You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The Wolf of Wall Street.

Not sure if I loved it or hated it. Started quite humorously, but got a bit silly.

7/10

The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford.

Possibly my favourite film of the last decade. A real slow burner, lengthy, but awesome cinematography, direction, soundtrack, casting and acting.The last quarter of this film is a masterclass, and the performance of Casey Affleck, and his haunted melancholy will long stay in the memory.

Don't do this often, but 10/10

• Upvote 2

12 Years A Slave.

I know what I was watching was good but I can't say I enjoyed it but it was powerful stuff & I'm not ashamed to say I welled up a bit at the end.

Great performances again. Fassbender plays a great cunt - the whipping scene is genuinely disturbing. Some great one shot scenes as well.

I'm not not going give it a score but if you like powerful & emotive stuff, I'd check it out.

Flash Gordon...I cant decide whether to give it 0/10 or 10/10...compelling viewing but probably for all the wrong reasons. So bad its good.

Its fucking ace. Go with 11/10

10 for the soundtrack alone.

Queen in their pomp. The soundtrack behind the whole final battle sequence (War Rocket Ajax right through to the attack on the city) is fucking amazing.

12 Years A Slave.

I know what I was watching was good but I can't say I enjoyed it but it was powerful stuff & I'm not ashamed to say I welled up a bit at the end.

Great performances again. Fassbender plays a great cunt - the whipping scene is genuinely disturbing. Some great one shot scenes as well.

I'm not not going give it a score but if you like powerful & emotive stuff, I'd check it out.

Exactly how I felt about it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Total Recall 2012.  5/10.

Good world building and brownie points for not retreading the Mars plot. But that's where the good ends.

Lines of dialogue are appropriated from the original without any real reason and to no good effect. Farrell is a sub-standard future Jason Bourne. Beckinsale only gets the nod because she's Wiseman's wife, and Biel is as vapid and one-dimensional as I've ever seen her in a film.

The charm of the original was in it's larger than life characters, over the top action, and cheesey one liners - all of which are sucked from the modern version with a fanaticism for harder science fiction. Nothing wrong with that if you have the script and performances to make it strong, but unfortunately this doesn't. 

• Upvote 1