You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We would have spine with Mourinho in charge

JMARKH

KevieG is worse than Rashid - at least occasionally you get a semblance of a decent point from him. Proper fucking gobshite you are.

---------------------

I wonder if Man Utd supporters used to say that Ferguson "will never/can't win the league. Did well in Scotland and all that but its different here"

If the only proof that you can, is that you have, what chance is there for anyone?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest World Party

Would it be fair to say he's already proven himself in Europe by winning the EC with Porto, who some would say were a weaker side than the one Rafa won it with?

I know Rafa got the better of him recently, but he was two lots of penalties away from reaching two Champions League finals in three seasons, so it's not like he's some sort of European novice.

What Mourinho did at Chelsea was going for short term success. Too much was happening too fast, he never had a plan that would bring the club forward year by year. Now Chelsea are suffering from what he did over there - stuck with players who are willing to work only when they´re winning. You don´t think Rafa is the better manager? Let´s see him bring in David Villa and about three or four 20M-players, then we could actually compare the two.

KevieG is worse than Rashid - at least occasionally you get a semblance of a decent point from him. Proper fucking gobshite you are.

---------------------

I wonder if Man Utd supporters used to say that Ferguson "will never/can't win the league. Did well in Scotland and all that but its different here"

If the only proof that you can, is that you have, what chance is there for anyone?

Easy on the personals lad.

I've backed all my points up without having to resort to usings the terms gobshite/classless/cunt(not all by you this time). Rafa is never going to win this league, when he gets the boot, be it in 6 months or 2 years he won't have done so.

We are a pity this season, and it began before all this owners business blew up. Everyones got an excuse these days. Rafa is showing no signs whatsoever of getting to grips with this league, there is no improvement in the team, no improvement in the style of play and no improvement in terms of points. 4 years is enough to warrant some of this.

I've backed all my points up without having to resort to usings the terms gobshite/classless/cunt(not all by you this time). Rafa is never going to win this league, when he gets the boot, be it in 6 months or 2 years he won't have done so.

We are a pity this season, and it began before all this owners business blew up. Everyones got an excuse these days. Rafa is showing no signs whatsoever of getting to grips with this league, there is no improvement in the team, no improvement in the style of play and no improvement in terms of points. 4 years is enough to warrant some of this.

Mourinho's a cunt. Mourinho's not coming to us anyway. As far as I can see, that pretty much deals with everything you've ever posted on here.

Mourinho's a cunt. Mourinho's not coming to us anyway. As far as I can see, that pretty much answers everything you've ever posted on here. Care to pop off now, Kevie?

Maybe he is, maybe he's not. Whats not in doubt is that he'd be better than the man in the job right now.

Even though I absolutely hated him when he was at Chelsea, you have got to admit he was quite funny.

And there is one thing he never did, and thats FUCKING ROTATE PLAYERS. He played the same system that he thought was a winning one whether you liked the style or not and stuck to it. He didnt pick his team depending on who we played, he played his strongest team every week.

HE wasnt a loner either.He had a laugh with the players and put his arm around them, not kepep his distance. His Chelsea teams stuck together which showed when they won each game the way they celebrated. I can understand why people dislike him but I think he would not be as smug at Liverpool. I think give it time he would have the blue shite going mental with his comments.

Don't want to piss on your bonfire mate,but you should check up on that statement about rotating players.You will find that Ferguson,Rafa and Mad Mo rotated roughly the same amount of times every year.If I remember correctly there was 1 or 2 rotations seperating the three of them.

Have to admit I thought we would have chance with Rafa as boss to win prem.Sadly I think that was more heart than head him doing it.If I am honest then no I don't think we will win it with Rafa in charge.Apart from Chelski with Mo which he basically bought the prem title,No team that is set up with defence first then attack wins the prem.Let's face the fact even Rafa say's that is how he sets up.Look at the other teams in prem by that the ones who win it.It's attack first then defend,even if they go behind they have the set up to turn the game around.Liverpool esp this season apart from Torres maybe Gerrard can find the net(Benny also doing ok).I can't see Rafa changing his style now,but you also have to remember if we get another in to take over then will likes Gerrard etc stay here.They aint as young as they were an time is slowly starting to run out for them.

Difference between Mourinho/Fergie/Wenger and Rafa on rotation is that Rafa is obsessed with it whereas the other three keep a core team that play virtually every game. It is not the number of rotations but the personnel rotated that we should look at.

