no choice you can understand the desperation), drowning through exhaustion and there even some who were killed when in their excitement at seeing a rescue vehicle en route, let go of their floating support and were too tired to stay afloat.

The Captain was Court-Marshalled and one the reasons he was convicted was because he didn't sail in a 'zig-zag' which apparently and allegedly makes tracking a boat through radar much more difficult. Although it's hard to prove this, if you don't do it, it is seen as a serious breach of protocol. The Japanse sub took them down in less than 15 minutes.

Saw a film a year or two back about it , with Nic Cage & Tom Sizemore in it. From memory it was ok but not fantastic.

Jaws - 10/10.

A perfect film, made all the better by the fact we went to see it in the Philarmonic with a live orchestra.

Absolutely brilliant night.

If anyone's interested, the Philarmonic are doing another of these events on Sept. 17th, but with Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

Yes, I will be going.

0553813609.jpg

The most sickening book i have ever read

Could not put it down but it was horrific reading

Captain America Civil War, 7/10, far too crammed with characters trying to set up about half a dozen other films. I've scoured the internet and I still can't suss why German police were in Bucharest and can only assume it's an American geography thing from the production staff.