You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Posting this for Shooter and any other folk that haven't seen all the Marvel films.

Referred to as the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe):

t1iKNb.jpg

Scheduled:

JeUzom.jpg

I've not seen Antman, Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange, Thor: Ragnarok or Black Panther.

If Black Panther is still at the cinema I will try and see that next Thursday, the others I am sure I can get on Terrarium to will play catch up on these. Good post, was wondering if there was a comprehensive list.

Deadpool is part of the X-Men which was sold to Fox back in the '90s. Any Deadpool or X-Men movie is based on a Marvel character but is not made by Marvel Studios or part of the MCU.

Well, that's quite complex but it makes sense.

Just looked into it and in the marvel comics Deadpool seems to have had interactions with Thanos. Wasn't Thanos in Infinity War?

https://read.marvel.com/#/book/39839

The film rights of Deadpool and Xmen are held by 20th Century Fox, not Marvel Film Studios/Disney.

Disney are buying 20th Century Fox and will own those film rights also but it’ll be completed in 2019 apparently.

The film rights of Deadpool and Xmen are held by 20th Century Fox, not Marvel Film Studios/Disney.

Disney are buying 20th Century Fox and will own those film rights also but it’ll be completed in 2019 apparently.

Well, that makes it even more complex. They could all feature together in the future. Fun.

Well, that makes it even more complex. They could all feature together in the future. Fun.

Oh yeah, considering 20th Century Fox own the film rights to Deadpool, X-Men and Fantastic Four I’d say that’s certain eventually.

Disney still don’t fully own the rights to Spider-Man (Sony Pictures part own them who made all the previous films featuring Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield) and look what’s happened with him becoming a major character in the Marvel films since Civil War/Spider-Man Homecoming and now Infinity War.

In that case they came to an agreement without rights being bought by Marvel. Anything can happen really.

Oh yeah, considering 20th Century Fox own the film rights to Deadpool, X-Men and Fantastic Four I’d say that’s certain eventually.

Disney still don’t fully own the rights to Spider-Man (Sony Pictures part own them) and look what’s happened with him becoming a major character in the Marvel films since Civil War/Spider-Man Homecoming and now Infinity War.

Blimey, Spiderman is owned by Sony? What a mess! But good point about being included so it's all possible if deals can be agreed. I was bored of all the different films but the new one has rekindled my interest. I can imagine that's a common reaction as it's a cracking movie.

Disney still don’t fully own the rights to Spider-Man (Sony Pictures part own them who made all the previous films featuring Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield) and look what’s happened with him becoming a major character in the Marvel films since Civil War/Spider-Man Homecoming and now Infinity War.

In that case they came to an agreement without rights being bought by Marvel. Anything can happen really.

Which then Sony ignore so they can make that Venom movie that nobody asked for.

Blimey, Spiderman is owned by Sony? What a mess! But good point about being included so it's all possible if deals can be agreed. I was bored of all the different films but the new one has rekindled my interest. I can imagine that's a common reaction as it's a cracking movie.

Eventually we’ll see Marvel Studios fully own the rights to everything simply as it’s a massive money making machine now and can afford it.

Back in the 1990’s when they didn’t have a film studio they sold rights to certain characters - although it’s worked out quite well for them you’d have to say.

The X-men being added to the Marvel cinematic universe would add even more to the films after the sequel to Infinity Wars, as like Spider-Man everyone knows the characters well.

Which then Sony ignore so they can make that Venom movie that nobody asked for.

I know and great point right there.

At least we’re not getting the young Aunt May film Sony were proposing a few years ago, in order to meet requirements of the rights (one Spider-Man film a year if I remember correctly)

Happy with Venom but can’t see how they can make it without mention of Spider-Man.

Waited Vemon in a film (forgetting Topher Grace in Spider-Man 3) since the late 80’s.

Hope it’s ok but I have my doubts about it as a series.

Disney still don’t fully own the rights to Spider-Man (Sony Pictures part own them) and look what’s happened with him becoming a major character in the Marvel films since Civil War/Spider-Man Homecoming and now Infinity War.

In that case they came to an agreement without rights being bought by Marvel.

Yeah this was all from well before marvel set up their own film studio when they were selling off rights to various franchises to try and stay afloat.

Michael Jackson almost bought Marvel outright purely so he could make a spiderman film and make himself spiderman. I think Stan Lee was the main guy to put a stop to that.

If I remember correctly part of the contract with Sony/fox etc is that if they go longer than 5 years without making an xmen/spiderman film then the rights automatically revert back to Marvel.

That's why they keep churning out the xmen and spiderman films, because if they don't they'll lose a valuable property and get nothing in return.

That's why Hulk has now reverted back to Marvel, and I think Fantastic 4 might have recently too.

Deadpool had a small cameo in one of the xmen film so he's lumped in with them.

And there was a dispute over quicksilver and scarlet witch, that they fought over, in the end the court said they can both have the rights and the characters so at one point they appeared in both films at the same time, and they came to a small agreement where marvel kept scarlet witch and binned off quicksilver and fox did the opposite.

Good to see it'll all be in one place eventually anyway.

Well except for the Marvel Netflix shows, Disney are starting their own streaming service so are unlikely to give up any more rights to Netflix.

Until Disney eventually buys Netflix anyway.

I didn't consider myself a nerd until just now, I've surprised myself by how much Marvel Knowledge I have.

Eventually we’ll see Marvel Studios fully own the rights to everything simply as it’s a massive money making machine now and can afford it.

Back in the 1990’s when they didn’t have a film studio they sold rights to certain characters - although it’s worked out quite well for them you’d have to say.

The X-men being added to the Marvel cinematic universe would add even more to the films after the sequel to Infinity Wars, as like Spider-Man everyone knows the characters well.

If they bring all the characters into their movies the possibilities are endless. They have been busy, Marvel Comics...

http://marvel.com/characters/browse

And there was a dispute over quicksilver and scarlet witch, that they fought over, in the end the court said they can both have the rights and the characters so at one point they appeared in both films at the same time, and they came to a small agreement where marvel kept scarlet witch and binned off quicksilver and fox did the opposite.

Great, I didn’t know most of that (especially the bit about Michael Jackson)

Quicksilver appeared on screen in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ and ‘Xmen: Days of Future past’ within a few months of each other.

Difference is in the Marvel film him and Scarlet Witch were referred to as ‘Enhanced’ as opposed to ‘Mutants’, again due to film rights.

624b9e4ddeb387b613b488c500c0ecbb.jpg

Great, I didn’t know most of that (especially the bit about Michael Jackson)

Quicksilver appeared on screen in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ and ‘Xmen: Days of Future past’ within a few months of each other.

Difference is in the Marvel film him and Scarlet Witch were referred to as ‘Enhanced’ as opposed to ‘Mutants’, again due to film rights.

624b9e4ddeb387b613b488c500c0ecbb.jpg

They look like the campest superheroes there has ever been.