You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Frasier

Faustus

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

Knew you negative Nancies would be sticking the boot in early.

Cunts.

Possibly because it ended perfectly and whilst this is reasonable it’s a pale imitation of Frasier and it misses Martin massively?? Sometimes you can’t go home.   

8 hours ago, redheart said:

The Guardian gave it a glowing review (4/5) and stated it started poorly but gets stronger and stronger.

Episode 1 is cack

Episode 2 is much better but nowhere near classic Frasier standards

The Martin character is filled by his son, Daphne by the live in friend of his son, and the role of Niles is played by the son of Niles.

I thought it was alright and have high hopes. After a gap of 20 years and no cross over characters, there's some heavy lifting to do in those opening episodes and I think what they've managed is to make you care about the relationship with Freddy and Frasier the way you did about Frasier and Martin all those years ago. 

As for the character match ups. I thought the clown aspect of Niles was filled by his son, but the friend/brother to Frasier aspect is filled by Nicholas Lyndhurst. And his boss is taking the Ros roll, including a mutual disrespect between her and Lyndhurst. 

All in all I think it has promise. 

I really enjoyed the first two episodes and it will clearly move through the gears as the new characters establish themselves. Also, all the old theatrical farce elements I used to love so much are still on show. An unusually good reboot/return. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Kelsey Grammer on radio 4 today saying he’s still a big Trump fan. Never meet your heroes 

Just goes to show that the character he plays is diametrically opposite to himself.  

On 16/10/2023 at 20:58, Paul said:

I really enjoyed the first two episodes and it will clearly move through the gears as the new characters establish themselves. Also, all the old theatrical farce elements I used to love so much are still on show. An unusually good reboot/return. 

I've very much enjoyed it and thought it really kicked on from there. I'm looking forward to the last episode and Roz's return. 

• Upvote 2