You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

GTA

Thants

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421

It's seven pages long. Think I'll give it a miss, the less I know about this game when I load it up for the first time the better. Cut'n'paste is an anagram of cunt paste.

Aye, tis too long for cut'n'paste Nick.

Have a read at home if you're interested in game journos discussing the basic game mechanics and gfx engine (not much in the way of spoilers I dont think).

Nother link:

Sony says 'meh' to GTA IV episodic content, Grand Theft Auto IV PS3 News | GamesRadar

Sony has said, "Yeah, whatever... look at all OUR PS3 exclusives!" as a riposte to Xbox 360's exclusive episodic GTA IV content, which it doesn't reckon many people will buy - initially anyway.

"...there's a lot of game to Grand Theft Auto and there's going to be a lot of game to Grand Theft Auto IV to the point where I think most people will have that Grand Theft Auto experience on the PS3, day and date, same core game shipping on the 360," Scott Steinberg, VP of Product Marketing at SCEA told GameDaily.

Xbox 360's episodic content may release in the autumn, he said, but referring to 'vanilla' GTA IV he added there's "a whole lot of product" releasing for PS3 in April too.

"...I personally don't think there's going to be a huge percentage of folks who jump into downloadable content for another price when they're still playing through the core product," Steinberg continued.

He went on to say that when GTA IV on PS3 is combined with console-exclusives Metal Gear Solid 4 and Gran Turismo, it clearly sets Sony's machine at the top.

"...I think that goes from tipping point to shoving point for consumers who are on the fence, wondering what platform should I buy... It's the elite of the elite products that actually enable hardware to be sold with software and we'll have three of them."

GTA IV is out on both PS3 and Xbox 360 on April 29. Make your decision now.

Courtesy of CVG.

Mar 31, 2008

Nice one, I'll start reading tomorrow but as TK said, I'm starting to try and stop myself looking at stuff. I JUST WANT IT NOW. One thing though, is the general gist a thumbs up or down?

Its only a playtest type scenario (journos in a room with a first glimpse of the game engine) but its a thumbs, fingers and toes up.

(I think its quite an old article now that I've read it too, so some stuff might have changed).

Its only a playtest type scenario (journos in a room with a first glimpse of the game engine) but its a thumbs, fingers and toes up.

(I think its quite an old article now that I've read it too, so some stuff might have changed).

Am I high maintenance?

:D completely. Although Er Indoors makes you look like an amateur.

Luckily we're not married . . . yet.

Just wait til I get my black little fuelzapping angel at the end of the month!

I'll practice now . . WEEEKKKSSIIIEEEE!!! WEEEKKKSSIIEEEE!

Luckily we're not married . . . yet.

Just wait til I get my black little fuelzapping angel at the end of the month!

I'll practice now . . WEEEKKKSSIIIEEEE!!! WEEEKKKSSIIEEEE!

I need to setup a tlw nerd helpline, £1 a minute. Lovely job.

I'm interested in this internal hard drive replacement shenanigans. weeeeeeeeeeeksiiiiiieeeeeeeee.

Get your laughing gear around this, my stormtrooping friend:

(loving the old school Mr Oizo 'Flat Beat' tune too).

As long as you get the right size drive (i.e. laptop not desktop) it seems quite straightforward, even though the big girl thants got put off with the screwdriver effort.

Get your laughing gear around this, my stormtrooping friend:

(loving the old school Mr Oizo 'Flat Beat' tune too).

As long as you get the right size drive (i.e. laptop not desktop) it seems quite straightforward, even though the big girl thants got put off with the screwdriver effort.

I break things.

I'll watch that later, cheers weeksie. I assume you can do this without losing data from the existing hard drive?

You'll need an external USB drive to backup your existing internal drive (there is a backup/restore utility in the PS3 software).

Guest TK-421
You'll need an external USB drive to backup your existing internal drive (there is a backup/restore utility in the PS3 software).

I've got a 160gb one for my pc, I could use that. I connected it to the PS3 one time but it didn't seem to recognise it, was seeing if I could play files from it on the PS3.

I've got a 160gb one for my pc, I could use that. I connected it to the PS3 one time but it didn't seem to recognise it, was seeing if I could play files from it on the PS3.

Your USB drive needs to be formatted as FAT32 TK, not NTFS (which is the Windows XP default).

I had the same problem, this helped me out hugely (especially the bit about downloading SwissKnife to format my usb drive):

USB Hard Drive Issues? - PS3 - Gaming - Discussion Forum /// Eurogamer

Guest TK-421
Your USB drive needs to be formatted as FAT32 TK, not NTFS (which is the Windows XP default).

I had the same problem, this helped me out hugely (especially the bit about downloading SwissKnife to format my usb drive):

USB Hard Drive Issues? - PS3 - Gaming - Discussion Forum /// Eurogamer

Ah ok. I'll look into this when I've got a spare six hours. Cheers, tech leg.

Weeeksie,

Found any good deals for 250gb laptop drives for the PS3 transfer? I'm thinking of doing the switch before playing any games as I don't have an external hardrive to reformat to 32mb chunks.

With your considerable knowledge (but no experience) would you recommend (I won't blame you in the slightest if you're wrong, I'll just send it back to amazon if it doesnt work).