Check your facts, you big fact checker.

Difference between Mourinho/Fergie/Wenger and Rafa on rotation is that Rafa is obsessed with it whereas the other three keep a core team that play virtually every game. It is not the number of rotations but the personnel rotated that we should look at.

Tell me how you can justify any of your sweeping statements, tired cliches and incorrect analysis from the following:

Liverpool

Reina 24

Jamie Carragher 23

Steven Gerrard 21

Torres 19

Sami Hyypiä 18

Arbeloa 18

Javier Mascherano 16

Steve Finnan 15

John Arne Riise 15

Dirk Kuyt 14

Yossi Benayoun 11

Jermaine Pennant 10

Andriy Voronin 10

Alonso 9

Fábio Aurélio 8

Harry Kewell 8

Peter Crouch 5

Ryan Babel 5

Daniel Agger 4

Lucas 3

Martin Škrtel 1

Mancs

Rio Ferdinand 24

Patrice Evrá 23

Nemanja Vidic' 23

Wes Brown 22

Carlos Tévez 22

Edwin van der Sar 20

Ronaldo 20

Ryan Giggs 19

Wayne Rooney 16

Michael Carrick 15

Owen Hargreaves 12

Paul Scholes 12

Anderson 11

Nani 11

Tomasz Kuszczak 5

John O'Shea 5

Piqué 3

Ji-Sung Park 3

Louis Saha 3

Mikaël Silvestre 2

Darren Fletcher 2

Danny Simpson 1

Chris Eagles 1

Chelsea

Petr Cech 19

Joe Cole 18

Ashley Cole 17

Alex 17

Shaun Wright-Phillips 17

Belletti 16

Frank Lampard 15

Michael Essien 14

Mikel John Obi 14

Salomon Kalou 14

Florent Malouda 13

Carvalho 12

John Terry 11

Tal Ben-Haim 10

Didier Drogba 10

Claude Makelélé 9

Ferreira 8

Andriy Shevchenko 8

Steve Sidwell 7

Wayne Bridge 6

Michael Ballack 6

Carlo Cudicini 4

Claudio Pizarro 4

Hilário 2

Nicolas Anelka 3

Ben Sahar

Franco Di Santo

Arsenal

Gaël Clichy 25

Bakari Sagna 23

Almunia 22

Mathieu Flamini 22

Emmanuel Adebayor 22

Kolo Touré 21

Fàbregas 21

Aliaksandr Hleb 20

William Gallas 19

Tomáš Rosický 15

Emmanuel Eboué 13

Eduardo 11

Philippe Senderos 8

Abou Diaby 7

Robin van Persie 7

Gilberto Silva 5

Theo Walcott 4

Jens Lehmann 3

Justin Hoyte 1

Denílson 1

Nicklas Bendtner 1

Luke Freeman

You cannot possibly back that assertion up unless you can see the future "Lad"

Guest World Party
Don't want to piss on your bonfire mate,but you should check up on that statement about rotating players.You will find that Ferguson,Rafa and Mad Mo rotated roughly the same amount of times every year.If I remember correctly there was 1 or 2 rotations seperating the three of them.

Those stats are a bit misleading. They don't tell you how many changes are made from game to game. Not only that, they don't take into account system and formation changes.

But system changes are also wrong apparently.

This is England, we should be playing 442 not confusing players with weird formations like 451 or 433 it's more than their brains can cope with. Obviously the fact that Mourinho would change formation 2 or 3 times during a game are, much like the rotation stats, irrelevant.

Guest World Party

That's a bit misleading too. I'm sure a settled side would have no problems dealing with various formation or system changes throughout a game. But when you are making 4 or 5 personnel change from game to game and also implementing new systems, then it's difficult for the players to build any kind of fluency or cohesion.

That's a bit misleading too. I'm sure a settled side would have no problems dealing with various formation or system changes throughout a game. But when you are making 4 or 5 personnel change from game to game and also implementing new systems, then it's difficult for the players to build any kind of fluency or cohesion.

But we've established Chelsea rotate as much as us and change formation as much if not more and remained consistent.

Guest World Party

We have?

I really doubt that Chelsea make the same amount of system and personnel changes that we do from game to game, which is the most important stat. I'm sure the numbers are very similar over the course of a long season, as they are with most of the top clubs, but that doesn't tell the full story.

If you are right and Chelsea do make the same amount of changes and still stay consistent, then what's our excuse?