You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Frasier

Faustus

It's been too long since the final episode aired, and a lot of the storylines that made it so brilliant had already been resolved. The same goes for any of the other successful 90s sitcoms like Seinfeld or Friends. As much as the characters are loved, you wouldn't be able to show their lives in the same way because they'll all have moved on, moved away and become different people.

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

It's been too long since the final episode aired, and a lot of the storylines that made it so brilliant had already been resolved. The same goes for any of the other successful 90s sitcoms like Seinfeld or Friends. As much as the characters are loved, you wouldn't be able to show their lives in the same way because they'll all have moved on, moved away and become different people.

I kind of think that is the point. They took the last chapter of that characters life as far as they could and will reinvent him in a different environment with a new cast. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone who thinks Frasier is better than Cheers deserves to get bad aids.

Cheers is clearly the best Sitcom of all time. It had three phases.

Phase 1 : With Sam, Diane and the Coach. Perfection

Phase 2 : With Sam and Diane (Coach had died). Close to perfection

Phase 3: With Sam and Rebecca. Not as good as 1 and 2 but still better than anything else

• 1 year later...

I really can't see the point. Two of the biggest elements of what made it work won't be in it. There'll be no Marty Crane, and the Niles-pining-after-an-oblivious-Daphne thing was resolved long before the show ended. Leave it be, and regard it fondly for what it was than remember it for the derision it will attract when it gets cancelled for not working.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I really can't see the point. Two of the biggest elements of what made it work won't be in it. There'll be no Marty Crane, and the Niles-pining-after-an-oblivious-Daphne thing was resolved long before the show ended. Leave it be, and regard it fondly for what it was than remember it for the derision it will attract when it gets cancelled for not working.

I think the plan is a complete new setting isn't it? Rather like the move from cheers. I read something recently, again like cheers, a few of the old characters will do guest appearances. It's supposed to be built around the relationship with him and his son. So a reverse of the original Frasier set up

4 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Should be left alone. A classic in its time but without Marty, eddie and his chair it wont work for me. 

It’ll end up like Only Fools and Horses did here in the UK. Slightly funny but only because viewers have affection for the characters and it’ll just be a shadow of its former self, especially without Martin.

It ended absolutely perfectly with Frasier flying to be with Charlotte in Chicago.

I guess Kelsey needs the work though. 

40 minutes ago, Pete said:

It’ll end up like Only Fools and Horses did here in the UK. Slightly funny but only because viewers have affection for the characters and it’ll just be a shadow of its former self, especially without Martin.

It ended absolutely perfectly with Frasier flying to be with Charlotte in Chicago.

I guess Kelsey needs the work though. 

as i mentioned before, i don't think the plan is to be just without martin - it's effectively a new show, in a new location, with frasier and his son as the central characters. so aside from frasier, there will be no sentimentality. really it'll all be down to the new characters (including his son) and the quality of the writing. the idea of enjoying the others i think is only on the odd guest appearance as it was from cheers to frasier. 

Saddened to hear that this is going to be dragged out. In all reality, Frasier jumped the shark once Niles and Daphne were an item. Two of the biggest and best things about the series were Niles' pursuit of Daphne. It was all about the chase. It lost much of its dynamic energy when they hooked up. The other being Marty, Eddie and the chair, taken as a whole, for those who can't count, or rather, for those who think I can't!

There was another wonderful element of the show, and that was the unspeakably lovely Roz!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

as i mentioned before, i don't think the plan is to be just without martin - it's effectively a new show, in a new location, with frasier and his son as the central characters. so aside from frasier, there will be no sentimentality. really it'll all be down to the new characters (including his son) and the quality of the writing. the idea of enjoying the others i think is only on the odd guest appearance as it was from cheers to frasier. 

So it will be a spin-off of a spin-off? That must be the first.

1 hour ago, Chocoholic said:

Saddened to hear that this is going to be dragged out. In all reality, Frasier jumped the shark once Niles and Daphne were an item. Two of the biggest and best things about the series were Niles' pursuit of Daphne. It was all about the chase. It lost much of its dynamic energy when they hooked up. The other being Marty, Eddie and the chair, taken as a whole, for those who can't count, or rather, for those who think I can't!

There was another wonderful element of the show, and that was the unspeakably lovely Roz!

Roz was a slut,in the best possible way.

• Upvote 2

• 11 months later...
On 25/02/2021 at 19:34, Chocoholic said:

Agree completely.

1st 4 or 5 seasons were superb.

That scene where frasier slept with his agent and niles was ringing the bell was priceless