You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

GTA

Thants

I've got a huge robot chubby for the games coming soon to PS3 (and 360, before the whiney 360 owners get arsey).

You got your PS3 yet Nick? And is there going to be any online element to GTA IV?

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a huge robot chubby for the games coming soon to PS3 (and 360, before the whiney 360 owners get arsey).

You got your PS3 yet Nick? And is there going to be any online element to GTA IV?

Nope but have budgeted for it. As said before GTA is released on my birthday so it'll be one lovely present to myself although I'll be very tempted to get RE5 beforehand.

No idea about online element. Maybe there'll be some multi player modes like the last two.

• 3 weeks later...
Nope but have budgeted for it. As said before GTA is released on my birthday so it'll be one lovely present to myself although I'll be very tempted to get RE5 beforehand.

No idea about online element. Maybe there'll be some multi player modes like the last two.

Apparently RE5 isn't actually coming out till October. RE4 on the Gamecube is one of my favourite games of all time, and the video I've seen of the new one looks stunning. I'm more excited by that than GTA, truth be told.

Apparently RE5 isn't actually coming out till October. RE4 on the Gamecube is one of my favourite games of all time, and the video I've seen of the new one looks stunning. I'm more excited by that than GTA, truth be told.

Cheers Olly, that means it'll be released when I'm finishing GTA.

Marv.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking out for a GTA4 PS3 bundle. Keep em peeled shoppers.

Also, another question to Mr Weeks (my Oracle), can you just replace the PS3 40GB hard drive with a standard cheap large HD from elsewhere? I have heard such a suggestion.

For example, this?

Maxtor DiamondMax Plus20 160Gb 8Mb Cache SATA II Hard Disk Drive <11.0ms 7200rpm - OEM : max-dm168s

Bearing in mind I have no idea what components do what as I've never taken a PC apart, let alone a console.

Yours, ThickiThants

EDIT:

Ooo just seen this. Looks scary. You have to use a screwdriver and everything.

How To Upgrade Your Playstation 3 Hard Drive - UKDynasty

MOMENTUS 5400.3 160GB Ultra ATA/100 - ST9160821A - Seagate - hard disk drives - data storage

MR thantsy pants, you will need a screwdriver mate, but I think its pretty easy stuff. You will need a laptop internal hard drive (desktop ones are the wrong size) and you just replace one with t'other. Not sure how you transfer data from one to the other, I assume you use a PC for that.

I reckon when PlayTV is up and running and I can record TV, I'll be upgrading my 60Gb drive.

MR thantsy pants, you will need a screwdriver mate, but I think its pretty easy stuff. You will need a laptop internal hard drive (desktop ones are the wrong size) and you just replace one with t'other. Not sure how you transfer data from one to the other, I assume you use a PC for that.

I reckon when PlayTV is up and running and I can record TV, I'll be upgrading my 60Gb drive.

I edited my previous post while you were replying, Nick. That page I added explains all(ish). I was only thinking of it when recording TV too. The week thread on the screws scare me though! Apparently you can use any usb hardrive to back it up.

That link is very useful. Looks like a piece of piss! Didn't know PS3 had built in back up functionality either, I've got a 50Gb USB drive which will be perfick for that.

Pay close attention to the FAT32 issue though, that could really piss on your parade (make sure you reformat external drives in 32Gb or less chunks).

That link is very useful. Looks like a piece of piss! Didn't know PS3 had built in back up functionality either, I've got a 50Gb USB drive which will be perfick for that.

Pay close attention to the FAT32 issue though, that could really piss on your parade (make sure you reformat external drives in 32Gb or less chunks).

You see you completely had me then but now I'm utterly lost. Re-format? Chunks? I dont have windows so break it to me gently.